Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's not bashing sorry. Leaving was dumb, but the questions were reasonable and he was still relatively fine other than leaving. It's bashing because you're trying to be a white knight for anything Blizzard even if it's awful.
    Did you listen to the whole thing? Every question was loaded with "how could this have been a not failure" and "this movie is a failure, why do you think that is so Duncan?". It's ok for the critic to have an opinion, but... opinions are not fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not bashing sorry. Leaving was dumb, but the questions were reasonable and he was still relatively fine other than leaving. It's bashing because you're trying to be a white knight for anything Blizzard even if it's awful.
    the bashing was him complaining he dident know where the stuff was in the movie, and when duncan asked how lord of the rings viewers would know where it was, the critic said they would read the book and have maps.... >_> like warcraft players couldent do the same

it was odvious this guy was just trying to start shit, by asking stupid 1 sided questions

he litterally says "you wrote a good script, but you fucking suck as a director" and its like what the fuck kinda question is this!?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Klixix View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree, the movie has several issues and Duncan just danced around the questions, "It's not what I wanted to do" is not an answer to "These points are weak in the movie". There's nothing establishing the orc race, there's stuff establishing Durotan and Doomhammer, but not their people. The acting on the human side is weak, the CGI is still in the uncanny valley stage (the scene with baby Thrall stood out). and the "That's just not what warcraft is" comment is entirely misplaced and can only be accepted if you choose to disregarded WC1 and 2. And let's not get started on all the cut script that would have really lifted the movie, such as Gul'dan's speech being cut short. In general the movie lacked a lot of establishin shot. All in all the movie comes off as a big "Eh, i just spend some time on it. I guess". It's the continuing trend of video game movies being "Meh".

There was no reason to continue the interview 'cause Duncan was just gonna dodge the questions instead of answering them, if it had been me I would have walked out too, it was entirely a waste of time. If anything this indicated that Mr Jones is either extremely insecure regarding the movie or is terrible at taking criticism.
    I think it's more to do with not wanting to burn bridges. A lot of the cut scenes you're referring to were put in the film by Jones, only to be edited out by the studio in post-production. I'm sure he has a problem with those scenes not being in the film otherwise he wouldn't have written and directed them, but he doesn't want to appear to be passing off blame (like that guy who directed Fant4stic blaming the studio for ruining his movie). The fact that it may actually be the studio's fault is irrelevant since he clearly isn't willing to hang the film's failures on them.
    I seriously doubt he's blind to the fact that the studios cut out 40 minutes of material he wrote and directed.

Quote Originally Posted by Klixix View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree, the movie has several issues and Duncan just danced around the questions, "It's not what I wanted to do" is not an answer to "These points are weak in the movie". There's nothing establishing the orc race, there's stuff establishing Durotan and Doomhammer, but not their people. The acting on the human side is weak, the CGI is still in the uncanny valley stage (the scene with baby Thrall stood out). and the "That's just not what warcraft is" comment is entirely misplaced and can only be accepted if you choose to disregarded WC1 and 2. And let's not get started on all the cut script that would have really lifted the movie, such as Gul'dan's speech being cut short. In general the movie lacked a lot of establishin shot. All in all the movie comes off as a big "Eh, i just spend some time on it. I guess". It's the continuing trend of video game movies being "Meh".

There was no reason to continue the interview 'cause Duncan was just gonna dodge the questions instead of answering them, if it had been me I would have walked out too, it was entirely a waste of time. If anything this indicated that Mr Jones is either extremely insecure regarding the movie or is terrible at taking criticism.
    So now not hearing what you expect, or want to to hear as an anwser is considered dodging? Interesting..
    I didnt see any dodging by Dunca's part, he answered what what asked, and the interviewed chocked on his own words more than once with the answer. Like the whole map bullshit that got thrown back at him.

