I'm not going to go back and read 188 pages to get caught up. Should I just assume the typical liberals in here are blaming guns and rejecting the idea that radical Muslims are the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Of coarse I do, I have first hand knowledge. I live in the American South.
    Uhm yes, so do they. So they obviously have first-hand knowledge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Without Catholics there wouldn't be a Christian religion. Because they were the first ones, they founded it. They were alone for nearly 1500 years.
    If you don't understand Abrahamic religions, don't talk.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right lol
    wtf are you smoking?
    do just a BIT of research on christian religion. the catholic religion branched off of the christian religion as early as 300-500 ad. Christianity does not hold to "bishops" or "priests" which are commonly and easily referenced in those years.

as for abrahamic religions, im sure you being so enlightened can tell us when the christian religion actually began.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    And keep struggling with simple comprehension skills. It really isn't that hard.
    Oh the irony, please link me another blog post to prove you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Remind me again who gutted funding for mental health services and shuttered many of the clinics in the US.

Go on. I'll wait.
    You act like I am a republican. Maybe you should read my post again. This is the kinda shit I was talking about. Ban worthy shit that gets through because it isn't blatant enough flaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Well he WAS right. He said something like this would happen...
    What exactly did he say? That a terrorist attack would occur at some point in the future in the United States fueled by radical Islamic ideology?

That's like saying "at some point in the future, a white male will commit a school shooting," and then patting yourself on the back when it occurs.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Well he WAS right. He said something like this would happen...
    Nope, he was not right..
    He always talked, and still talks about imported threat coming in from the outside.
    The guy here was born in the USA 3 decades ago. Even his father has very little accent left.

The things Trump "warned" about, are things others have long recognized as a threat also over a decade ago. And it materialized on 9/11..

What we have with Orlando is something that cannot be prevented, no matter how you try to prevent it.
    You have to learn to live with that fact. It is the price you have to pay, for the very freedoms we all enjoy, granted by the constitution.
    It's those freedoms that enable the execution of domestic terrorism rather easy.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    You act like I am a republican. Maybe you should read my post again. This is the kinda shit I was talking about. Ban worthy shit that gets through because it isn't blatant enough flaming.
    Honestly while I agree to an extent, I think it's also just the case that topics like this are just inherently un-moderatable.
    When it gains two pages an hour and is in a subforum full of other horrible topics that need checking, how can anyone possibly keep on top of it?

People would rather argue back than hit the report button.

In terms of moderation, topics like these are like the legion gen chat topic but worse. You just kind of have to treat them as semi-lawless zones because there's no chance most of the rule violations will get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    I'm not going to go back and read 188 pages to get caught up. Should I just assume the typical liberals in here are blaming guns and rejecting the idea that radical Muslims are the problem?
    No one is rejecting it from what I am reading. If they are I tune them out.

It is odd that a guy with a criminal record, and investigated multiple times by the FBI for terrorism was able to get a weapon fairly easily. Although he was a security guard... what was the timeline of this again? Was he a security guard first? If they hired a suspected terrorist as a security guard... WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Uhm yes, so do they. So they obviously have first-hand knowledge as well.
    You do realize the largest city in the South had a homosexual mayor that was term limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to go back and read 188 pages to get caught up.
    As if the god, guns gays n' gynecology platform of the Republican party and Trumps inbred hostility were helping the situation in this country.

That's rich.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Guns are the problem, if it wasn't for them he would have just used his suicide vest, then there would be no deaths

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both? Radical ideology mixed with a country that has hundreds of millions of easily accessibly firearms. Seems like a bad combination.
    Eat yo vegetables

Anyone point out the shooter's connections to the '93 WTC bombing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    What exactly did he say? That a terrorist attack would occur at some point in the future in the United States fueled by radical Islamic ideology?

That's like saying "at some point in the future, a white male will commit a school shooting," and then patting yourself on the back when it occurs.
    The guy was already a US citizen (born here) and was already in a database (the FBI) so yeah.....

Trumps plans are kinda irrelevant here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Stop discussing religion, not only is it a forbidden topic, it's off topic, and most of you are clearly ignorant on the subject.
    It is very hard however not to mention religion when the shooting has been claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    ...as a result of refugee migrants, which had fuck all to do with this attack.
    Sure it did. Omar's parents were allowed to come to the US and establish their family (even with his father being a vocal anti US, Taliban sympathizer). Had they been left in Afghanistan Omar wouldnt be here. Weve been allowing unsavory immigrants into our country for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    "Infallible" does not mean "written by man." It means unerring and perfect, which would mean it would need a perfect source.
    Infaillible is not the same as direct.
    The bible was written by men, it's a core belief. The people who chose to believe all of it just state it as "infaillible".
    "Direct word of god" would mean that god itself created the book, and that does not exist in christianity, but it exist in Islam (The quran)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    He always talked, and still talks about imported threat coming in from the outside.
    The guy here was born in the USA 3 decades ago. Even his father has very little accent left.
    Sure, and as we all know, the first rule is that when you're in a hole, just keep digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    The point that I made was the fact that Christians have killed more people than any other religion. I posted a link that showed the numbers of people that christians killed in wars through the ages. Not hard for the average person to understand. I get that you are obviously a die hard Jesus fan, but really this amount of ignorance you are spewing is just comical at this point.
    What metric are you using? The Crusades were a defensive action.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...homas-f-madden

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...hor&tid=901578

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...hor&tid=901578

Also, institutionalized Atheism has killed more people... be it Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, and others.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle