Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I've got bad news for you then, Legion PvP is impressively not fun, in the current iteration.... and it's basically been entirely unchanged for the entire beta, and most of the alpha thus far...
    That's subjective. This is my most ideal PvP:

-Soloable healers
    -Tanks are hard to kill but they don't do damage
    -Casters and healers use more normal casts than instant casts
    -100-0 burst exists for all classes.
    -No absurbly long cc chains
    -Melee has enough gapclosers and cc breaks to fight ranged
    -Ranged have enough escapes to fight melee
    -1vX is possible for skilled players
    -Every class has a high skill ceiling

Does legion hit any of those marks?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    -Soloable healers
    This is possible currently on Beta, because numbers tuning is that high for damage right now, and caster specs have little to no recourse versus melees atm.

I don't agree that a healer should be so easily soloable by any single dps..... doing so simply further discourages people actually playing healer classes.

-Tanks are hard to kill but they don't do damage
    Currently many tanks are outdpsing damage most damage dealers, and outhealing most healers all while being generally being unpeelable (as melees) and nearly immortal.

-Casters and healers use more normal casts than instant casts
    Casters currently are unable to really cast much... and when they do, there casted spells are still mostly "filler" spells. Probably the worst of both worlds.

-100-0 burst exists for all classes.
    Rogues can 100-0 you in a cheapshot, Protadins are stil able to drop you within 3 Globals.... Most classes have the power to 100-0 someone during a 6 second stun.

-No absurbly long cc chains
    Those are unchanged.

-Melee has enough gapclosers and cc breaks to fight ranged
    Current balance has melee basically being immune to ranged via interupts and 100% uptime.

-Ranged have enough escapes to fight melee
    Most melee get 100% uptime on any single target they want to stay on, right now. Casters are defenseless.

-1vX is possible for skilled players
    1vX is possible for melee (vs casters) and for Tanks (vs anyone)... skill has absolutely nothing to do with it, currently.

-Every class has a high skill ceiling
    Post prune classes are actually pretty intensely skill devoid. Sub rogues, for example basically had the entirety of their nuance removed in favor of what basically amounts to a current frost DK, that teleports to his target constantly.

It's a bad situation right now, and needs considerable work to actually be done.. work that as of yet, has not even been started.

Quote Originally Posted by Durtnasty View Post
    So it looks like we're not going to see any new Battlegrounds or world PvP zones in Legion. What do you guys think about that? Are you content playing the same BGs we've had for years? Are you sad to see nothing like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad? Let's hear it.
    As someone who has played on PvE server and dabbles every blue moon in a battleground (haven't since MoP though). I enjoyed the Halaa in Nagrand Burning Crusade style PvP. Fighting over that PvP area in a PvE zone for special rewards made for some fun times when the zone was populated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    0 new battlegrounds in WoD and now 0 new battlegrounds in legion is really truly unacceptable. A lot of people play this game soley for pvp and not having new content in years is really crazy for a monthly sub game. Not sure if I will be rejoining this train wreck or not.
    bg's are shit and bot ridden, you have new arenas and a revamped honor system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post

Really appreciate your post, had no idea what was going on in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    wpvp is dead in legion, BGs are pretty pointless because pve gives you better loot for less effort and time
    If you do PvP purely for the gear perhaps.
    If battlegrounds are going to be practically dead for that reason, then that surely speaks volumes about the community.
    WPvP is dying because it isn't rewarding.
    Players used to care if something was fun.
    Now if it isn't "efficient" in terms of getting a reward, then it isn't good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I will admit I come to Blizzard defense a lot more than I am against them, but I will say this: We need some PVP love Blizzard. I know only mmo-c.com will read this, I know nobody at blizzard comes to MMO-C.com to read anything especially pvp threads, but deep down - we seriously need some love in this part of the game. I get spending time balancing pvp is one thing, don't get me wrong, even making characters viable/changing things up etc.. making the game FUN again for pvpers of certain class's etc.. But deep down it all won't mean a damn thing for us casuals when we keep rolling the same BG's as we had since MoP. Anyway, hope everyone's doing well Season ending announcement sooooon <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Give us Arathi Basin with snow already.