Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Our lord and savior of the lore forum is Alliance scum? For shame.

My Troll Priest is late 90s. Trolls lifespan isn't defined in canon, but I like to imagine their regeneration makes them age exceptionally slow like Wolverine. King Rastakhan is said to have ruled for over 200 years, but most Trolls are too stupid to reach old age and die pretty young.

My Goblin Warlock is 15. It's an important part of his story that Goblins have a max lifespan of 20 years. Fearing death, he bargained with demonic magic to magically make himself immortal as most powerful warlocks are. The fel magic eats away at his health, but being a Goblin makes him not too concerned with that.

My Orc Shaman is late 20's. Born on Azeroth. Draenor was new to him.

My Orc Warrior is mid 50's. Born on Draenor and having survived all the ordeals the Orcs went through. Was a supporter of Garrosh.

My Tauren Paladin is young, about 20. He's young enough to embrace the Sunwalkers and not too old to be stubborn about the new teachings.
    Due to RP. Alliance side where I am now is more lively. I personally enjoy both sides, but Horde slightly more and it does seem like the stories on Horde side are more fleshed out (like Blizzard cares more or something. )

My favorite and most fleshed out character, if you ask me? It's a tie between my Draenei mage, and my blood elf paladin. Although, they are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Due to RP. Alliance side where I am now is more lively. I personally enjoy both sides, but Horde slightly more and it does seem like the stories on Horde side are more fleshed out (like Blizzard cares more or something. )

My favorite and most fleshed out character, if you ask me? It's a tie between my Draenei mage, and my blood elf paladin. Although, they are very different.
    My struggle is the races. I love all the Alliance races except human I just can't bring myself to roll one. But they make the best Paladins, death knights and priests. On the Horde I like all the races but am really getting tired of the aesthetic of it all.

I miss my human priest, I'm just too much a hipster and feel lame running around with the 4 million other people rolling human.

pretty much whatever you want. I think the youngest can be is in your late teens, or at least a fully grown teenager.. 16 upwards... but you can have any range that is acceptable within the race.

apparently goblins live much shorter lives than others? but rpg lore books are no longer canon, if tha'ts the case then in their cases you may actually be younger starting off.

short answer is up to you.

My Draenei mage is very ancient, so it is kind of redundant to specify her age since she is supposed to be above 25,000 years old.
    My blood elf paladin is 1,026 years old; she is relatively young.
    My human paladin is 35 years old.
    My human priestess is 20 years old.
    My worgen warrior is 24 years old.

Those are the ones I roleplay frequently on.
    That's actually fairly old. If we go by Anatastarian's lifespan, then she's already 1/3 of the way to a natural death. However, according to WoWPedia,

King Anasterian Sunstrider was notably ancient for a high elf at the time of his death, having lived for 3,000 years.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Life_spans#cite_note-33

If he's ancient at 3000, that means that the average lifespan of high / blood elves is sufficiently shorter, possibly 1500-2000 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    That's actually fairly old. If we go by Anatastarian's lifespan, then she's already 1/3 of the way to a natural death. However, according to WoWPedia,

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Life_spans#cite_note-33

If he's ancient at 3000, that means that the average lifespan of high / blood elves is sufficiently shorter, possibly 1500-2000 years.
    I mean in relative to the life span of some, before they go independent and form Quel'thalas. Weren't some of those people almost 10,000 years old, and didn't the elves generally lost their immortality fairly recently?

I mean in relative to the life span of some, before they go independent and form Quel'thalas. Weren't some of those people almost 10,000 years old, and didn't the elves generally lost their immortality fairly recently?
    Only the Night Elves were connected immortally to the new Well of Eternity. The Quel'dorei lost their connection when they were banished from Kalimdor; that's why one of the vials from the original Well was used to create the Sunwell.

As for them being 10000 years old, I don't have enough information to confirm or deny that, but I imagine it wouldn't be out of the question for some. My belf priest, for instance, is some ways over 7000 and pretty substantially hindered by his age. But for the average elf, again considering Anastarien being described as ancient at merely 3000, I imagine the average lifespan is at least half of that.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from playing that age in case you feel I am. Merely suggesting she wouldn't be that young.

Draenei DK should be ancient since it's pretty much established that he/she was born on Argus and was mature enough to have some memory of it. The new generation of orc and troll characters, on the other hand, should still be quite young since they barely came of age to start their battle training at the times of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    ~three fiddy
    maybe if you were a night elf
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Draenei DK should be ancient since it's pretty much established that he/she was born on Argus and was mature enough to have some memory of it. The new generation of orc and troll characters, on the other hand, should still be quite young since they barely came of age to start their battle training at the times of Cata.
    Or they're a former civilian that's finally taken to be able to defend themselves. Just because you're starting battle training, doesn't mean you're young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    In general how old are the ancient races or the near immortal races players supposed to be? The Draenei, the Night and Blood Elves? Are they supposed to be the 30+ years they appear to be? Are the Draenei from Argus itself, from their time on Draenor, somewhat younger? Were the Nelves around during the Long Vigil? Could the Belfs have been around from the founding of the old Alliance?

