Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    If they turn Karazhan into Zul'Aman 2.0 i'll fucking riot, stop removing BC content!
    I agree. But not to the point of riot. I would just greatly perfer that they went in the direction of Kara having a new wing opened up (separate instance) that is a 5/10 man and is of the current level. I wouldn't be totally against it if within that wing you saw or could relate to things you saw in the older raid, but not a complete remodel and replace of what is pretty much a classic.

You missed Argus and Tomb of Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You missed Argus and Tomb of Sargeras.
    I'm sure Argus will be an expansion on its own, but the Tomb of Sargeras will certainly appear - I'd imagine it'll be the last raid of the expansion, and will form part of the final tier where we hold back the Legion's final assault... Or do we?!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The dates seem reasonable. But not the content. Azshara in a raid? In a Legion expansion?

What, are we just not allowed to ever get that Naga expansion that's been teased since Cata?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Frankly if there wasn't going to be a big Naga raid they wouldn't have as large of a presence that they do on the Broken Isles. Sure it may be their old home, but they're actively helping the demons. Also Azshara is seen a few times questing. In the first raid we kill the person she trusted most, Xavius, so ya...except the raid and get over the fact that there will never be a expansion focusing on only Azshara.
    Xavius hasn't really worked with Azhara since the War of the Ancients. Xavius was only her vizier when he was still a Night Elf during the first part of the War of the Ancients, as well. After that he worked entirely for Sargeras, since he was killed and reshaped into the first satyr. Then he was turned into a tree, and Azshara seemingly never had contact with him again. They've since done their own work, but they seemingly work for the same people (N'Zoth) until recently, when Xavius pledged himself to Sargeras again.

It should also be pointed out that the Naga had a huge part of Cataclysm, as well. Many of the quests in Darkshore and Desolace were remade to feature the naga, and set up the story for the three zones of Vashj'ir, which was left unanswered. The naga have been a story set up for a long time, and that doesn't mean we'll be killing off one of the most lore-studded enemies in a tier. They're also not helping the demons, since they're trying to get a Pillar of Creation for themselves to do their own nefarious plans. Remember, the Void Lords, Old Gods, and their minions are actually what Sargeras is fighting with the Burning Legion.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But not the content. Azshara in a raid? In a Legion expansion?
    As I was saying earlier, I'm not really saying "Azshara is the raid". I'm more spitballing what the content could be about. Besides, Azshara is listed as one of the characters in Legion, a dungeon is named after her, and there's no reason she couldn't be in a raid but then still get her own expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    As I was saying earlier, I'm not really saying "Azshara is the raid". I'm more spitballing what the content could be about. Besides, Azshara is listed as one of the characters in Legion, a dungeon is named after her, and there's no reason she couldn't be in a raid but then still get her own expansion.
    Azshara is not listed as a main player, a new naga named Athissa is.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It should also be pointed out that the Naga had a huge part of Cataclysm, as well. Many of the quests in Darkshore and Desolace were remade to feature the naga, and set up the story for the three zones of Vashj'ir, which was left unanswered. The naga have been a story set up for a long time, and that doesn't mean we'll be killing off one of the most lore-studded enemies in a tier. They're also not helping the demons, since they're trying to get a Pillar of Creation for themselves to do their own nefarious plans. Remember, the Void Lords, Old Gods, and their minions are actually what Sargeras is fighting with the Burning Legion.
    Cata was supposed to have an entire dedicated storyline to explain more of that, but it got scrapped, not sure if you remember, but there was actually a water raid planned to come out side by side with Firelands that was supposed to show Neptulon and Ozumat, but it got scrapped near the point of completion. I think there's still videos around that show what the raid was going to look like on youtube.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asides from the retarded wait in the first tier, seems good. I just dont get why im being punished and are unable to raid for a month because? let me enjoy the raids while you enjoy the quests. I still dont get the split either. Why make 2 if one is going to be obsolete in the same tier

I wonder if Kara will be the mega dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Cata was supposed to have an entire dedicated storyline to explain more of that, but it got scrapped, not sure if you remember, but there was actually a water raid planned to come out side by side with Firelands that was supposed to show Neptulon and Ozumat, but it got scrapped near the point of completion. I think there's still videos around that show what the raid was going to look like on youtube.
    Oh I remember. But it was, still, not going to be the end of Azshara completely. From what we know, it had another Vashj'ir ancient being (like Nespirah/L'ghorek) and Ozumat, with most likely Neptulon being released from the Naga. They said a few times that Azshara wouldn't even be fought in Cataclysm at all, from early on. It was another stepping stone for the Naga's story in World of Warcraft, much like Blackfathom Deeps, Zangarmarsh/Coilfang Resevoir, and how the story in the Broken Isles will most likely be.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Asides from the retarded wait in the first tier, seems good. I just dont get why im being punished and are unable to raid for a month because? let me enjoy the raids while you enjoy the quests. I still dont get the split either. Why make 2 if one is going to be obsolete in the same tier
    Personally, I still maintain that the real reason for the delay is to hold people up and stop them consuming the content too fast. In Warlords this was a bigger issue, by virtue of the fact that there was a lot less content than I suspect Legion is going to have, but I'm pretty comfortable with gating generally. Personally, I prefer the attunement approach because it allows people things to do and lets them choose how quickly they access something. Attunements do have other issues, of course.

