Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question jewel crafting was killed off, now INSCRIPTION has been killed off so what's is next?

like what the fuck is going on in the minds of the proffesion team
    they said all this bullshit about improved proffesions..then they removed the glyph system making inscription 99% irrelevant since the entire point of that profession was the glyph system just like the entire point of the jewelcrafting profession was to put gems in gear sockets and yet i 90% bet they can't even make gems for artifacts in legion

so what about after legion?
    is blizzard now going to make enchanters only able to enchant their self
    is blizzard going to make blacksmiths and tailors and leatherworkers only able to create bind on pick up items?
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Scribes will be making the most sought-after item for raiders now, Tomes of the Clear Mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Scribes will be making the most sought-after item for raiders now, Tomes of the Clear Mind!
    that is not related to raiding
    that is for the entire fucking game anywhere
    also that's why i edited my post to say 99% irrelevant since 1 item is the 1% usefullness maybe even 0.5% usefull since most people will try to sell that crap for 1000g or more
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Inscription still can make trinkets, some relics like nearly every other profession.

jewlcrafters can make neck items with guaranteed gem slots and a 600 main stat gem for everyone so they are still relevant, as for scribes, they still make the cosmetic minor glyphs I think.

BS/Tailors/LW can only make 800 gear so they are basically killed off. That gear can by a lot of time effort and headaches go up to a whopping 850, but that's like normal mode gear and you'll probably have better way before you get that item to 850.

Enchanters lose their weapon enchants.

Scribes lose glyphs.

But they can make toys and on use crap to fill your bags, and now have quests!

I really don't see how any of this is an improvement. It all looks so terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'll just see which spec is the best and go for that like always and not buy those dumb things.

"Bu-bu-but there's so much choice now!" Nah, there's always a best spec.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've made a glyph on my scribe for a few years now :/ Darkmoon cards and trinkets/weapons were the cash cows. Nothing changes as far as i am concerned.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/profess...ription?page=3

Plenty of stuff to still make as a scribe. Including glyphs.

Vantus Runes, Tomes and Codex's for changing talents, darkmoon cards and some other other off-the-cuff items like http://beta.wowdb.com/items/128979-unwritten-legend which may prove marketable.

There are still glyphs inscription and there are still things worth making and selling.

Sky is not falling.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

My understanding is that the big money-maker for Inscription in Warlords hasn't been glyphs- it's been the trinkets, which they'll still have in Legion, as well as being able to make not only the new Vantus Runes, which will give a +% damage increase on a specific boss per week, and should be in high demand, as well as the items needed to change talents and glyphs outside of a rest area, which should see use similar to flasks or potions by raiders, as well as by non-raiding characters.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-06-15 at 01:37 AM.

Hopefully they can just kill off any character who took inscription and jewelcrafting so we can have a nice time again.

Changing focus isn't the same as killing off. I'm sure every Profession has a capability of providing a unique item type that will be in demand to players, and if not, pets, mounts, toys and the like. Not really sure why Inscription was so profitable in the first place, myself.

Aren't the DMF trinkets suffering the same fate as all other crafted gear. worthless ilvl 800?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Aren't the DMF trinkets suffering the same fate as all other crafted gear. worthless ilvl 800?
    Trinkets can be a bit special, since the power of their effects and interactions with cooldowns and class abilities can make some far more powerful than their ilvl indicates- this tends to happen to the DMF trinkets, in fact. That said... we don't know if this will be the case in Legion. Hard to say right now with minimal raid data and little numbers tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    that is not related to raiding
    that is for the entire fucking game anywhere
    also that's why i edited my post to say 99% irrelevant since 1 item is the 1% usefullness maybe even 0.5% usefull since most people will try to sell that crap for 1000g or more
    But scribes still make a ton of glyphs... And they're no longer permanent, they're back to single use. And instead of being restricted to 3 major and 3 minor, you can use 1 per effected spell......

Sky is falling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Good riddance.

Just as gems market used to be, glyph market is controlled by handful of AH players, sometimes botters. They play 24/7, instantly undercutting anyone else. AH players make millions, normal players that don't want to waste life in front of AH interface get instantly undercut and don't stand a chance. Glyph market has always been like this.

AH players are the only ones suffering from this change.

Ideally I'd prefer if both inscription and jewelcrafting were viable again and auction house system was changed to discourage constant undercutting. There were few good suggestions over the years posted on this forum. Then AH players would be gone and gold gain would no longer depend on how well you configured bot or how long you can play AH add-on clicking game non-stop.

Ignoring the click-baity title, I agree with some of the sentiment in this post. I actually do miss professions pre-WoD rework since the unique little perks each profession gave were pretty cool bonuses for the amount of time it took to grind them out. Before WoD, I'd min/max my characters with crazy profession combinations for those small bonuses and now I barely give a single fuck about any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping for an insightful thread, but seeing who the op is, I was disappointed in the rants and swearing.

Professions will still have a purpose and will even out. Nothing world ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Good riddance.

Just as gems market used to be, glyph market is controlled by handful of AH players, sometimes botters. They play 24/7, instantly undercutting anyone else. AH players make millions, normal players that don't want to waste life in front of AH interface get instantly undercut and don't stand a chance. Glyph market has always been like this.

AH players are the only ones suffering from this change.

Ideally I'd prefer if both inscription and jewelcrafting were viable again and auction house system was changed to discourage constant undercutting. There were few good suggestions over the years posted on this forum. Then AH players would be gone and gold gain would no longer depend on how well you configured bot or how long you can play AH add-on clicking game non-stop.
    Its funny how true this actually is, I knew five people who no-lifed the AH with 2-3 accounts, with three of them using bots and two of them actually staying up for 15+ hours some days just watching shit. I'm still friends with two of them and one had his main account perma banned last year.

I tried breaking into the inscription market and would instantly have 300-500+ items undercutted and garbage sent to my alt account's mailbox. lol After I made nearly 2 million gold I just gave up as its boring as shit.

And yeah, Blizzard needs to change how the AH UI works to discourage add-ons being able to mass change items. Do the 10-30 item limit like Korean MMOs do.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Was hoping for an insightful thread, but seeing who the op is, I was disappointed in the rants and swearing.

Professions will still have a purpose and will even out. Nothing world ending.
    This, just doing my daily rounds and seen his name pop up like 4 times now and so far every post has been ranting without seaming to understand backing systems.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, another Skanner thread where he complains about things which he doesn't actually understand

They haven't destroyed Scribes, Scribes will be one of the top money making profs if not THE top money making profession in Legion.