10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    BTW J.K Rowling never said that Hermione was white or black(and this aren't my words but from a tweet of J.K Rowling) and in the new teatrical scene of H.P. Hermione will be played by a black girl. So chill out man ) if you don't believe me make some research on internet
    Well, she was clearly white in the books. The way Hermione was described gave no indication that she had a darker skin than Ron or Harry, especially when other characters in the books that actually had dark skin were actually described as such. As for the theatrical play having a black person playing Hermione, I do not really care. Still, there was no ambiguity about it in the source material, especially since the character has been portrayed as white in every, single piece of artwork, as well as other official media in regards to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So, people should be aware that, at this point, a 2nd movie is certainly not guaranteed. The movie, from the studio perspective, hasn't even made its money back.

People always seem to forget that the studio only gets about 1/2 of the ticket sales. To break even with the movie budget ($160 million), they need to see ticket sales of about $320 million...to break even, with the budget only. Also, they spend money on advertising (generally this is above and beyond the reported budget) that has to be recovered.

So, to actually break even, the worldwide box office would have to be at least $400 million. Breaking even isn't nearly good enough to green-light a sequel. I would guess that unless the worldwide box office of Warcraft gets well north of $600 million, there is no chance of a sequel...
    im not making any assumptions at all, if it doesnt it doesnt!

This video is a Duncan Jones beatdown of an old and jaded critic. Stick around to the very end to see the level of douchbaggery these critics feel entitled to treat filmmakers with.

I officially am in love with Duncan Jones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronicsauce View Post
    And you're welcome to! I guess I just wanted something different, wasn't for me. :P
    It's just there is some confusion related to "lore", especially when it comes to Orcs and Humans, the most retconned Warcraft lore of them all. The main example is Garona/Medivh relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    and why do people like you jump to any conclusions when the box office end result won't be due for another month? Not final.

People were afraid it won't make 300 or 400 million and was a total flop half a year ago, I can positively say it won't be a financial flop WW at least. Jeez.
    I jump to that conclusion because I can't see it making 500M. Predicting its success or lack there of is half the fun.

I can positively agree with you. It wont be considered a flop but it might not be considered a success either.

I found this to be really entertaining, cast members talk about the most google searched things about Warcraft.

Erm, IMDB is wrong?
    Yes .....................................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post

This video is a Duncan Jones beatdown of an old and jaded critic. Stick around to the very end to see the level of douchbaggery these critics feel entitled to treat filmmakers with.

I officially am in love with Duncan Jones.
    Lies! The critics aren't old and jaded biased farts!... are they?

Seriously, that video is the evidence of how some critics are completely outdated and running on complete sarcasm for survival.

Agree with you,I don't get why people don't like the glowing eyes even in the game they have glowing eyes and it's proof for using magic a strong source of magic equals glowing eyes, why they should look pretty like the elves from LOTR? they're addicted to arcane magic...
    ITs not that they have glowing eyes, its the way they did the CGI for the glowing eyes, looks like someone poked out two holes in a peice of paper and showed a blue pen light through it.

Even if the elves at the meeting where suppose to be highelves, the blizzard art for blood elves, night elves, and high elevs do not look like smooshed piggs in the face

Last edited by mytheiya; 2016-06-13 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Just FYI, the guy who interviewed him isn't a critic. He's a "radio producer". Whatever that may specifically be.

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    I keep catching new and funny details from this movie.

When Orgrim denounces Gul'Dan after the mak'gora you can hear one orc faintly shout "ME NOT THAT KIND OF ORC". As well as a single tear rolling down Hellscream's cheek.
    Grommash Hellscream shed a tear? For Durotan? I must go see this movie again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mytheiya View Post
    ITs not that they have glowing eyes, its the way they did the CGI for the glowing eyes, looks like someone poked out two holes in a peice of paper and showed a blue pen light through it.

