Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Not true. This thread doesn't need to turn into a converstation about terminal ballistics.
    It is true, I make a living using said weapon systems. You're right, it doesn't need to. But a lack of education on weapons and ammo give the wrong impression of certain weapon systems. I've rarely seen an exit wound with a .556. The closest shot being at 15 meters

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because a gay club got attacked isn't going to switch the gay vote to Trump. Sure, some may flip over, but a vast majority of the LGBT community is still going to see Trump, aka the GOP, as a threat to their civil rights -- which, news flash, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    i dont see anything about equal caliber anywhere

but ok.

if you want to think that if you line up all the rounds, pistol shot would be deadlier than rifle shot

you can feel free to think that
    Look at exactly what you quoted. 5.56 is not a high stopping power round. Something like 7.62 308 would be. 5.56 is a high velocity round. Also, the power of the round isn't determined specifically by the caliber. An array of things goes in that, barrel length, gr of power, gr of the projectile...

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Gun sales actually go up when things like this happen because people are afraid they will get taken away.

I just don't think you can regulate 800 million firearms with much success. California, New York, Washington DC, Chicago are evidence of this.

I don't like guns myself and if I could live in a society without them, I definitely would but that just isn't being realistic.
    No, it's good I understand. "It's too much of a hassle, so let's just suffer more shootings instead of actually doing something about it." That's perfectly sane logic. I get it, you tried it in some backwater village in Idaho and still someone had the audacity to use a gun in a crime in Chicago. Clearly, gun restrictions don't work. Seems like an honest effort.

No, I get what you mean. But in all fairness, these shootings? They happen because the US population wants them to happen. Simple as that. As long as you tolerate them, they will happen. And who wouldn't like a bit of dramatic entertainment for the evening, because that's what this is to 90% of the people wanting to be righteously outraged and have a bit of feels for random people they don't even know. All of this before saying "Oh man, if they had guns, they could've sieved that dude and we could watch a happy end to this, why is there never a happy end to these reality TV shows?"

Well... yeah. There you go. Put them all in mental health institutes, cos by now, it's either that or.. just buy popcorn and wait until next week, when we tune in to "Mass shootings in X: xx confirmed dead!"

Too much cynicism? It's up to you guys to stop me from being right.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Not under the strictness I'm starting to think we need: no assault weapons at all for anyone.
    So I usually don't even response to forums but im getting sick and tired of people with 0 knowledge about guns and gun control talk.

You have a right to an opinion, but seriously get some knowledge.

If you think banning all assault weapons is going to solve the problem, it's not. Do you really think a criminal is LEGALLY going to get a gun thru a background check or by banning them.
    Answer is both, no and yes they can but if u ban all assault weapons, they can still get 1. Therefore that doesn't work.

Now, Do you know why the reason the 2nd Amendment is about Guns. Learn it, its not about hunting and fishing like the Govt want you to think. Its about Self Defense and if the Govt ever comes suppress, that we, the people, can fight back. If we ban the Assault Rifles like everyone wants, then we will be fucked.
    Now, i'm not saying we should go and fight the Govt. Thats what the founding fathers wanted it there for.

Do you know how to use a gun? Do you know people kill people, guns don't kill people. If want to say that guns kill people, then we have to ban all cars with that logical.
    Its a mental health problem, not gun problem

Lastly, for everyone that wants to come and take our guns.

1) 1776 will happen again

and

2) You can come and take my guns from my cold dead fuckin hands.

infowars dot com / truepatriot
    Last edited by Fadeslol; 2016-06-12 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So were comparing Australia to America now? What worked there would obviously work here right?
    Honestly - we don't know until we try. I don't think there's a guarantee either way.

But I would like to see mass shootings decline in popularity. And if that means changing gun regulations, then I think it's something we should at least try for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    That doesn't make those few mentally ill. Those few might have the tools, they might lack a strong social structure, they might have a predisposition to strong emotions. These things don't make one mentally ill. If anything, it's a stress response - something that many/most are capable of under the right conditions.
    Eh.... I have to disagree here. I really don't think just anyone could do something like this. I do think it takes some sort of personality or emotional disorder to snap bad enough to where you could

A. Kill 50 people in cold blood
    B. End any type of future you have in your life
    C. Probably result in your own death
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-06-12 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's the one thing you haven't tried, yet.
    we have tried banning alcohol though. shall I remind you what THAT resulted in and why it lasted just over a decade before they gave up trying? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohib..._United_States

as for what happened - all I will say is that so many deaths of so many innocent people is tragic and yes it was homophobia driven at the very least. could it have been prevented with stricter laws? I don't know. I don't know just how long the shooter was planning out his act. and given that they are suspecting him carrying a bomb too... given how easy the bombs can be to built.... I don't know. the root of the problem is not the tool used - its the hatred. banning the tools is bandaid at best - hatred will just find new tools to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Just because a gay club got attacked isn't going to switch the gay vote to Trump. Sure, some may flip over, but a vast majority of the LGBT community is still going to see Trump, aka the GOP, as a threat to their civil rights -- which, news flash, he is.
    how is he threat to their civil rights ?

