Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    I feel like the only reason this thread is still active is because people want to argue for the sake of arguing.
    There are still two very clear sides of this debate and it's unlikely either side will ever convince one another of anything so it'll likely rage on until BlizzCon when I'm sure we'll get more developer concrete feedback on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    I feel like the only reason this thread is still active is because people want to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Pretty much like 80% of the threads on mmo-champion

Games have been making retro versions 's othemselves for years now. IfI Blizzard did burn all their old data in dumpster fire they would be the well dumb and imo they aren't. They now know they have this in their back pocket. I guarantee this insurgencies huge in their earnings call if the next round of subs is a bad hit. They are smart to keep this in their back pocket.

Deleted
    It doesn't really matter whether they have that data or not, they can recover it or somehow recreate it. They just don't want to do it because they think it wouldn't justify the costs or bring them insane profit. That's the whole issue here and anyone who believes otherwise is gullible to the extreme. They should come by my place some time, I have this nice bridge to sell.

They don't want to or they know they have it and are saving it for a money grab as a trump card? Imo this next earnings call should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    They don't want to or they know they have it and are saving it for a money grab as a trump card? Imo this next earnings call should be interesting.
    You know, Blizzard doesn't really have a vested interest in lying to its playerbase about what they do or do not have. These tin foil hat conspiracy theories about them purposefully hiding information so they can release Legacy realms as a cash grab are laughable at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the writing on the wall. They are going to string us along until the population gets down to the "never-leavers". These folks will play the game until the plug is pulled. Good decisions, bad decisions, no new content, global catastrophe... If the servers are running and they have access they'll be subbed. Once the population is in that stage Blizzard will likely drop legacy realms in order to extend the life of the game for another few years. I figure the exapansion after Legion is a good target for the dip in subs for them to put the work into Legacy based on patterns of the last 3 expansions.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I see the writing on the wall. They are going to string us along until the population gets down to the "never-leavers". These folks will play the game until the plug is pulled. Good decisions, bad decisions, no new content, global catastrophe... If the servers are running and they have access they'll be subbed. Once the population is in that stage Blizzard will likely drop legacy realms in order to extend the life of the game for another few years. I figure the exapansion after Legion is a good target for the dip in subs for them to put the work into Legacy based on patterns of the last 3 expansions.
    Minus the doom and gloom verbiage, that's pretty much how I see things panning out as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Minus the doom and gloom verbiage, that's pretty much how I see things panning out as well.
    It's not really doom and gloom. It's just being a realist.

Deleted
    I also doubt that as many people would return for Legion as they did for WoD, I know I won't and I can't be the only person. I'm just disappointed that they had to shut down Nost.

Question about a vanilla server:
    Would everything be open and active as it was at the end right before the TBC expansion, or would the server start the same way vanilla once did and then add the coming patches and raid with the same time frame as the original vanilla did?
    Would the server and everyones characters/progression then get wiped out by the time TBC would launch and everyone would have to start over or would it simply stop at the Naxxramas release and then players would just keep playing vanilla as it was during that last patch before TBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Question about a vanilla server:
    Would everything be open and active as it was at the end right before the TBC expansion, or would the server start the same way vanilla once did and then add the coming patches and raid with the same time frame as the original vanilla did?
    Would the server and everyones characters/progression then get wiped out by the time TBC would launch and everyone would have to start over or would it simply stop at the Naxxramas release and then players would just keep playing vanilla as it was during that last patch before TBC?
    Personally, I'd like ladder realms that progress. Start with MC/BWL/ZG/ONY enabled, then release AQ40/20/Green DagRonZ with the gates opening, then release Naxx let it last a year or so after naxx hits then dump the characters onto a non-ladder realm and rinse and repeat. That non-ladder realm would be locked in Vanilla with Naxx out. There'd still be the honor system and all raids would be available.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-06-12 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    If they ever do it, they'll start at patch 1.12 (the last one) for vanilla, but only have MC and Onyxia open as the first "tier", then progressively add the other raids up to Naxx. The reason for this is that patches aren't only content, but bring bug-fixes as well. What happens after that I'm not sure, maybe have transfers to TBC servers after a certain time of Naxx. The problem with this (and if they simply convert the realms to TBC ones) is that they'd have to continuously add vanilla servers with only MC and Onyxia and start the process over again. Even with all raids open you couldn't just skip to Naxx at max level though, so they might just stay vanilla servers indefinitely. The economy would be terrible for a newcomer after 2 years of Naxx (for example), however.
    Last edited by mmoc89b6e6865b; 2016-06-12 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    This is a pretty big thread now... So I'll just go ahead and ask, are there any good Vanilla private servers out there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    This is a pretty big thread now... So I'll just go ahead and ask, are there any good Vanilla private servers out there?
    Good? Debatable. Playable? Yes. They cannot be publicized here. Go on reddit, they're fairly easy to find on the right subreddit (and safe).
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    It's also worth noting that they wasted $500 million on the movie. Yet they don't have enough money for Legacy. Funny. If other people didn't pay them for the license to make the movie that is.
    Last edited by mmoc89b6e6865b; 2016-06-12 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodplay View Post
    It's also worth noting that they wasted $500 million on the movie. Yet they don't have enough money for Legacy. Funny. If other people didn't pay them for the license to make the movie that is.
    The movie cost far less to produce and Legendary paid for its production and promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodplay View Post
    Between US and China the movie has turned a profit already, not sure how that's money wasted. The movie cost $160 million to make by the way, with $24 mil US and $156 mil in China so far with the numbers only 5 days after release overseas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Between US and China the movie has turned a profit already, not sure how that's money wasted. The movie cost $160 million to make by the way, with $24 mil US and $156 mil in China so far with the numbers only 5 days after release overseas.
    I read somewhere that they'd need $500 million to break even. Actually, here's a source -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/war.../1100-6440687/

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the amount of dollars was invested in the movie, it wasnt by Blizzard. It was from the film producers. So, no, Blizz didn't shell out 500 mill and now plays stingy on legacy.