Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Show me a fat, 50-year-old Hispanic woman, and I will show you someone who can cook.

Damn, now I want some carnitas.
    give me 25 years and i'll put money down because there will be a 50/50 chance they can't

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    give me 25 years and i'll put money down because there will be a 50/50 chance they can't
    When I worked in the restaurant business, there was a pretty common saying,

"Don't trust a skinny chef."

Deleted
    Right ... so you go around the world and you are inviting countless fat women you don't know into your home so they can cook for you? Really? ... You're telling me you are actually doing this in your life and then post this on MMO-Champion? For real?

Most "fat" women that I've met were actually cooks for professions, same goes for men. Maybe you're from USA or some place like it, but here fat people are usually cooks.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not rocket science, you just have to know how and what to mix, what seasonings to use, and which method of cooking goes well with what ingredient. :3 if it's meat then pre-cooking marination is also important.

and most important of all : the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by tithian View Post
    Cooking a healthy and decent meal is more expensive than buying cheap fast food or frozen pizzas from the supermarket and such. It seems counter-intuitive, but the poorer you are the more chances you have to gain weight. The only people that are poor and thin are those that are literally starving (i.e. homeless people).
    Yeah... no. I'm definitely what you'd call a poor-ass student, though I'm not starving. I used to weigh a lot back in high school, and now somehow I can afford to eat quite healthy. I NEVER eat fast-food and barely ever eat frozen food. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, though. It may be different in first world countries, but it's still not that you get fat by eating frozen food, you get fat by being lazy AND eating shit frozen food. There are decent frozen veggie mixes that work fine as stand-alone meals, with added meat if you feel like it. Are they as healthy as fresh vegetables? No, but they are still better than eating frozen pizza and don't take any longer to prepare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The majority of people today have very little cooking skills and actually do buy food from fast food restaurants on a daily basis. In the 80's mothers decided not to teach their daughters cooking skills so as not to chain their daughters to the kitchen. They also decided to try and be their kids friends rather than their parents. Now generations of family recipies and cooking skills have been broken and can't be repaired.

Most Americans can't cook anymore, it is considered a bother and a hassle and they would rather spend money buying food that tastes good rather than worry about balancing their families diets. They sell frozen peanut butter & jelly sandwiches because making one is more of a hassle than microwaving one. My step-sister can't cook to save her life, going to her home for thanksgiving is a nightmare where I have to drive for 2 hours just to be fed terrible food. I actually stop at a fast food restaurant before I get there to fill up on edible food and barely nibble at her house. I don't even like fast food. Her Mother didn't want her chained to the kitchen, wanted her to go to college and get a career.

I personally suggest that everyone learns how to cook food, male or female. It saves you so much money, it is healthier and it is better tasting. You don't have to worry about employees screwing with your food and the service won't suck. I cook at least 3 meals a week for my family, and sometimes I will cook 3 days worth of meals in one day so I don't have to do it again the next day.

But if you are looking for a size of woman to find someone to cook meals for you then you are doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    To be fair I'm a better cook than most girls I meet

Most don't know how to chop veggies or what a roux is, this girl I was with recently was just awkward at breaking eggs, as if it was maybe the 2nd/3rd time she had ever done so; most have no knowledge of ingredients and cooking times, and can't do much beyond microwave or throw something in the oven

Somewhere along the line, girls just stopped learning how to cook, seeing it as too traditional or beneath them - forgetting that cooking and eating delicious and beautiful food is one of the greatest and simplest joys available to mankind

As for fat girls not knowing how to cook: I wouldn't know, don't date fatties Bigzo
    He has to date fatties, though. Based on other posts in the past, that's all he attracts.

And they can't cook. First world problems, man. First world problems.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    How are you big as hell ,but you can't cook for shit?

4 of the best chefs in the world...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it isn't just the bigger girls that can't cook, a lot of the women my age and younger don't know how to cook. I think a lot of it stems from my generation/younger's mothers were more apt to work 9-5 jobs as their children grew up. In doing so they don't cook as often as their mothers did, and thereby don't pass on knowledge to their daughters. I'm not trying to say it's a bad thing that these women went to working 9-5, but this is one of the trade offs. Now it doesn't bother me so much, because I love to cook, and plan to open a restaurant sometime in the near future. But you wouldn't believe how many girls that are my age that don't know squat in the kitchen and are okay with me doing all the cooking. Hell I had one that on board with the idea if we were to marry she would do all the kitchen cleanup and dishes so long as I cooked. Getting married this weekend...her not me /whew!

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Young single guys AND girls are usually terrible chefs in any modern western country unless they have a real interest in learning how to cook, which few do these days :P

From all the ladies I've dated only my current GF is a decent cook, and she studied for it and has the interest for it.

Regardless to the topic at hand, no, people who are very overweight usually don't know how to cook as they usually get alot of prefabs or fastfood, it's pretty much required that they do in order to reach that weight.

It's very hard to go past chubby without saturated fats and sugar added to everything in your meal.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, just nope. Less calories = less weight.

