Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Priests Can Only Move So Fast Through Dungeons...

Just a friendly reminder to DH tanks...

In the off chance every DH tank you ever group up with doesn't read this maybe you should just tell them ingame.

Out of the two classes the holy priest should be faster.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Out of the two classes the holy priest should be faster.
    Yes but no match for rush and double-jumping, etc...

Deleted
    Grip them back
    Angelic feathers (if they still exist)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    In the off chance every DH tank you ever group up with doesn't read this maybe you should just tell them ingame.
    That's called letting them die. they will either get the hint or start to like it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    That's called letting them die. they will either get the hint or start to like it.
    exactly. If they continuously move beyond your range, let them die. Only way they will learn. Any tank worth his weight knows not to just blindly run ahead unless you can sustain yourself for a period of time
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    If they continuously move beyond your range, let them die.
    If you had a choice to not let them die you would be in range hence you would do it on purpose. Letting them die on purpose can lead to a kick, especially if you are in a group that has a guild. So, manage your karma appropriately.

I figured for easy content it's not worth taking it seriously. Just keep going with the flow and if they die they die. If they don't, fine.

It's only worth it when in a guild group or/and on hard mode content to actually take these things too seriously.

Between the movement speed differential, lower tank self-sustain and mana supposedly mattering I am looking forward to awful tanks crying about healers when they kill themselves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If you had a choice to not let them die you would be in range hence you would do it on purpose. Letting them die on purpose can lead to a kick, especially if you are in a group that has a guild. So, manage your karma appropriately.

I figured for easy content it's not worth taking it seriously. Just keep going with the flow and if they die they die. If they don't, fine.

It's only worth it when in a guild group or/and on hard mode content to actually take these things too seriously.
    Most groups will kick the moron tank before the jerk healer

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    Between the movement speed differential, lower tank self-sustain and mana supposedly mattering I am looking forward to awful tanks crying about healers when they kill themselves.
    Lets be entirely honest; They say they're nerfing tanks "self sustain" and "healer mana is going to matter" every single expansion at this point. It works out for one tier, and after that, things just get out of control. I have little faith that their new systems change anything, when they failed to do so the past three expansions. This is the closest they've gotten because they nerfed heals to be like 25% as powerful, while letting healthpools stay the exact same number as previously, and it still wasn't enough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Lets be entirely honest; They say they're nerfing tanks "self sustain" and "healer mana is going to matter" every single expansion at this point. It works out for one tier, and after that, things just get out of control. I have little faith that their new systems change anything, when they failed to do so the past three expansions. This is the closest they've gotten because they nerfed heals to be like 25% as powerful, while letting healthpools stay the exact same number as previously, and it still wasn't enough.
    From what i've seen in heroic dungeons and lower, the mobs can't even kill a blood dk.

Most groups will kick the moron tank before the jerk healer
    I dunno, tanks tend to be harder to come by than healers. Its been a bit since I last ran a dungeon, but the last time the tank got kicked we ended up waiting around 10 mins to get a replacement. At which point, kicking the "slow" tank was a mistake.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I dunno, tanks tend to be harder to come by than healers. Its been a bit since I last ran a dungeon, but the last time the tank got kicked we ended up waiting around 10 mins to get a replacement. At which point, kicking the "slow" tank was a mistake.
    If you have any plate melee in your group, you can slow pull mobs by using CC. People will simply have to play better without a tank until it arrives. Every class has some form of CC, and there's no mobs besides bosses that can't be killed without one

If you have any plate melee in your group, you can slow pull mobs by using CC. People will simply have to play better without a tank until it arrives. Every class has some form of CC, and there's no mobs besides bosses that can't be killed without one
    I giggled because you said people will have to play better and use CC. I find LFG groups tend to do fine, as long as everyone gets to stay in auto pilot mode, once you bring up that highly taboo, black art of CC, thatis when things start to go sideways. In my last case, they kicked the tank because he was slow and now you're suggesting that same group...take it slow. Now that's worth 2 giggles.

I personally think it's more fun to watch tanks continually run ahead and die and then get all frothy at the healers
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-14 at 03:07 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I giggled because you said people will have to play better and use CC. I find LFG groups tend to do fine, as long as everyone gets to stay in auto pilot mode, once you bring up that highly taboo, black art of CC, thatis when things start to go sideways. In my last case, they kicked the tank because he was slow and now you're suggesting that same group...take it slow. Now that's worth 2 giggles.

I personally think it's more fun to watch tanks continually run ahead and die and then get all frothy at the healers
    Lmao i agree with you on watching them die. And yes, CC. I know it's asking alot lol. I run most content with guildies or friends who I know are competent, and we're generally in my guild's Mumble or another vice. So i have a very unique outlook on everything because I, for some strange reason, believe that everyone is competent in the way my guild and friends are

Deleted
    The last time I saw a tank got kicked was a hunter that ninja pulled the charged boss of Halls of Lightning, he immediately typed that the tank was to blame, and he was faster at initiating a tank kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While you are correct - this is also the first time that they've removed mana regen scaling from a stat (no spirit) - so at least in theory, they have a better shot of keeping mana mattering longer into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    While you are correct - this is also the first time that they've removed mana regen scaling from a stat (no spirit) - so at least in theory, they have a better shot of keeping mana mattering longer into the expansion.
    Except the issue is that no healer *uses* spirit right now - it doesn't matter that we have the scaling and it's removed, when we weren't bothering with the scaling anyway :/. They're just removing an irrelevant part of the equation. Issue isn't that we got more spirit each tier; It's that gear made us so powerful that heals became bigger compared to dmg taken increases. They need to get *that* tuning right.

That's a bit of hyperbole - most healers still make sure they have SOME spirit - especially when progression was relevant. There's a reason that for many specs the mana cost reduction from the Socrethar trinket is BIS. (sure WoD disc can get by ignoring spirit, but the difference between 1k and 2k spirit was vastly noticeable on resto druid for example - back when it mattered - obviously now on uber-farm its pointless)

I agree with your point that the scaling of heal strength vs damage taken+healthpool is an issue too. But we have to acknowledge that the removal of increased spirit with ilvl WILL have an effect regarding healer longevity come legion that SHOULD persist beyond the first tier. - even if its not the whole solution, its certainly better than having scaling regen again leading to the endless mana by the 2nd tier issue you mentioned.

anyway - sorry for the derail from the OP.

Grip him, and if he runs too far ahead while you drink....well, deaths happen. (though at least do type in chat that you need to stop for a drink...then its on him if he doesnt wait.)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-06-16 at 02:28 PM.