Just got back from seeing it in IMAX 3D and I LOVED IT. I Thought it was all very well done, the orcs were amazing - but dat Blackhand he's one ugly S.O.B. You cant expect the Lord of the Rings here guys, the lore was tweaked a bit but nothing to make a fuss over. Its an adaptation of a video game, and the best one I've ever seen. I don't know what all the hate and bad critiques are coming from. Just sit back and enjoy the movie like its supposed to be seen instead of ripping every little detail apart "like omg that's not canon!" or nitpicking tiny effect details. Having read this forum from all the usual negativity I went in expecting to be disappointed but wasn't, and I'm glad I went. I will recommend it to my friends and I hope they do make sequels.

15+ Year Old Account
    @soulzek
    - Half of what you say hints that you didn't pay much attention the movie. At least you enjoyed it.
    - A movie doesn't have to spoonfeed you every information. It's good to leave stuff to your imagination - stuff that may be explained in a future movie.
    The movie made sense as is.
    - There's too much lore, so it's natural that they compressed it. The key elements of the story are there.
    - You say all characters are the same, yet it was exactly the opposite - at least for Garona.
    - Everything Garona said to Gul'dan made sense. She used his fears against him - he wants his horde to follow him.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I liked it overall but I had a few dislikes as well. I disliked that Dalaran was floating already, there was no back story to why Guldan has fel magic, and there was no build up on who Mediv is. And what was up with the Asian high elf? I liked almost all the rest. Who was the arrogant human in the kings council that said the anvils of Ironforge will have to work overtime? Was that lord Prestor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Right now its getting spanked by the Conjuring 2 by almost double and struggling to hold on the 2nd place by 1mil. Its pretty much t the point where in the US most who wanted to see it saw it and it wont have much steam going into the next few weeks.
    Wow you can see the future! AWESOME!!!!

Also how does anything I said indicate I think its doing great in the US? It's a middling opening and we'll know more once we see the week 2 decline. 50% declines aren't atypical so while I think this could do 60-80m here eventually it's not going to do $150m or so unless it runs for a LONG time.

The real story here is the international, esp Chinese, performance. $286m is $286m no matter where it comes from.

Was pretty damn good. I really lowered my expectations for it but I ended up loving every moment. Even the cheesy ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I just saw it....and loved it! I agree if you've never played the game, don't know any lore, you are going to be confused for a bit as they threw you right into it without any backstory. But it's pretty easy to understand. Thought the CG was great....haters gonna hate. Was just one part where it slowed a bit, at least to me, other than that it was go, go, go...which I would much rather see than long drawn out bs. My fav character has to be Kahdgar...guess he just had the right facial expressions to go with what was going on. favorite scene? The very last one, that was totally awesome

I expected nothing and got just about that. Happy I didn't pay to see it.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft

Way higher user rating than i expected. The movie deserves it. Amazing movie!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

I'm hoping for a director's cut. I know everyone hates all the trilogies nowadays but with how expansive Warcraft lore is, Warcraft I and 2 could each be 2 movies. Warcraft III and tFT would be impossible to tell in a single movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    -Garona claims that killing the queen would give her "great honor", but the queen walks right into her cell and she does nothing. Why all the empty promises, especially from one of the proudest orcs?
    She's just having fun. It's not like she's tired of living at this point.
    -Why did the orcs have [Garona]?
    As a translator, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Way higher user rating than i expected.
    User ratings were padded by fanboys giving 10's. Now they are declining to their proper values, both on IMDB and metacritic.

I am reading so many negative opinions about something that should just be a fun time with popcorn. It's a movie and you're suposed to sit on your ass with a coke and a smile instead of sitting there like you're earning money for nitpicking.

I don't understand the hate, the movie was good entertainment, it wasn't an Oscar winning film but nobody went into it expecting this... did they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant-Scorn View Post
    It's a movie and you're suposed to sit on your ass with a coke and a smile
    Seeing movies with cringeworthy dialog, wooden acting, logic gaps and bad choreography makes me frown, not smile. If there were more than 4 jokes and less pathos... but there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Ok, I do agree that everyone has right to their own opinion but you made me almost choke on my food. Can "immersion" stop being this magical word that explains everything people don't like? I mean... stop, just stop... please
    Listen princess, it's immersion breaking because he was such a terrible cast choice. He in no way looks the part of a King, instead morelike a dweeb wearing a silly Halloween costume.

I understand we're in the presence of fanboys here who thought the film was the bees knees, but lets at least pretend our eyes are open to some of the obvious problems the film had.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-06-13 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Seeing movies with cringeworthy dialog, wooden acting, logic gaps and bad choreography makes me frown, not smile. If there were more than 4 jokes and less pathos... but there isn't.
    Did we watch the same movie? You provably went in to see magic mike 5, mate.

Does Anyone knows why the movie will be released the 30th of june here in Latin America? god I can't wait to see the movie, here in LA the popularity of WarCraft is insane and people are waiting for the movie so bad, it seems the movie is bombing just in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    I watched it yesterday and I really liked it a lot!

The places I have visited, the important chars of warcraft univesre, the eastereggs, the fights, everything was epic!

I really didn't care that a few parts were different from the lore, as long as they somehow include the missed parts in the next move, eg. Gul'dan falling to comma, Orgrim becoming the warchief, the sack of SW etc

The movie grossed already ~ 300 million dollars worldwide.

It shows that the US public can be manipulated by just a few weird opinion makers who simply hate a Fantasy movie based on a game.

It is quite interesting to see how a few idiots who give a movie a 0-2 rating (which really is not serious AT ALL) can have such a huge influence on a population.

Welcome to the land of Trump.

----

Nevertheless the money is already in and with a total grossing of over 400 million dollars WITHOUT the upcoming DVD Director's cut which will bring in at least another 150-200 million dollars from the fans, a follow up can be planned.

The Blue_ray/DvD purchase will be a no brainer for me as a testimony for my 8 years I lived in Azeroth.

Something to review and love as a testimony of a great great great game we all played.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The movie grossed already ~ 300 million dollars worldwide.

It shows that the US public can be manipulated by just a few weird opinion makers who simply hate a Fantasy movie based on a game.

It is quite interesting to see how a few idiots who give a movie a 0-2 rating (which really is not serious AT ALL) can have such a huge influence on a population.

Welcome to the land of Trump.

----

Nevertheless the money is already in and with a total grossing of over 400 million dollars WITHOUT the upcoming DVD Director's cut which will bring in at least another 150-200 million dollars from the fans, a follow up can be planned.

The Blue_ray/DvD purchase will be a no brainer for me as a testimony for my 8 years I lived in Azeroth.

Something to review and love as a testimony of a great great great game we all played.

The US market has always been different than international. Maybe they just aren't interested in the movie?

i havent watched yet because all the show times are so late, usually i watch a 9:30 or 10am movie but man anything past that is so late. but this weekend im going to have to change my ways if there isnt any to my liking. i did however read the Warcraft: Durotan book which was really good and hyped me up. first book in over ten years. Lok'tar!