Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This game has so many aspects to it I find people with new pations everyday.
    I never thought someone could actually be mad at a transmog change.

I can see why he is mad though. I guess they should let you transmog your weapons to anything you can wield.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Really? That's incredibly strange for them to do so

- - - Updated - - -

yes, people care about transmog. I don't want to stare at a toon that looks like a hobo for 4 hours a night in raids
    You are being restricted by the transmog restrictions on the weapon, as much as you are now.
    Any weapon you equip now is subject to exactly those same rules now, in that any specific type of weapon now can be transmogged to only a small subset.

This is a gameplay issue, and nothing else.
    It is the weapon type being chosen for you, and that as a consequence will limit transmog choices as much as going for the BiS stave vs a 1h/oh would have done.

Anyone asking for that to change IS wanting a change to the transmog rules despite claims otherwise, as it is the tranmsog rules which limit which subset of the weapon appearances you can apply to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are being restricted by the transmog restrictions on the weapon, as much as you are now.
    Any weapon you equip now is subject to exactly those same rules now, in that any specific type of weapon now can be transmogged to only a small subset.

This is a gameplay issue, and nothing else.
    It is the weapon type being chosen for you, and that as a consequence will limit transmog choices as much as going for the BiS stave vs a 1h/oh would have done.

Anyone asking for that to change IS wanting a change to the transmog rules despite claims otherwise, as it is the tranmsog rules which limit which subset of the weapon appearances you can apply to that.
    Ya i see where you're coming from. It shouldn't be that difficult to transmog into what you want to use
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Well you know what, buddy? They made Survival Hunters use a spear instead of a gun now, and a whole fucking huge fraction of the playerbase's vocal minority (see: the people you are rallying with on the forums, which I'm sure you know represent exactly that, a minority) went ballistic over it.

Take a look at the expansion releasing in a couple months; survival hunters still use spears, and that's a whole hell of a bigger issue than fury warriors swapping weapon sizes, which is really all it boils down to now anyway.

They took out DW Unholy back in Wrath too, and 2H Frost is dead in Legion - people complained, lots - do you see any 2H Frost or DW Unholy? Nope.
    I think there is a bit of a difference here, though. Survival Hunters using spears doesn't change Marksman and Beastmaster using bows/guns/crossbows they've collected over the years. Death Knights were changed to make it easier for Blizzard to balance the specs, so it wasn't a cosmetic decision.

Fury's artifacts doesn't have any impact on the gameplay, it's purely cosmetic. As you said, it's just the weapons' size. So why not make one of those cosmetic options a set of 1-handed weapons? It's not a big issue, so it wouldn't require a huge amount of work. They wouldn't even have to change the artifact's appearance, just label one of the artifact skin as 1-handed, and that way players can transmogrify their Fury weapons into anything they'd like by switching skins. It would be quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    They haven't answered the outrage of players who don't want to be forced into a specific weapon type. There are a huge amount of threads on the forums all with 100+ upvotes that go ignored by blizzard.
    Its blizzard, so the best you can expect is not another nerf.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, maybe you guys get hit with something even more inane in the vein of what they did to the talents very close to launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played a shadowpriest since vanilla as my main, got Benediction/Anathema during vanilla and have proudly transmogged to it every chance I get since then.
    With the artifact weapons pigeon holing me into a dagger that cannot be transmogged into my beloved staff I decided to shelf my 11 year old character. It just doesn't feel like my priest if it doesn't wield Anathema. Yes, my character's appearance is that important to me.
    Want to add artifact wepaons? Fine, but allow us to transmog across weapon types. I have so many staves saved that I will not be able to use.

How does less options = more fun?

It doesn't.

If the type of weapon you're using in world of warcraft is high enough on your list of problems that you feel the need to express "outrage" you've got it pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this shit for real? Do all current streamers honestly not give a shit about classes being forced out of their identity?

