View Poll Results: Title Question.

Voters
330. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Azshara can carry an entire expansion.

219 66.36%
  • No, Azshara can not carry an entire expansion.

111 33.64%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Deathwing had an expac for himself alone, so can Azshara.

An example is the Azshara fan expac I'm doing with a friend and can be read in my sig :P

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I didn't really feel Garrosh was the villain that carried the x-pac. Not like "You are not prepared" Ilidan (and even he didn't show up a lot...he was more a selling point IMHO). Mop went from exploring a newly discovered island to Klaxxi raid (made sense) and then the Thunderking (fair enough...that was obviously Pandaren history). Garrosh (and the Battlefield Barrens patch) kinda blindsided me. I was like Whoa..okay..didn't see that one coming. And it didn't convince me. I like how the VoEB was changed during the SoO raid. Hated it that it stayed in ruined after we apparently healed it by beating Grommash.
    We didn't so much heal it as destroyed the source of the sha so it CAN heal over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I rather have N'zoth as the final expansion boss. We have never had that, an old god themed expasion. Sure you can say Cataclysm was old god themed but I want more. Also in the end Garrosh was powerd by Y'Sharaaj.
    Anyway maybe Azshara can either be second last boss in the last raid (N'Zoth is last) or she is the last boss in the second raid tier (If we assume the expasion got 3 tier raids)
    Also I would like to see a 100% themed old god expansion and that the 3 raids are connected.
    Think of the 3 raids to be connected. You start at the root and defeat their front. Then there is a smaller patch which unlocks a little "resting place" which takes place "after" the first raid were you have been able to clear of the old god minnions. were you set up a small base. No garrison or that, just a flight path and a quest chain and some lonely NPCs. Then you get to advance up to the the middle part in next raid patch and take down those forces. Then another small patch with the same mechanics as the first one. Then in the final raid patch we are in the "eye of the storm" batteling the strongest minnions and then defeat N'Zoth himself.
    Last edited by Crillam; 2016-06-10 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I don't know. I rather have N'zoth as the final expansion boss. We have never had that, an old god themed expasion. Sure you can say Cataclysm was old god themed but I want more. Also in the end Garrosh was powerd by Y'Sharaaj.
    Anyway maybe Azshara can either be second last boss in the last raid (N'Zoth is last) or she is the last boss in the second raid tier (If we assume the expasion got 3 tier raids)
    Also I would like to see a 100% themed old god expansion and that the 3 raids are connected.
    Think of the 3 raids to be connected. You start at the root and defeat their front. Then there is a smaller patch which unlocks a little "resting place" which takes place "after" the first raid were you have been able to clear of the old god minnions. were you set up a small base. No garrison or that, just a flight path and a quest chain and some lonely NPCs. Then you get to advance up to the the middle part in next raid patch and take down those forces. Then another small patch with the same mechanics as the first one. Then in the final raid patch we are in the "eye of the storm" batteling the strongest minnions and then defeat N'Zoth himself.
    While I think Azshara can fulfill the role I agree I'd RATHER have N'zoth do it and her being either a mid tier raid boss or the penultimate boss in N'zoth's raid.

And yeah, Cataclysm WAS old god themed, despite not having an actual old god to fight. But it wasn't the only theme, the elements and dragons were also prominent themes, and it's not like we can only use a theme once. BC was also demon themed, that's not stopping Legion. In fact the Legion rather than Illidan ended up being the main/final villain anyway despite Illidan being the poster boy for the expansion. No reason we can't have another old god themed expansion and fight one as the end boss for once, instead of the old god playing second fiddle to another villain like in Wrath or as a tool for an unrelated villain like Garrosh.

She can, but I doubt she will. They can introduce a huge naga threat scenario, only to reveal that N'zoth is behind it in the end. I don't believe she will be killed off even if she becomes the end-boss of a raidtier in N'zoth's expansion. She'd probably make a return.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-12 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An expansion? Not even close..
    A raid tier, with background? Maybe..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    She is iconic enough to be on the box, sure.