Even if the elves at the meeting where suppose to be highelves, the blizzard art for blood elves, night elves, and high elevs do not look like smooshed piggs in the face

Um, that is how High Elf eyes are supposed to look. Granted, the colour should be more Arcane blue than purple, but they are as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I jump to that conclusion because I can't see it making 500M. Predicting its success or lack there of is half the fun.

I can positively agree with you. It wont be considered a flop but it might not be considered a success either.
    Lol that could have been half a year or months ago. Various webpages called it barely breaking even.

Lol I do not know what difference it makes to you if it makes 480 or barely 500 million. I try to be more positive here.

BTW You can thank pages like BO Mojo for the slow update, they are just so much behind China's tracking sites that is just not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I don't really think the interviewer was being a 'douchebag' for the entire interview. He was offering a rather thoughtful interview. Until he actually was a douchebag- very unprofessional. Disgraceful.

I really enjoyed the way Jones handled the interview! Very lucid and humane. This is the second interview I saw with him- first was on Schomes Movie Podcast, he is quite the intelligent director.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronicsauce View Post
    They really do, you're right about that. And yeah I've read Civil War and I knew the film would be nowhere near it. I think my problem is that I'm so invested and that's why it bothers me so much. Nothing against those that like it, just not for me. And as I said, I grow concerned that people that didn't know the origin story before this will take it all as fact. The end of the day it doesn't matter though I guess. I'm just passionate about a dumb video game universe. :P
    I think it will hurt less the second time (sequel)

Ugh can we really not complain about every little thing? So what if their eyes glow 53% more than they should?

Seriously guys...

Remember that they still have to reopen the portal and bring in the rest of the Horde. Sequel will likely include that in the beggining. Guldan gonna steal some artifacts.

I hope they go with Guldan betraying the Horde and going to the tomb of Sargeras over Ogrim killing him.
    That's the main reason the Horde lost the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Um, that is how High Elf eyes are supposed to look. Granted, the colour should be more Arcane blue than purple, but they are as they should be.
    could have toned down the glowing a tad, at least let us see more eye, more pupil

Lol that could have been half a year or months ago. Various webpages called it barely breaking even.
    It could have been sure but in all estimations Warcraft needs a lot more money for a sequel and this movie needs a sequel real bad.

Lol I do not know what difference it makes to you if it makes 480 or barely 500 million. I try to be more positive here.
    It means all the difference for those invested in the movie and I'm not just talking about fans wanting a sequel. Be positive then. Why the "f" would I care or need to know?

BTW You can thank pages like BO Mojo for the slow update, they are just so much behind China's tracking sites that is just not funny.
    Very true but it's still the net resting to see. I also like the article on how focused the were on China and marketing. It's very obvious it was lacking in other parts of the world and now we know why. They hit the fanatics hard and it paid off. Analytics and number crunching at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Ugh can we really not complain about every little thing? So what if their eyes glow 53% more than they should?

Seriously guys...
    Because it's off putting To see.

Kinda like garona a drinking with that pinky sky high. WTF.

Yes a minor complaint but a complaint.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-14 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    could have toned down the glowing a tad, at least let us see more eye, more pupil
    Neither the High Elves or the Night Elves are supposed to have clearly visible pupils. If they are visible at all, they would be only shown just slightly to the point of them being hard to notice.

How did the Jungle Book do domestically?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Neither the High Elves or the Night Elves are supposed to have clearly visible pupils. If they are visible at all, they would be only shown just slightly to the point of them being hard to notice.
    I guess that is more aesthetics as the expression "staying true to the source material" is not warranted given so many changes to the lore

have already taken place in the film.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It could have been sure but in all estimations Warcraft needs a lot more money for a sequel and this movie needs a sequel real bad.

It means all the difference for those invested in the movie and I'm not just talking about fans wanting a sequel. Be positive then. Why the "f" would I care or need to know?

Very true but it's still the net resting to see. I also like the article on how focused the were on China and marketing. It's very obvious it was lacking in other parts of the world and now we know why. They hit the fanatics hard and it paid off. Analytics and number crunching at its best.
    You care enough about my opinion otherwise you won't answer my posts. Alright.