I cannot believe this wasn't mentioned, holy shit
    Welcome to the world, which many specs are already living Assa rogues are doing fine, and so is monks. Get over your own fantasy and get used to, that we all live inside the blizz devs fantasy, and that it has always been like that. Having to choose between weapen types have really been a luxury
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyrooo28 View Post
    Transmog is not a core game feature it's a side thing. Stop crying because you can't play barbie doll dress up jfc. Even in live, let's say a staff is BiS stats for you but you prefer a dagger and off-hand, well you need to get the staff as it is better for you. End of.
    You're right. Can we complain that an MMORPG only allows for ONE SINGLE WEAPON for an entire expansion? That's the game. That's it. That's what we play. You get ONE weapon. No choice. None. Not a single choice. Your character might as well not be able to equip more than one weapon type. GG.

If I wanted to play action figures I'd play HOTS. This is supposed to be an mmorpg.

How a multitude of classes are locked into a "Go fuck yourself" state with weapon types despite their own desire and preference to weapon style.
    I almost abandoned my fDK when I found out they were being forced into 1h arty weap in legion, but then I found sweet 1h tranny, so I'm GTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esandarius View Post
    You're right. Can we complain that an MMORPG only allows for ONE SINGLE WEAPON for an entire expansion? That's the game. That's it. That's what we play. You get ONE weapon. No choice. None. Not a single choice. Your character might as well not be able to equip more than one weapon type. GG.

If I wanted to play action figures I'd play HOTS. This is supposed to be an mmorpg.
    I'd argue that building up and maintaining one of the greatest weapons ever (lore) is more immersive than trading out 10 weapons over the course of launch and 2 raid tiers trying to find BiS, but I'm logical not everyone can be.

Deleted
    Let me clarify something in bold. Blizzard did a very bad job saying it clearly but they did say it between the fluff. It's an animation issue.

Take the simple example of having an ability called "Stub with a Dagger". Why the hell would that work with a hammer?

This is not a matter of will or design or even opinion. It's an objective technical issue that can not be fixed elegantly.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let me clarify something in bold. Blizzard did a very bad job saying it clearly but they did say it between the fluff. It's an animation issue.

Take the simple example of having an ability called "Stub with a Dagger". Why the hell would that work with a hammer?

This is not a matter of will or design or even opinion. It's an objective technical issue that can not be fixed elegantly.
    Daggers and fist weapons make sense sure. But two handed and one handed weapons SPECIFICALLY on a fury warrior have the same animations because they swing them like 1 handers.

They could make an exception for fury warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Daggers and fist weapons make sense sure. But two handed and one handed weapons SPECIFICALLY on a fury warrior have the same animations because they swing them like 1 handers.

Yes, but, it might had been considered by players of others classes to be a double standard even if it technically makes sense, because it would give more options to someone while others would have no options of that kind at all.

My thread with 120+ upvotes on general discussion would beg otherwise and that was just for Fury Warriors and 1handers.

How a multitude of classes are locked into a "Go fuck yourself" state with weapon types despite their own desire and preference to weapon style.
    I am pretty salty about not being able to select the bow for my BM Hunter. I guess I get to unlock a bow skin for the peashooter fairly early... but I haven't seen it... and the ones for MM are sweet azz hell! Total lazy ass move to design peeps into a corner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

I thought so too, but then I remembered that TG puts your weapons on your back, while SMF have them at the hips. This would have to change the animation of the character depening on transmog, which is the reason why you cant transmog knives to swords etc.

I for one never liked that transmog system and would actually prefer if it was removed. We won't see transmogging removed ofc but the state of artifact transmogging is something that I like.

One thing that has me worried, not only on this forum but in all kinds of forums (IRL or not), is that the loudest group of people get too much traction/notice, even if they are a vast minority. And the loud people are almost always the ones complaining.

Why would blizzard care about a post with 100+ upvotes? The player base consists of millions of people. Thankfully blizz won't care (I hope) about a post complaining with a few hundred upvotes about something as subjective as personal preference.

Things will change and it will definitely come a time when you don't agree. Live with it or move on. This has been the way of World of Warcraft since release.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    ....but then I found sweet 1h tranny....
    Love the ways this can be interpreted....

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Love the ways this can be interpreted....
    You know how to get a 1h tranny out from hanging in a tree?

Wave to him/her...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love more than anything to have my 2handed frost dk back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I almost abandoned my fDK when I found out they were being forced into 1h arty weap in legion, but then I found sweet 1h tranny, so I'm GTG.
    You know that fDK gets Frostmourne right?