Keyboard recommendation?

I used to have a logitech g110 but got fed up with it because it would randomly lock up (this problem comes and goes as it pleases)
    the keyboard is well passed its warranty as well.

Anywho what mechanical keyboard would you recommend that is within the price range of a $150 usd. I been looking at the CM storm quickfire, but most people tend to recommend the corsair k70/k95. I honestly don't use macro keys and would prefer a smaller keyboard if possible.

How familiar are you with the various switch types? That will color recommendations heavily.

For a small keyboard, consider 10-keyless.

Logitech makes some decent stuff, for small there is this one https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spec...&keywords=G410 or you can look into his bog brother the G910

Well I really am not familiar with switches. I do have another setup for work purposes, so I am assuming I should aim for the cherry mx red or brown.
    I would like to avoid logitech as I haven't been having great luck with any of their products lately, keyboards/headset/etc...

been looking at the Corsair k30 keyboard as well.

You might want to take a trip to a local store that has multiple keyboards and try them out. It can make a lot of difference between loving and hating a mechanical keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkrayd View Post
    Well I really am not familiar with switches. I do have another setup for work purposes, so I am assuming I should aim for the cherry mx red or brown.
    I would like to avoid logitech as I haven't been having great luck with any of their products lately, keyboards/headset/etc...

been looking at the Corsair k30 keyboard as well.
    I have the g910 orion spark, I love it by far the best keyboard I've ever used. But that's just my two cents. The Corsair k30 is a nice keyboard aswell.

Deleted
    I'd reckon brown switches all day long, everything else makes too much noise. Even brown's are not quiet. As for the logitech i got the G710+ for almost 2 years, no problems even took a beating once. Just have a look before you decide that the one you buy has a wrist rest. Most mech keyboards don't have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corsairs K70 and K95 didn't make me happy. I had both of them replaced in RMA. However, now they seem to have changed the switches to "other" ones.
    The keyboard looks really nice with that brushed aluminium surface, but the two I used had keychatter and were no good.

Now I use the Logitech G910 wich looks pretty standard, has relatively quiet keys (Omron - not Cherry's MX) which feel precise - both for gaming as well as for office work. The different shaped keys make it easy to put your fingers "blindly" on the right spot. Also, there are manymanymany predefinded illumination proflies for many games which can be edited.

I know this may be a stupid question but what do you guys mean by "switches"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanical Keyboards use switches instead of capacitive or resistive foils under the keycaps. And yes, they are switches with real metal contacts inside, just like the light switch on the wall, just smaller. Much smaller. And more precise

ended up going for the k30, even though its not a mechanical keyboard it does what i wanted to do for a cheaper price and is a fair amount smaller than the g110. Another reason is its a whole lot easier to keep clean.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love my corsair strafe. Looks good and feels good! And is super silent. But it's missing a volume slider and macro buttons, which would make it perfect.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!