Damn. That dude is seriously bad at his job, and just not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Did you listen to the whole thing? Every question was loaded with "how could this have been a not failure" and "this movie is a failure, why do you think that is so Duncan?". It's ok for the critic to have an opinion, but... opinions are not fact.
    lol typical kids these days. First of all that is not what the questions were. He asked legitimate questions about his concerns and things he didn't feel were right. Claimed every question said the movie was a failure is an outright lie. His last question was literally "What are you happiest about with this movie?" so please just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the bashing was him complaining he dident know where the stuff was in the movie, and when duncan asked how lord of the rings viewers would know where it was, the critic said they would read the book and have maps.... >_> like warcraft players couldent do the same

it was odvious this guy was just trying to start shit, by asking stupid 1 sided questions

he litterally says "you wrote a good script, but you fucking suck as a director" and its like what the fuck kinda question is this!?
    The definition of the word literally seems to escape you. He said "were you the right man to write the script, but the wrong man to make the film" to which he simply replied that the script was already there so all that was left was to direct unless he went from scratch. That isn't even remotely bashing. Sorry try again. Also DIDN'T not DIDENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    i dont see the part where he bashes Duncan ? but ya the moment he stood up and was like kkthxbye was rude :>
    The example of the book for instance, where the movie was not trying to be some concise history of azeroth, given how it is described very clearly in the title as "the beginning", the start of this particular story.
    Plus the geography or layout criticism, which is really something you could lay at any film not providing you with a printed map along with your cinema ticket.
    But there is a reason why that isn't a normal criticism, because it wasn't valid.

He was a wannabe acting like a critic, and failing.

The definition of the word literally seems to escape you. He said "were you the right man to write the script, but the wrong man to make the film" to which he simply replied that the script was already there so all that was left was to direct unless he went from scratch. That isn't even remotely bashing. Sorry try again. Also DIDN'T not DIDENT.
    Which actually meant "stick to script writing, not directing" which after the rest of the answers he received was just petty.
    It was something he always intended to say at the end, suggesting that Duncan was simply not fit to be directing it.
    An attack like that pre-determined isn't anything other than bashing him.
    And it blew up in his face, given how he was shown to not even have his facts right.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-14 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol typical kids these days. First of all that is not what the questions were. He asked legitimate questions about his concerns and things he didn't feel were right. Claimed every question said the movie was a failure is an outright lie. His last question was literally "What are you happiest about with this movie?" so please just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

<_<... your trying to correct my grammer, but cant see how this critic is trying to bash on duncan? ok since what he doing isent "bashing"

were you the right man to write this comment? but the wrong kid to have a teacher pass in first grade?

the guy is sitting there basicly going "your movie is shit, you are shit, admit it or get mad" and your like "i dont see the problem, these pointless loaded questions are perfectly good and fine"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garthul View Post
    I think it's more to do with not wanting to burn bridges. A lot of the cut scenes you're referring to were put in the film by Jones, only to be edited out by the studio in post-production. I'm sure he has a problem with those scenes not being in the film otherwise he wouldn't have written and directed them, but he doesn't want to appear to be passing off blame (like that guy who directed Fant4stic blaming the studio for ruining his movie). The fact that it may actually be the studio's fault is irrelevant since he clearly isn't willing to hang the film's failures on them.
    I seriously doubt he's blind to the fact that the studios cut out 40 minutes of material he wrote and directed.
    and im hoping we get a directors cut with the dvd... cause god, it could be so much better if we got another 40 minutes to ease up that first half hour of rush and give us abit more devolpment!

<_<... your trying to correct my grammer, but cant see how this critic is trying to bash on duncan? ok since what he doing isent "bashing"

were you the right man to write this comment? but the wrong kid to have a teacher pass in first grade?

the guy is sitting there basicly going "your movie is shit, you are shit, admit it or get mad" and your like "i dont see the problem, these pointless loaded questions are perfectly good and fine"

- - - Updated - - -

and im hoping we get a directors cut with the dvd... cause god, it could be so much better if we got another 40 minutes to ease up that first half hour of rush and give us abit more devolpment!
    Yupp just because as I can see you clearly don't know what bashing is. Apparently telling someone they did something wrong is bashing. You LITERALLY proved my point.

Also it's not grammer nor am I bashing grammar. I'm telling you the proper way to spell something. Grammar is word usage and conjugation.

There was no bashing from the interviewer. You're just incredibly jaded and think any valid question or criticism is bashing.

Move along.