My bigger problem was essentially that Blizzard excused a lack of content by arguing that we all consume it too fast, and they've been doing so since Cataclysm. Mists got a lot of complaints about design, but none about content volume because there was always something meaningful to do (until post-Orgrimmar and 14 months of nothing).

In the end, stretching things out is a reasonable solution to not being able to keep up with content demands. Arguably, gating of some kind is the only way to manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I wonder if Kara will be the mega dungeon.
    That's the assumption I'm going with, but it might not be. Could easily be something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I still maintain that the real reason for the delay is to hold people up and stop them consuming the content too fast. In Warlords this was a bigger issue, by virtue of the fact that there was a lot less content than I suspect Legion is going to have, but I'm pretty comfortable with gating generally. Personally, I prefer the attunement approach because it allows people things to do and lets them choose how quickly they access something. Attunements do have other issues, of course.

My bigger problem was essentially that Blizzard excused a lack of content by arguing that we all consume it too fast, and they've been doing so since Cataclysm. Mists got a lot of complaints about design, but none about content volume because there was always something meaningful to do (until post-Orgrimmar and 14 months of nothing).

In the end, stretching things out is a reasonable solution to not being able to keep up with content demands. Arguably, gating of some kind is the only way to manage it.

That's the assumption I'm going with, but it might not be. Could easily be something else.
    It's their own fault for making it that way. They seriously don't get that only making a handful of zones and making raids too easy is literally the whole reason we're in this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's their own fault for making it that way. They seriously don't get that only making a handful of zones and making raids too easy is literally the whole reason we're in this mess.
    I don't dispute that at all. If you're going to make less content in general, which has been the trend since Wrath, then making it faster and easier to consume is only going to have one outcome; everyone getting bored much, much faster... And unsubscribing.

All the streamlining, queuing and "quality of life" changes are effectively killing the game off. For me, it simply can't be right that you can hit the big ding in an expansion and, about an hour later, be geared to queue for its final raid instance and (queue dependent) be done with the progression aspect just a little later. Removing queues would be a "gate" if you think about it, and a worthwhile means of making the world bigger.

Sadly, the game no longer has a community that would put up with it and Blizzard can't afford to get too liberal with the community its lumbered with. Players are so horribly change-averse that they'll lose their shit over the slightest alteration, while simultaneously complaining that the game has gotten stale. I'd like to sympathise with the designers, until I recall that they're to blame - you get the community you design for, so is it any surprise that a disposable game that's designed to cater to those with no time to invest got a disposable and impatient community?

Maybe, just maybe, Legion is an attempt to sort this out.

Deleted
    “mega-dungeon”
    Blizzard NEVER used that term its a hype made up BULLSHIT term....
    learn to watch vids...

Going almost an entire year without content is unacceptable, as it is unacceptable now and an Azshara raid? Fuck that, Azshara's capable of being her own expansion raid boss or at least appearing in an expansion headed by N'zoth, I'm glad this is just " speculation " because no company is stupid enough to throw one of their few remaining major villains under a bus during a legion expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Blizzard NEVER used that term its a hype made up BULLSHIT term....
    learn to watch vids...
    That's why it's in parentheses.

Learn to appreciate grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Going almost an entire year without content is unacceptable, as it is unacceptable now and an Azshara raid? Fuck that, Azshara's capable of being her own expansion raid boss or at least appearing in an expansion headed by N'zoth, I'm glad this is just " speculation " because no company is stupid enough to throw one of their few remaining major villains under a bus during a legion expansion.
    I agree, an entire expansion could easily be based on Azshara - no doubt. It just seems to me that there is a lot of naga activity in and around the Broken Shore, which implies something to do with Azshara. Fighting and killing her? No, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Oh I remember. But it was, still, not going to be the end of Azshara completely. From what we know, it had another Vashj'ir ancient being (like Nespirah/L'ghorek) and Ozumat, with most likely Neptulon being released from the Naga. They said a few times that Azshara wouldn't even be fought in Cataclysm at all, from early on. It was another stepping stone for the Naga's story in World of Warcraft, much like Blackfathom Deeps, Zangarmarsh/Coilfang Resevoir, and how the story in the Broken Isles will most likely be.
    Oh of course I should have mentioned that along in my post, I knew Azshara wasn't even going to be touched at that point. But I strongly feel this expansion has a good opportunity for us to fight her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It would still be better if those who know that that term was never used, do not use it themselves. Or at least, it'd be responsible.
    Ach, get a life.

"Responsible".

Behave.

We're talking in a thread of almost blind speculation, for crying out loud. Whinging about a word is about as far from a meaningful or responsible response as you can get. It's blind trolling that does absolutely nothing, other than make an attempt to grandstand where no such attempt is warranted.

Ach, get a life.

"Responsible".

Behave.

We're talking in a thread of almost blind speculation, for crying out loud. Whinging about a word is about as far from a meaningful or responsible response as you can get. It's blind trolling that does absolutely nothing, other than make an attempt to grandstand where no such attempt is warranted.
    Problem is, you shared an opinion different from his.

Anyway...

Honestly though, I like the timeline and would be ok with it. I hope it's not too far off. As for the content, based on what I've seen and read I think N'Zoth more likely than seeing KJ again. Other than that, looks solid. Thanks for puttin' in the work to share your thoughts.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.