Personally, i play my belf pally, as a 300 or so year old. Mostly staying in elven lands, but has in the past been to and visited Stormwind, Dalaran, and Lordaeron.

Thoughts?
    i see a lot of people with gray hair, who wants to play an old person in game? booooooooo

As far as I'm concerned, unless Blizzard makes an official statement on it your character is whatever age you want them to be.

And just for fun:
    My blood elf warlock is 423 years old, though I'm kind of basing it on what brief mentions I've seen of elven age in the books (Tides of Darkness, for example). Most high elves, aside from Anasterian, are described as being many centuries old so I just took it from there. If I've understood it correctly then she's a young adult by elf standards.

My human death knight was 28 when he died, so he'd be about the same age as Varian Wrynn at this point. (If my math is correct, and please correct me if it isn't, Varian should be 42 years old in Legion)

My paladin is kind of a tricky one. She's a half-elf (lorewise) and I have no idea what their aging process is like. I guess I'd put her in her early/mid-twenties depending on how it works.

My human priest was 16 in Wrath, so if we go by real world time she's 25 in Legion.

My dwarf hunter is.... I have no idea. He probably has no idea himself, the lousy drunk.

My human rogue is 44 (by the time of late WoD), but she looks a lot younger than she actually is. Being a pirate keeps you young, I guess.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-12-12 at 04:01 PM.

As a main DK, I don't think age applies to my char since her body doesn't actually age.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    i see a lot of people with gray hair, who wants to play an old person in game? booooooooo
    *raises hand*

I used to RP as a paladin that had his youth drained in battle by a warlock.

Damn.... how many ticks of Drain Life does it take to achieve that?

I like to think my tauren druid, hunter, dk, shaman, and warrior are quintuplets (their poor poor mother.....) and their age is 50.
    My tauren priest, pandaren monk (adopted), and tauren monk are my tauren hunter's kids being 28, 23, and 18.
    My undead rogue is 105.
    My twin belf lock and pally are 120.
    My tauren paladin is 22.
    My goblin hunter is 21.
    My goblin mage is 18.
    My orc dk is 65.
    My pandaren shaman is 15.

I love how some people love to say that their characters are really old, hundreds to thousands of years old. You start the game as a level 1, so that means for hundreds or thousands of years your characters just sat on their asses and did nothing but read the WoW manual.

Sorry if that sounds dickish, not trying to be one, I promise. It just makes me chuckle a little bit is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My character is quintillions of years old. He built a forward time machine a few universe cycles back, fell asleep at the wheel, woke up, then forgot how to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Damn.... how many ticks of Drain Life does it take to achieve that?
    I used to use Drain Soul on a paladin to top up my shards between Gruul attempts, never made one go grey.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's all up for RP...

My Draenei is a little younger than Velen, but was there when the Eredar were betrayed and were forced to flee. I'm RP-ing that Kil'Jaeden killed my wife and baby girl and was forced to vindicate his anger by becoming a warrior of the light.
    My Night elf huntress is around the same age as Tyrande, having experienced a lot of history.
    My Draenei priest is a little younger. Around Yrel's age. I know it's weird, but I RP that she was actually from the WOD-timeline and has now joined us in the current timeline.
    My Human DK was 45 when his soul was reaped by Arthas in Lordaeron. Now he's immortal...
    My Human warlock is 30
    My Worgen rogue is 29
    My Pandaren monk is 49
    My Dwarf warrior is 200 years old
    My Dwarf shaman is a little younger... just 60
    My Night elf druid is a little younger as Malfurion
    My Night elf mage is quite young, having been born just as the Shen'Dralar joined Darnassus

My Horde chars, I don't RP on, so don't care

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
    I love how some people love to say that their characters are really old, hundreds to thousands of years old. You start the game as a level 1, so that means for hundreds or thousands of years your characters just sat on their asses and did nothing but read the WoW manual.

Sorry if that sounds dickish, not trying to be one, I promise. It just makes me chuckle a little bit is all.
    Not to sound dickish myself, but your ealize that levels don't mean anything in lore, for starter, and that it's a game play mechanic?

Not to mention, you have a major flaw with that argument: When people roleplay a character, they didn't necessarily roleplay it as it is represented in the game. My Draenei, for example, could be considered more or less like one of these "Shield of Velen" characters more than that "lv1 draenei that was hunting butterflies in Azuremyst lol". In character, she has been around for that much.

Mind you, that doesn't mean you can't incorporate elements of the game's storylines in your character. For example, my Draenei went to Outland. She went to Northrend. She went to Vashj'ir. But she wasn't "lv60" when she stepped inside the Dark Portal for the first time, and she surely wasn't hunting elephant noses or whatever in Nagrand when she got there (despite me actually doing that quest chain as a player.)

Hopefully, this clarifies the difference a bit.

2-