I think some of you guys are reading into it a bit much. At the end, it looks like someone told him time was up or something. It was an abrupt end, though if you edited out Duncan shocked response, I don't think you would consider it just walking out. Listen and he thanks him for his time a 2nd time.

I agree the interviewer did get have a bit of a double standard with the LOTR book maps and then complaining WoW didn't. Overall, I thought it was an OK interview. He asked some toughish questions and Duncan got to give his answers. I think you could even say he gave him gave him set up questions so Duncan could explain away what others have crictizied about the film.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yupp just because as I can see you clearly don't know what bashing is. Apparently telling someone they did something wrong is bashing. You LITERALLY proved my point.

Also it's not grammer nor am I bashing grammar. I'm telling you the proper way to spell something. Grammar is word usage and conjugation.

There was no bashing from the interviewer. You're just incredibly jaded and think any valid question or criticism is bashing.

Move along.
    the critic tried to complain the movie did not give him a map to show him where everything happened and where everything was and exactly what area all the stuff happened in...

here you go popcorn, drink, and a complete novel, hope you can read quick!

the thing is his choice of questions are there to purposly try to piss of duncan

he asks " i dont know where all these places are, thats a bad thing, this is a bad movie"

then says " i knew lord of the rings places because i read the book"

if you dont see the issue... i dont even know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think some of you guys are reading into it a bit much. At the end, it looks like someone told him time was up or something. It was an abrupt end, though if you edited out Duncan shocked response, I don't think you would consider it just walking out. Listen and he thanks him for his time a 2nd time.

I agree the interviewer did get have a bit of a double standard with the LOTR book maps and then complaining WoW didn't. Overall, I thought it was an OK interview. He asked some toughish questions and Duncan got to give his answers. I think you could even say he gave him gave him set up questions so Duncan could explain away what others have crictizied about the film.
    well even how duncan talks it seems super suprising, and the guy just gets up, no "ok well thanks for your time duncan jones" and shake hands, he just gets up leaves, saying thank you on his way out

also if he was trying to ask legit questions, he asked them horribly...

"were you the right guy for writing the movie but wrong guy for directing it" what the fuck was that suppose to mean?

All those gotcha questions, this guy could teach political reporters a thing or two.

Glad to see Duncan kept his cool and remained respectful through all that, including the childishly abrupt ending.

Move along.
    You keep telling youself that, it wont change the fact that MOST people regardless of being a "fanboy" or not actualy saw how much of a clueless dickhead that interviewer was. On youtube you can see people that didnt EVEN SEE THE MOVIE YET noticing and commenting about how retarded that interview was.

Move along.
    Every question was loaded, all of them picking fault.
    All of them of the form "You did this wrong, why".
    You move along instead, taking your own advice.
    You are showing just as much bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

How did this guy even score an interview lol?

You're not scoring yourself a lot of points here.

On topic, say what you will about the movie, but Duncan Jones has been consistently enthusiastic of it and patient with negative criticism. He seems like a pretty cool guy all together.

also if he was trying to ask legit questions, he asked them horribly...

"were you the right guy for writing the movie but wrong guy for directing it" what the fuck was that suppose to mean?
    Looking at what little I have on the guy, it doesn't seem like he's a professional critic and more of a game journalist\pod caster type for the BBC. So badly worded questions seems in the realm of possibility.

I still think he did Duncan a favor, whether on purpose or in spite, he asked the tough(ish) questions and allowed Duncan to give his answers. He at least didn't interrupt him and call his answer garbage.

You can listen to his podcast where he plays the interview and then offers more thoughts afterwards. We do agree that warcraft would have been better as a mini series like Game of Thrones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xjgmk (around the 6:28 mark)
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-14 at 04:07 AM.

Adam Rosser of BBC Radio 5 fyi.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the movie. Too often critics are seriously biased towards only Oscar-type films and love stories, and any films outside that genre such as comedy or fantasy get bashed. They forget that not every movie is trying to make a massive social or philosophical statement. You can easily go back and find lots of low ratings and critics bashing fantasy, science-fiction, and comedy movies at release that ended up being classics.

Metzen's hands all over it was a big part of it. I can't stand that man.
    Sounds like a bit of a personal bias stretch there, but ok.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8