4 Lyfe.
    I would never have guessed

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    For Assault, Lucio.

For Defence, Symmetra.

- - - Updated - - -

She shields people [raising their max health, and is damaged first before armor], has sentries that act as alarms, and a teleport for an Ultimate... how is she NOT a SUPPORT ? :|

Support doesn't just mean a healer...
    I agree with you but I think it is somewhat of a problem the way the game is set up in the lobby screen at the moment. Im sure many players look at the group composition warning flags on the right, which are helpful, but "missing support" goes away when you have a symmetra, which makes someone probably less likely to switch to lucio or mercy in that group. Which is a problem, since a group with a symmetra still needs one of the true healers or it will still be weak. Obviously at higher levels and with more experience people arent paying attention to that anyway, but for what is designed im sure to help casual players or newer players, it can be misleading by including symmetra in that grouping. It would be nice to have a "no healer" warning in the same way there is a "no builder" or "no sniper" that looks at a subset of the group and alerts you you are missing something. Might make people more likely to add a lucio or mercy to a group with an existing symmetra.

Deleted
    My favorite of the four is Symmetra on defensive maps and Lucio on offensive maps. They are my two favorite characters in the game overall as well.

I really enjoy Symmetras playstyle which encourages you to play strategical and plan ahead. While not a healer as the other support she can put out good damage and I've found that she works amazing together with either a Mercy or Luccio. Her teleport ultimate lead to a quick recovery in case of a wipe and the turrets can put a building under lockdown. Her shield shouldn't be underestimated since it bulk up the whole team, especially squishy targets such as Tracer. Although the fun can end very quickly when Winston leap in and destroy all your turrets with his Tesla cannon in one go.

Symmetra is my favorite of /all/ heroes, but I think she should be classified as defense and not support.

I also like playing Mercy, but I get annoyed and change quickly if my team plays super retarded... which happens often.

Lucio is alright, but I have a major dislike for automated healing and I find him very boring to play.

I've only played a few games as Zenyatta, but he seems so weak. I don't understand what justifies his weakness, but this probably has to do with me not understanding how to play him. His charge attack for example seems to take way too long to charge.
    Zenyatta is also the hero I see being played the least in my games.

Luciooooooo. Blasting people off ledges is so satisfying.

Mercy best hero conceptually in game i think, and i find her to be the most fun among the supports

Yesterday we got 5 men Zarya ulted on overtime, with me being Mercy, flew away to the Hanzo far away seconds before other 4 guys got Reinhardt+Junkrat ulted, flew back as soon as possible for a 4 men res, won us the game, one of the most satisfying Mercy moments

Deleted
    Having "mained" support since launch, I have the most play time as Mercy. Symmetra is probably my favourite character, though. But Mercy's ultimate is too good to pass up, and I feel pretty guilty for not playing her when I feel I should.

Mercy's squishiness results in her being easy prey. Combined with the fact she's the de facto healer of Overwatch, you NEED to protect her constantly. And nobody has time to babysit her, it seems. I'm a terrible shot and I don't think I'm very good with Lucio OR Zenyatta, but the latter to a lesser extent.

I've ended up growing a resentful belief that Overwatch support characters should be supportive through utility, like Symmetra. Not direct healers like Mercy. It makes them feel far too mandatory. But that's just the opinion of a jaded Mercy player who's been shot down far too many times, I guess.

I guess I've gotta git gud.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends completely on who plays the support and what they are doing. For example if I have to spam for healing standing next to them it doesn't matter what hero they play they suck at that support character then. Meaning Lucio has a bit of an advantage. However if he runs away while you need healing then that player sucks too at that hero. So overall I think I prefer Zenyatta. If I were to play a Support I would prefer Mercy for the healing aspect and Symmetra for the damage aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafting View Post
    I've only really played Mercy. I tried my hand at Lucio, but never really got a handle on him. I prefer the direct healing of Mercy, mostly because aiming isn't really necessary, and aiming at the game's speed is still something I'm still adapting to. Doesn't help that my connection is so bad.
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but you know that Lucio doesn't heal by aiming right? In fact there is no hero that heals that way.

