Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

(Vengeance) Questions

Afternoon fellas,

Just a couple quick questions regarding the spec. How are they looking so far into Beta, will they be reliable and worthy to level up or are they feeling a bit weak and would not be suitable for raiding/progressing environments and waste of time at the start of the expansion?

As well what are the best professions for them, or is it all personal choice? Leatherworker/Skinner be the best?

Professions are whatever you want them to be. Vengeance is looking pretty good right now. their aoe is pretty damn good, and surviving doesn't seem too bad when you get into a rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    Professions are whatever you want them to be. Vengeance is looking pretty good right now. their aoe is pretty damn good, and surviving doesn't seem too bad when you get into a rhythm.
    How is leveling? Dull and boring as shit or are yous till doing decent enough damage to be viable? Personally I cant see it being much worse than Havoc leveling wise. In the first 4 levels Ive had a hard time pulling more than a 2 or 3 mobs without dying.
    Science the shit out of it!

i prefer havoc leveling since it'll be faster overall. didn't level as vengeance at all. i will say at 847 ilvl you can pull quite a bit of stuff and kill it pretty quickly with no fear of dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    How is leveling? Dull and boring as shit or are yous till doing decent enough damage to be viable? Personally I cant see it being much worse than Havoc leveling wise. In the first 4 levels Ive had a hard time pulling more than a 2 or 3 mobs without dying.
    I leveled pretty much only as vengeance, with the exception of a few quests where I wanted more mobility (or the 100-102 part, to try it out). It's pretty much viable. You can pretty much pull a decent bit of mobs, sigil of flames, immo aura, soul cleave it down and walk away with 90%+ hp and no real time loss. Single target "rares" and elites can take a little longer, but considerably better sustain and aoe damage.

I also pretty much exclusively leveled as vengence, and the few times I went havoc solidified my preference for vengence. It isn't really slower, leap has a lot of mobility tied it, except you get better control of where you end up. It also has way less downtime, self healing for days.

My only little problem with venegence is tanking dungeons. Bosses are fine, but I melt under certain trash packs, even on normal. Like the pack just before Heimdal, even with Demon spikes and metamorph up. Though I did it again with a diff healer and had no issue. So may be a healer problem.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I also pretty much exclusively leveled as vengence, and the few times I went havoc solidified my preference for vengence. It isn't really slower, leap has a lot of mobility tied it, except you get better control of where you end up. It also has way less downtime, self healing for days.

My only little problem with venegence is tanking dungeons. Bosses are fine, but I melt under certain trash packs, even on normal. Like the pack just before Heimdal, even with Demon spikes and metamorph up. Though I did it again with a diff healer and had no issue. So may be a healer problem.
    Pretty much this, leveled as veng and loved it - can constantly pull with big packs.
    In dungeon only certain trash packs been real problem, if u dont have soul reading which i dont use no real decent AOE mob CD - meta gives the extra heal though pain gen but its not a DR.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Deleted
    I've level'd exclusively as vengence and there is no downtime at all.
    I think I've died 4 times while leveling due to a mix of overestimating my survival and daughter interrupting my gameplay.

I've done all dungeons on normal (Just recently dinged 110, so the gear isn't ready for heriocs yet) and I've died twice. From what I've gathered, its all about keeping momentum. So as long as the healer have 30%+ mana I keep pulling, so I can use the leftover pain from the previous pack. Make sure I have Demon Spikes up when jumping into a huge pack, and activating Empower Wards if I know the pack will have some magic damge.

There is however huge difference in healers. I've have the best luck with priests (Holy I guess?) and druids. Where Monks and Shamans haven't been all that great.
    Have only played with one paladin, so not much to go by there.

I only played a few levels as vengeance and I had a blast. I only changed out because I figure as long as I'm in the beta I should play how I don't normally play so I went havoc mostly. Leveling it feels very similar to Blood DK if you've leveled that. Easy to pull lots of mobs at once and burst them down with barely noticing a tick down on your hp as long as you are using abilities. I haven't actually done any dungeons as veng yet for the same reason I only did a few levels as it though so I can't comment there.