If you eat absolutely NOTHING for 72+ hours, there is a RISK of your metabolism slowing down. Otherwise, nothing but bullshit.
    Funny I just had this talk with my Dr yesterday.
    Him and the Stanford nutritionist sitting next to him both told me I need to eat more so my body will get out of "crisis mode" and even out.
    Been gaining weight even though I am a 6'2" male ....mid age ish on a 12-1500 cal diet daily intake.Mainly veggies (1/2) Carbs (1/4) and lean protein (1/4) .Walking 30-40 min a day (injury prevents me from doing more). Only drinking tap water and my jug of coffee in the am.
    Only taking Advil when it is so bad I can hardly breath...not taking the Prescription stuff as I am getting all the side effects ...loath that.
    The combo of constant mid to high amounts of pain and low calories is "tricking" my body into thinking we need to be in survival mode.

So ...seems to me , you answer is not applicable to everyone, You only parrot what some meat head told you at some point in your life and you are so fearful of gaining weight you hold onto it like a mantra ignoring any new information since then , and ...you are wrong in your regurgitation of these ...dangerous little gems.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Right ... so you go around the world and you are inviting countless fat women you don't know into your home so they can cook for you? Really? ... You're telling me you are actually doing this in your life and then post this on MMO-Champion? For real?

Most "fat" women that I've met were actually cooks for professions, same goes for men. Maybe you're from USA or some place like it, but here fat people are usually cooks.
    where did I say that?

Shit, most women don't know how to cook actually, it's pretty ridiculous. I'm a better cook than my own mother who only has 30+ years of extra experience than I do and grew up during the era of every meal being a home cooked meal. I've only ever dated one girl who actually was a reasonable cook, the rest could fuck up boiled water if given the chance.

I don't care, I'll cook but can't clean for shit. Tradeoffs can easily be made for a harmonious relationship.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Wrong lack of food intake makes your body store what little you do eat into fat to prepare for when you don't eat so don't call bulls hit on it I work in health care in know what I'm talking about.
    I also work in health care as a health advisor, and you really can't gain weight if you are not getting enough calories for it. The issue most often is that the busy people who feel they don't eat enough and still gain weight are unconcious snackers, not paying attention to what they eat. The may not eat decent meals and feel constantly hungry, but they are also falling for easy solutions like snacks and calorific drinks. They don't fill you up, you feel like you are starving yourself but may actually be getting a decent amount of calories. When you finally get a break and have time to eat, you over do it to treat yourself since you've starved yourself all week, and end up gaining weight. The easy solution is to make time for eating and paying attention to everything you put in your mouth instead of grapping something on the go and thinking you didn't eat lunch. It doesn't even have to be sodas and candybars, just a latte and couple of crackers quickly add up to calories equal to smart lunch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just an observation i've made over the years.

It's a bit counter-intuitive. How are you big as hell ,but you can't cook for shit? I invite them over hoping that they'll be able to make me some food, but they don't even know to fry chicken.

I'm a better cook than all of them, and i'm not even that good of a cook.
    You must have a lot of free time, inviting all bigger girls over and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Funny I just had this talk with my Dr yesterday.
    Him and the Stanford nutritionist sitting next to him both told me I need to eat more so my body will get out of "crisis mode" and even out.
    Been gaining weight even though I am a 6'2" male ....mid age ish on a 12-1500 cal diet daily intake.Mainly veggies (1/2) Carbs (1/4) and lean protein (1/4) .Walking 30-40 min a day (injury prevents me from doing more). Only drinking tap water and my jug of coffee in the am.
    Only taking Advil when it is so bad I can hardly breath...not taking the Prescription stuff as I am getting all the side effects ...loath that.
    The combo of constant mid to high amounts of pain and low calories is "tricking" my body into thinking we need to be in survival mode.

So ...seems to me , you answer is not applicable to everyone, You only parrot what some meat head told you at some point in your life and you are so fearful of gaining weight you hold onto it like a mantra ignoring any new information since then , and ...you are wrong in your regurgitation of these ...dangerous little gems.
    I'm certain your doctor and nutritionist were right in your case, and starvation is definitely not a great way to lose weight. The best way is to cut your daily intake by about 500 kcal, not to half it or something else equally ridiculous. But you are also not most people, and there definitely is an issueof unconsious snacking and people truely believing they are eating a lot less than they actually are. There have been many studies of people claiming they can eat anything and not gain weight and people who claim they get fat by not eating, and 95% of the time they just suck at judging how much they eat. It's just human nature to be bad at judging kcal content; in nature, important thing was always to get as much calories as possible, not to be good at aiming at some magic number.

Just an observation i've made over the years.

It's a bit counter-intuitive. How are you big as hell ,but you can't cook for shit? I invite them over hoping that they'll be able to make me some food, but they don't even know to fry chicken.

I'm a better cook than all of them, and i'm not even that good of a cook.
    If you can cook, why did you invite them just to cook for you? Are you.......are you a big girl?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'd have to say that most people can't cook, men and women, thin and fat. I can cook, but that's for several reasons. I'm also not fat, though. Which is also something that I think is true, thin or fat, most people don't know how to cook. However, if anything, I'd say that more young people when compared to older people do not know how to cook. I've noticed that the younger generation cares more about immediate gratification. Cooking and learning the skill and art of cooking - it takes time and effort, more than most people are will to dedicate themselves to now-a-days.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I'd buy a correlation between obesity and inability to cook well, just because eating poorly can cause of obesity, and learning to cook helps you stop eating poorly. It doesn't track with my experience, though - among everyone I've known, the great cooks didn't share any common physical traits.

how come no one is questioning why the OP is taking so many big girls home with him to have them cook?