Look at exactly what you quoted. 5.56 is not a high stopping power round. Something like 7.62 308 would be. 5.56 is a high velocity round. Also, the power of the round isn't determined specifically by the caliber. An array of things goes in that, barrel length, gr of power, gr of the projectile...
    o yea he did say equal caliber.

yolo.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    question for the gays that live in the u.s.

do your gay bars have no security? no checks of ... suspicious individuals or anything?

seems like this could have entirely been preventable
    Nice blaming the victim here. Yeah bro, gays don't like keeping anyone out with security, cause that infringes on their ability to be as promiscuous as possible, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I dunno man, if it were JUST ideology, then this would be much more frequent.
    People are slaughtered every day in syria and iraq because of this ideology. I would say every day is frequent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I think this is true. However non-gays who are concerned about terrorism might switch to Trump, some probably will.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Just went to walmart and bought 400 rounds of 223, fucking liberals are going to go crazy with this shit, BUT IT WILL NEVER BE CALLED RADICAL ISLAM........here we go folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    So I usually don't even response to forums but im getting sick and tired of people with 0 knowledge about guns and gun control talk.

You have a right to an opinion, but seriously get some knowledge.

If you think banning all assault weapons is going to solve the problem, it's not. Do you really think a criminal is LEGALLY going to get a gun thru a background check.'
    Answer is both, no and yes they can but if u ban all assault weapons, they can still get 1. Therefore that doesn't work.

Now, Do you know why the reason the 2nd Amendment is about Guns. Learn it, its not about hunting and fishing like the Govt want you to think. Its about Self Defense and if the Govt ever comes suppress, they we, the people, can fight back. If we ban the Assault Rifles like everyone wants, then we will be fucked.
    Now, i'm not saying we should go and fight the Govt. Thats what the founding fathers wanted it there for.

Do you know have to use a gun? Do you know people kill people, guns don't kill people. If want to say that guns kill people, then we have to ban all cars with that logical.
    Its a mental health problem, not gun problem

Lastly, for everyone that wants to come and take our guns.

1) 1776 will happen again

and

2) You can come and take my guns from my cold dead fuckin hands.

infowars dot com / truepatriot
    Go back to Appalachia.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FBI has already clarified that he has ties to IS. Multiple IS twitter accounts have posted support for him. This was a terrorist attack, and this thread should be appropriately label. This is not a gun control issue.
    That thread would get locked well before the elephant in the room is addressed.

In b4 "Christians do it too!"

No. Last I checked they're just being snooty about serving you pancakes. Which is also shitty, but i'd take that over getting fucking hung any day of the week.

Look on the bright side. If Trump or any lefty sick of this shit looks at this with the right angle, get ya popcorn ready

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    It is true, I make a living using said weapon systems. You're right, it doesn't need to. But a lack of education on weapons and ammo give the wrong impression of certain weapon systems. I've rarely seen an exit wound with a .556. The closest shot being at 15 meters
    You make a living with it but you can't even say the caliber correctly? It's 5.56 nato not .556. You are lying, I know firearms very well. I'm at the range on a regular basis with military and LEO.

I never said anything about over penetration of 5.56 anyway, but you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    Just went to walmart and bought 400 rounds of 223, fucking liberals are going to go crazy with this shit, BUT IT WILL NEVER BE CALLED RADICAL ISLAM........here we go folks.
    We have people in this thread already decrying the use of 'Islam'.

Why don't you just take a step back and see how things go, before making partisan predictions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    Isn't it strange though at every other mass shooting, which seems to be a crime popular with white people, religion is never mentioned? The Sandy Hook shooter was an extreme nihilist. So was the V Tech shooter. So was the Aurora shooter. Yet no one mentions this but when it has to do with brown people, they blame their relgion?
    We are focusing on this attack, that's why.

The shooter's motivation needs to be confirmed before anyone can make their arguments.

But I'd wager if this was motivated by Islamic extremism then certain people will be scrambling to deflect the blame.

They can blame guns all they want as well. The shooter's motivation is the key here.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You have to understand, some people here really think AR-15 stands for "Assault Rifle Model 15".

This is the type of ignorance that gets riled up over emotion.
    I believe that the AR-15 (my personal favorite automatic rifle) is the civilian version of an M-16, which is the fully automatic military version of the same rifle.