Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair she seems pretty reasonable in legion. She is more of "non-nonsence" person rather the "horde is evil". Or is it that she is undead ?

And again who will replace her ? Another orc since we burned orc fatigue already ? "Hai guys its yo boi Gerrush and i will totally not commit genocide".
    If she is really reasonable against a warmongering Genn, then she does get my vote.

A reasonable, good leader Sylvanas would be indeed very interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-06-13 at 10:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not buying it for Vol'jin, much like Sylvanas he does seem to have a deal going on with a death god. And Trolls are rather gifted in the art of not dying, unless you are named Sen'jin.

Sylvanas is the best choice for Warchief. She's an incredibly flawed leader, and let's be honest, a total dick. In most situations, she's be no better choice than Gallywix.

However, this is a war for survival. Sylvanas has the most experience in waging war. She has the most experience facing demons. Baine would make for a great Warchief, if we want to keep peace, build up the Horde into a prosperous healthy family.

But Baine can't lead the armies of the Horde. He can't eradicate the Burning Legion that's about to snuff out all life on Azeroth, and mercilessly strike back at the Legion. He's just not cunning enough. Baine is the Warchief the Horde deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Sylvanas is the right choice, short-term. Whether she'll fuck up or find redemption long-term, is up in the aid. But first, we have to survive.

I do hope we get an unexpected return for Vol'jin. He rose to power with lots of promise. The guy got a bloody book, which I read twice, to get invested in what was clearly the one and future Warchief. Instead, we get him telling us we're doing a good job on Draenor, and that's pretty much it. Well that, and we name a few things in his honor.

I liked the theory that he fakes his death and seeks out the Zandalari, while letting Sylvanas take over in his stead for now. But if we see him die on his throne.. That becomes less likely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde have better general and commander than Sylvanas - Saurfang (Lead armies against Old God in Silithius). I dont know why many people claims her pro war leader - she lost Quel'Thalas to young prince, failed in Gilneas losing to old man and his young son, twice was betrayed and rekted. The only thing what keeps her alive is valkyries and plot armor.

there was so much build up for him with his short story about being a leader and all sorts, then when he gets the role of warchief at the end on MoP, nothing, he does FUCKING NOTHING! WoD was a filler expansion where the hordes warchief played no part, so his entire build up was to be a glorified bench warmer? ughghg that sucks so friggin much that i have to believe that hes undercover again, uniting the zandalari trolls and dragging them into the horde or some such nonsense, but killing him off?

Its so worthless... Like, i dont mind if he dies, just make him do something of worth before he does?

Or maybe he does something of worth after he dies... maybe his story isnt over, maybe the kingdom he was intended to rule was the shadow realm and he becomes some voodoo god?

then his story could follow on from voljin in the underworld getting pissed at how he was denied his rule and bwonsamdi tells him "HAHAHAHHAHAHA did you really tink da throne you be promised was dat one!? AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Nah mon, i been here a long time and i tink its time for some new blood, da throne you be takin is much more important, its da throne of da loa of death!"

and bam! voljin becomes a more active loa of death than bwonsamdi, and begins using his power against the legion and shit, which could be some interesting twist of irony where voljin wanted the role of warchief and sylvanas wants to control the gates to the shadow realm and they both miss out and get what the other wanted ahhaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Bumping this because of new info revealed in dev interviews.

Looks like the change in leadership is very much happening going forward. Vol'jin's definitely biting the dust. Shame, after all the buildup in MoP it felt like they wanted to make him into an actual character. WoD stalled all his development, then he just dies.

