View Poll Results: How surprised are you?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • I am surprised! Did not expect that at all

22 29.33%
  • I am not surprised, of course it would have done great!

38 50.67%
  • No opinion, haven't seen it yet

15 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Must be a US/Chinese thing? Not heard/seen anything about it here, must not be any marketing/media campaigns and if you asked anyone here if they had heard of warcraft they would just gaze, confused.

I wished it would do better domestically. China shouldn't be carrying the movie to a sequel.

At least at the moment I don't think it's a huge success. Maybe in China it is. It's not a terrible movie, but I think it's got a bit of bad\bland acting. I like Paula Patton, but I thought her Garona was terrible.I would prefer a little tougher\meaner more isolated and kick ass. Lothar was blah and not overly believable. Overall, I felt the Orc story had the best acting.

If there is a sequel maybe they'll be able to draw better talent and Duncan will be able to piece it together a little better now that he has more experience.

Until I see the official US numbers, The movie seems to be doing as expected in the US. I didn't expect a flop and I didn't expect a Capt America level either.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-12 at 03:43 PM.

Where's the "...but the movie isn't doing well", option?

Or the "it's too soon to tell, if the movie will flop or not".

I will say, I'm not surprised it's doing so poorly domestically. It's a video game movie, Chris Metzen had a hand in it, the screenwriter (Charles Leavitt) is terrible, and it was so bad I couldn't even finish it. The reviews are spot on.

The first article I found was that the Warcraft movie "bombs with 24.4M"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...2-soars-901869
    Last edited by ablib; 2016-06-12 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    At least at the moment I don't think it's a huge success. Maybe in China it is. It's not a terrible movie, but I think it's got a bit of bad\bland acting. I like Paula Patton, but I thought her Garona was terrible.I would prefer a little tougher\meaner more isolated and kick ass. Lothar was blah and not overly believable. Overall, I felt the Orc story had the best acting.

If there is a sequel maybe they'll be able to draw better talent and Duncan will be able to piece it together a little better now that he has more experience.

Until I see the official US numbers, The movie seems to be doing as expected in the US. I didn't expect a flop and I didn't expect a Capt America level either.
    the garona from the movie was a slave, did'nt not learn to fight until humans becoming to accept her, garona we see in the game has years of training behind her, i think she will become more badass with sequel going on and years passing by in the lore of the movie

It hasn't even broke $300m yet so why do you think it was such a success? It barely has any show times around here either. It's had a dismal opening in the US so far and with China ticket sale rules it's a pretty big financial bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No surprise at all considering the size of the Warcraft fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I bet most of you here expected it to flop, so how surprised are you that Warcraft movie is being such a big hit?
    I know you're a troll, but I think the verdict is still out on it "being a hit".

I personally loved it, but the people I went with who have no Warcraft knowledge said they were completely lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a megathread for the movie. Please post there.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."