Then, no villain has ever entirely carried an expansion on their own anyway. Even Arthas had to leave some rooms for Yogg'Saron. There will always be parallele stories. In a hypothetical Azshara expansion, it's obvious that N'Zoth will have an significant role to play.

I find it extremely surprising that the poll is now at 2/3rds. I mean what the fuck?

After everything considering what N'Zoth has actually done, considering his stature as an Old God, literal representation of the Void Lords, him being the most enigmatic, and the most (lore-wise) powerful Old God, he's the one that can drive an entire expansion better than Azshara ever could. She's, at best, a more powerful version of Jaina.

Azshara, on the other hand, appeared once in Darkshore, maybe some lore references in Vashj'ir, about as much as N'Zoth (considering the siphoning of energies from old beings like Nespiroth(don't remember his exact name) to someone deep down below(definitely N'Zoth), but pretty much nothing else. Sure she was comparable to Archi and Kiljaeden's power, but Old Gods are different - their power is both political and profound, they corrupted a dragon aspect, fielded massive armies, fought other Old Gods for terrain and power. Azshara was a preening queen, that's literallly it, she she has done nothing noteworthy.

Deleted
    After everything considering what N'Zoth has actually done, considering his stature as an Old God, literal representation of the Void Lords, him being the most enigmatic, and the most (lore-wise) powerful Old God, he's the one that can drive an entire expansion better than Azshara ever could. She's, at best, a more powerful version of Jaina.
    Azshara is more marketable than N'Zoth. It's simple as that.

Before Legion, N'Zoth's name has been pronounced by only one guy, Warlord Zon'ozz, and he didn't even speak common. The vast majority of players have no idea on who N'Zoth is. On the other hand, Azshara has an entire region bearing her name.

Furthermore, N'Zoth is a big tentacle thing which spreads madness, which is good as a figure shrouded in mystery and as a raid boss, but not as a villain you follow and interact with during the course of an expansion. Azshara has a defined personality, and she is a Medusa-like snake queen, which is a recognizable figure for the average fantasy/rpg enthusiast.
    Last edited by mmoc121f221165; 2016-06-12 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Azshara is more marketable than N'Zoth. It's simple as that.

Before Legion, N'Zoth's name has been pronounced by only one guy, Warlord Zon'ozz, and he didn't even speak common. The vast majority of players have no idea on who N'Zoth is. On the other hand, Azshara has an entire region bearing her name.

Furthermore, N'Zoth is a big tentacle thing which spreads madness, which is good as a figure shrouded in mystery and as a raid boss, but not as a villain you follow and interact with during the course of an expansion. Azshara has a defined personality, and she is a Medusa-like snake queen, which is a recognizable figure for the average fantasy/rpg enthusiast.
    Not to mention the naga race she brings with herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily. But there has to be a fairly large amount of original lore created to go along with her. Just underwater highborn cities won't cut it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say no. She is not well known enough among the casual players to carry and sell an entire expansion.

I think any major villain can if its written well enough.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Most players couldn't handle one zone of Vashj'ir (although I enjoyed it). How are they going to handle an entire Naga-themed expansion?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Most players couldn't handle one zone of Vashj'ir
    You mean the minority that cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    You mean the minority that cried.
    I get the impression that overall the zone was unpopular. I confess I have no solid statistical data on how many did and didn't like it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I get the impression that overall the zone was unpopular. I confess I have no solid statistical data on how many did and didn't like it.
    I don't have any data either, but it is easy to spot.

Now, the zone was not without massive flaws, but the amount of crying and focused assault screams "I DIDN'T LIKE IT AND THE WHOLE WORLD MUST HEAR ME! TEN TIMES!"

Now watch as someone gets defensive and triggered about the above statement.

When weak ass villain like Garrosh could do it then Azhara could do it easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    When weak ass villain like Garrosh could do it then Azhara could do it easily.
    Now I am all for Azshara doing it, but to say that Garrosh was a weak ass character wouldn't be right at all.

Or did you mean just a weak ass villain that became villainous out of nowhere? Because in that case, I agree.

She could easily be an expansion focus! Easily!