So, who could possibly lead the Trolls now? My votes on Rokhan, since he's really the only one who has relevance in the Horde. Or the troll woman who created Druidism maybe?
    Wouldn't it be Vol'jin's son Yenniku who now rules them? Similar to how Vol'jin took over from his father Sen'jin?
    Why would you want anyone else to rule the trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    And Trolls are rather gifted in the art of not dying, unless you are named Sen'jin.
    Funny, trolls were actualy quite skilled at dying and nothing else since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Funny, trolls were actualy quite skilled at dying and nothing else since vanilla.
    "Don't look so smug, i know what you thinking but:
    - Zul'gurub
    - Zul'farrak
    - Sunken temple
    - Zul'aman
    - Zul'drak
    - Zul'gurub and zul'aman again
    - Isle of thunder
    - Kun lai
    Were all merely a setbacks !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair she seems pretty reasonable in legion. She is more of "non-nonsence" person rather the "horde is evil". Or is it that she is undead ?

And again who will replace her ? Another orc since we burned orc fatigue already ? "Hai guys its yo boi Gerrush and i will totally not commit genocide".
    Well Thrall is free again now that the elements are ignoring him

Vol'jin has been to invisible but I think he would have been the right choice if Blizzard had gone back to the Cold War status of Vanilla/TBC.

Sylvanas got some nice screen-time in the cinematic but I fear that her becoming Warchief will make her a less interesting/controversial character and looking at Thrall, Garrosh and Vol'jin it doesn't seem like Sylvanas has a bright future ahead of her.

Sylvanas is an excellent choice for Horde commander in Legion since she will sacrifice anyone (except probably herself) and everything to see the Legion destroyed but like Garrosh she's unfit to rule the Horde as Warchief. I just can't imagine her caring for the other Horde races except maybe the Blood Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Well Thrall is free again now that the elements are ignoring him

Vol'jin has been to invisible but I think he would have been the right choice if Blizzard had gone back to the Cold War status of Vanilla/TBC.

Sylvanas got some nice screen-time in the cinematic but I fear that her becoming Warchief will make her a less interesting/controversial character and looking at Thrall, Garrosh and Vol'jin it doesn't seem like Sylvanas has a bright future ahead of her.

Sylvanas is an excellent choice for Horde commander in Legion since she will sacrifice anyone (except probably herself) and everything to see the Legion destroyed but like Garrosh she's unfit to rule the Horde as Warchief. I just can't imagine her caring for the other Horde races except maybe the Blood Elves.
    In her current form? She doesn't even care about the Forsaken; to her they are mere fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    In her current form? She doesn't even care about the Forsaken; to her they are mere fodder.
    Wasn't the "arrows in my quivver" stance slightly changed after the Edge of Night short story ? I thought she accepted the val'kyrs proposal in part because of what would happen to the Forsaken without her.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    That changed at the end of her story, and we see it in cata as well. How much does she care is the question, asked by her legion bio
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Wasn't the "arrows in my quivver" stance slightly changed after the Edge of Night short story ? I thought she accepted the val'kyrs proposal in part because of what would happen to the Forsaken without her.
    Take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, but it always looked to me that ever since the short story, she changed into what I described in the sense of she wanting to ensure the Forsaken's well being is that because they are the tools for her own agenda.

Now how did I get this impression, to be honest I don't remember.

Take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, but it always looked to me that ever since the short story, she changed into what I described in the sense of she wanting to ensure the Forsaken's well being is that because they are the tools for her own agenda.

Now how did I get this impression, to be honest I don't remember.
    It went from 'arrows in her quiver' as in tools for her vengeance against Arthas, to a 'bulwark against the infinite' or something along those lines. I interpreted it as using them as a shield of sorts to ensure she never does and goes back to WoW Hell. But I could be wrong.

Doesn't want to die
    Always on the front line.

Sylvanas is confusing
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Doesn't want to die

Sylvanas is confusing
    Its called having both spine and plot induced armor. Still makes you look badass, unlike just hiding behind your troops and thrall.

Doesn't want to die

Sylvanas is confusing
    Well after Andorhol I don't blame her for not trusting her minions to handle things on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well after Andorhol I don't blame her for not trusting her minions to handle things on their own.
    "but..but..my boyfriend !!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Death to koltira
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Death to koltira
    He's already (un)dead isn't he ? Not sure you can get more (un)dead-er