Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did anyone notice the plastic cup in the Wow movie?

Just saw it tonight and had to post to get your thoughts...

Just another reason you do not hire an indie movie director for a major title...

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it's too blurry for me to tell either way?
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Thats the "Cup of Triumph" and its has a legit reason for being in the movie. IIRC its a discpline priest bubble in the shape of a cup, rather than wasting money on CGI they just put it in as a random plastic cup. J. Allen Brack has one on his desk to catch his tears for the failed expansions he has made.

I'm confused what I'm supposed to be looking at.

I never saw the movie so what's special about the cup?

seems to be glass. i've never seen a solo cup curve like that near the top.

Looks like glass to me. At least... I don't notice it flexing as he grasps it?

Looks like glass to me.....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Orcs, Portals, Magic.. seems legit

Plastics invented by a fictional society? Pure madness!

Deleted
    Most of their armour and weapons looked plastic to me, could be made out of the same material.

I thought that it was glass when I saw it in the theater. Plastic or glass, I couldn't care less. This video doesn't change anything for me...it's a fucking cup.

That would have been good criticism for that journalism dude to use in that other thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, the movie is garbage, but I don't think they'd make THAT amateur of a mistake. It looks like glass

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, people really will find anything to try to bash this movie. Granted, I think the movie was pretty bad but this is really reaching.

Looks like glass to me. Even if it isn't, it isn't enough to break it for me.

I was expecting something really "Oh, what a rookie mistake!" kinda thing, like many other movie mistakes, but meh. I am disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Looks like glass to me. Even if it isn't, it isn't enough to break it for me.

I was expecting something really "Oh, what a rookie mistake!" kinda thing, like many other movie mistakes, but meh. I am disappoint.
    Yeah, I was expecting to see like a red solo cup in the background or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Most of their armour and weapons looked plastic to me, could be made out of the same material.
    Glad I'm not the only one that sees it like that. Armor looks so cheesy and plastic that I wonder where their budget went on it. $500 million and the armor looks plastic and the CGI is second rate at best. You see that wolf?

As for the cup, doesn't really look like a plastic solo cup to me, but definitely isn't top of the line either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that sees it like that. Armor looks so cheesy and plastic that I wonder where their budget went on it. $500 million and the armor looks plastic and the CGI is second rate at best. You see that wolf?

As for the cup, doesn't really look like a plastic solo cup to me, but definitely isn't top of the line either.
    Don't quote me but I read that marketing cost more than the movie itself. Which is weird, I thought the marketing for the movie was horrible. The amateurish posters being the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Only thing i can say is my brother finally humiliated me by telling my parents i'd played World of Warcraft while they watched this piece of shit. The movie made me cringe and i wanted no form of association between me and the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a Warcraft movie mega thread on this very subforum to post things like this in. Don't clutter the forum when there are threads to post in already. Closing this.

CLOSED.