The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

"Controller-Games" - Suggestions?

Hey everyone,

I'm getting me an xbox controller tomorrow(for pc usage), due to some games basically "requiring" a controller to actually enjoy them (Darksiders, Dark Souls, DmC).

Are there any "exceptionally good" games on PC that are more enjoyable with a controller? Any suggestions, welcome - genre doesn't really matter.

Thanks!

(I didn't know if this would have properly fit in the "Request/Suggest a game" Thread, so I made a new one. If I should rather ask there, let me know please!)

First ones that come to mind from more recent games are Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max. I normally game on PC with kbm, but I preferred a controller for both of these, and they were both quite fun.

Deleted
    Giana Sisters games are good with controller.
    Rogue Stormers (also by Giana sisters BFG)
    Spelunky.
    Limbo (free soon on steam, if you grab it around 21st-22nd).
    Sine Mora.
    DEX possibly.

I use M&KB, but controller is fine for all of those, DEX I`m not sure, but probably.
    P.S. Loads of those are on sale on GOG at the min` too.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    First ones that come to mind from more recent games are Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max. I normally game on PC with kbm, but I preferred a controller for both of these, and they were both quite fun.
    Already played through Shadow of Mordor 3 times, but I'm going to have a look at Mad Max, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Giana Sisters games are good with controller.
    Rogue Stormers (also by Giana sisters BFG)
    Spelunky.
    Limbo (free soon on steam, if you grab it around 21st-22nd).
    Sine Mora.
    DEX possibly.

I use M&KB, but controller is fine for all of those, DEX I`m not sure, but probably.
    P.S. Loads of those are on sale on GOG at the min` too.
    Gonna have a look at these, thanks!

Rise of the Tomb Raider feels very natural with a Xbox controller as well.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what kinda of games you like, one of the only ones I've really enjoyed with a controller over M+KB is Rocket League. That game is addicting.

Also, Ori and the Blind Forest was a great indie game that worked better with a controller, IMO.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2016-06-15 at 03:02 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally like every single game that isn't strategy/PC exclusive anymore is made on console and ported to PC. So most feel better with a controller in my opinion.

It comes down to opinion though. I enjoy almost every PC game with a controller, even shooters, but most everyone I know hates controllers.

But anywho, like I said, any game that isn't PC exclusive/strategy made in the last half decade will have very good controller controls, most (any AAA title, most indie games) will have 360 controller maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Meat Boy.

Deleted
    pretty much all games feel better on a pad

Controller for Dark Souls.

Mouse and keyboard for everything else.

And using it for Dark Souls was mainly because of how atrocious the camera was with a mouse, not because it was "better" with a controller.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Brothers a tale of two sons is supposedly really good. I got it but since I didn't have a controller I didn't play it much. It is actually very hard with M+KB.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    pretty much all games feel better on a pad
    If better as in more relaxing then yes. Playing with a controller is relaxing as hell as I can recline all the way on my chair or even lie on the bed.
    However any game that requires aiming is so much better with mouse+KB, which I usually do when I play hard mode stuff and need quick and precise aiming.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

The Witcher series is terrible on mouse and keyboard, so I'd play those with a controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal Gear Rising and the final fantasy games on steam, just feels more natural with a controller.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the suggestions, definitely found me a few games I'm going to play!

Also: Some of the LEGO games are incredibly amusing (imo at least), and are more fun to play with controller as well. (Got me LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - most fun game I've ever bought, for only 4€. )

10+ Year Old Account
    The Resident Evil games play well on a controller.

While on the subject of zombies the Dead Rising games are also good...and honestly there's nothing more relaxing than killing zombies with two chain saws tied to the ends of a kyak paddle while reclining in your favorite chair.