On topic, my favorite support is Lucio. I find I have great survivability with him and almost always do more healing than Mercy. That and people seem to underestimate the amount of damage he does. I'm deadly to turrets and Bastions if I can strafe in and out of cover while popping shots off at them. Mercy, for me, feels too vulnerable (even though her pistol is pretty good).

As far as the others, Symmetra can do a lot of damage but I don't play her well somehow. She's kind of fragile so I try to avoid getting up in peoples' faces unless they come into me or I can get behind them, and since she primarily has a beam weapon that means I feel like I spend a lot of time not doing anything. I try my right click attacks but they move so slowly that I almost never hit anybody. I feel like she could use a movement ability.

Zenyatta I'm just too terrible at aiming with the orbs. The healing is okay, but if I can't take good advantage of his damage potential then I need to be playing something else. I also think he could use a slight buff to his survivability.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    Lucio > Mercy > Zen = Symm

10+ Year Old Account
    Mercy > Lucio > Zenyatta >>>>>> Symmetra (i hate her)
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Mercy and Lucio. Can't really say which I'd prefer. Both have pros and cons that balance each other out.

Zenyatta is always in the respawn room. Symmetra doesn't have an actual heal.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Mercy and Lucio. Can't really say which I'd prefer. Both have pros and cons that balance each other out.
    Healer wise Pretty much this for me,

Symettra is better than Torb for defending a ton of maps & Zenyatta will get a lot more playtime once this patch goes live.. WM Bodyshot nerf should also get me into double-figure killstreaks with Zenyatta & Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Symmetra is my favorite of /all/ heroes, but I think she should be classified as defense and not support.

I also like playing Mercy, but I get annoyed and change quickly if my team plays super retarded... which happens often.

Lucio is alright, but I have a major dislike for automated healing and I find him very boring to play.

I've only played a few games as Zenyatta, but he seems so weak. I don't understand what justifies his weakness, but this probably has to do with me not understanding how to play him. His charge attack for example seems to take way too long to charge.
    Zenyatta is also the hero I see being played the least in my games.
    Zenyatta shreds tanks, and anyone else, with his Orb of Discord that makes them take 50% more damage. Wrecks any short ranged heroes that engages your team, and near-stationary targets. He's the most offence oriented of the supports.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the question is which is my favorite to play, then easily Lucio.

If it's my favorite to have on the team, then it depends greatly on map or if atk/def. I like Symmetra at beginning on D so I don't have to run back all the way to control point A. Later on I'll take a Lucio or Mercy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite to play? Symmetra>Lucio>Mercy>Zenyatta
    My favorite to have on my team when I'm not playing Symmetra? Lucio>Mercy>Zenyatta>Symmetra

Being rezzed is great but I find most of the Mercys I end up playing with have no idea where to place themselves and fall over like flies, or don't heal me at all ever. If I'm not playing Symmetra, it means we're on attack and I despise seeing someone choose it on attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    If I'm not playing Symmetra, it means we're on attack and I despise seeing someone choose it on attack.
    I dunno; I get it's a weak pick but it's still kinda hilarious wrecking 2 or 3 backline squishies when you jump out of a building behind them
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno; I get it's a weak pick but it's still kinda hilarious wrecking 2 or 3 backline squishies when you jump out of a building behind them
    I recorded a PotG similar to this where I ran up some steps, took out a Widowmaker, took out a Tracer, then ran around the back of the payload and took out their Mercy and Winston. Haha. It was on defense, though. :P

fav? hmm have to go with Zen. it's jus t a shame he doesn't have the same healing output as Mercy or Lucio, but man does he chew up tanks and mid HP targets.

Symmetra if we are talking about labels, though she can't support her team offensively hence no idea why she still continues to be called a support but mercy otherwise.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.