Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    *Some* people enjoy min/max'ing and playing to the max/competitive.
    those people are now vilified all over this website for ruining wow, so its probably not the best argument to make

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    Out of interest what was the old tier gear those arcane mages was using that was wreaking in Myth HFC? I saw that comment on the wow forums and iam intrigued?

Also i do hope blizz doesnt gimp old tier gear for TW i too was a BIS gear collector who just loved wreaking shit in TW and i really hope blizz doesnt make me lose my awesome set i had.
    Way too lazy to search to see if this was answered but. It was firelands tier set for arcane that we are using. If you cast it at 1 with arcane power and a switchset macro it reduces your mana consumption during Arcane power by an additional 10% I believe. (could be twenty have raided in a few weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    TW gearing was actually fun and accesible to everybody.

You didn't ran into "730+ or kick" or "XXX reserved" or "link curve or kick" when trying to obtain older set bonuses. The raids were soloable, anyone could just go and get them. And that was fun aspect of it. TW allowed you to tinker around with dozens of tier sets, not just current one that's gated behind high PUG requirements and low drop chances

This ^. It was just fun. Simple, easy fun that ANYONE and EVERYONE could do if they wished. I promise there were exponentially more people having fun with min/max/tinkering old sets in TW than there were people abusing current content. Then, in standard Blizz style, they severely over reacted. We cant think of a good way to keep people from doing this in current content so lets just lock the whole thing down for everyone everywhere forever. Its like not wanting a boy to get a girl pregnant so you castrate him with a rusty chainsaw instead of giving him a condom. It works, I guess, but one would have sure been a lot more enjoyable for a lot more people.

Gearing for TW? I mean, I guess if you're into that, but, they aren't that difficult.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Syrathia View Post
    Way too lazy to search to see if this was answered but. It was firelands tier set for arcane that we are using. If you cast it at 1 with arcane power and a switchset macro it reduces your mana consumption during Arcane power by an additional 10% I believe. (could be twenty have raided in a few weeks)
    Thanks for the answer

OP, why so slow? We had that info two months ago. And yes, this change is like a typical change Blizzard make nowadays: if something requires time and effort to balance/work all issues with - just remove it! Less is more guys! Enjoy your world of removed fun! Your loving Blizzard.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Gearing for TW? I mean, I guess if you're into that, but, they aren't that difficult.
    No, but the gearing can be fun, they speed up the running of the dungeons themselves, and bigger numbers are nice. I don't have problems with people not doing it, but I can't see why people would have problems with people who do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    No, but the gearing can be fun, they speed up the running of the dungeons themselves, and bigger numbers are nice. I don't have problems with people not doing it, but I can't see why people would have problems with people who do it.
    Fair enough. Don't get me wrong though, I DO think it's silly that Blizz would remove something like this.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Timewalking already nerfed tbc and cata dungeons you don't need the old tier to beat them easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    No, this is because TW dungeons are extremely easy and no special gear is required to complete them.
    You dont understand what min/max'ing means. Its not about hard content per se, its also about time saved.

That's kind of the point, why take it out if people are into it?

Some people have fun min/maxing

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Timewalking already nerfed tbc and cata dungeons you don't need the old tier to beat them easily.
    You are conflating need and want.

This makes me mildly sad...but eh, I'll get over it.

People have been abusing tier sets for a while, like currently I believe there's a tier set exploit being used by Arcane Mages to have insane boosts to pre-pull damage. It's a shame but on the bright side, without these bonuses Timewalking itself is likely going to become a lot less mindless. I sure do like FnB chaos bolts for 20k when enemies have 18k health but I'm not going to pretend that was intentional or great design.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    OP, why so slow? We had that info two months ago. And yes, this change is like a typical change Blizzard make nowadays: if something requires time and effort to balance/work all issues with - just remove it! Less is more guys! Enjoy your world of removed fun! Your loving Blizzard.
    It is likely reworking of every set bonus, so not some minor task.
    Look at the issues they have balancing the current tier of set bonuses, let alone multiple tiers for each class.
    In addition to the Legion changes then likely requiring them to be changed again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

"Most people dont even have special TW gear"

=> this is mostly because most people are dumb as fuck and spam 1 button the entire time.

Those are the groups I get that everyone is doing 1k dps or less..

To me it was just fun. To some classes, depending on the sets you got, it could completely change the way they played by buffing different skills than are normally used. As for tier sets buffing abilities that class no longer has any more, then the class simply wouldn't use them, period. Solves that problem.

Finally, when you are farming for the Mount with all of your "BIS geared but hated by the RNG God" friends, it helps you spam them substantially faster. It just boils down to how sick I am of Blizz taking the "Burn the house down to kill a spider" approach vs coming up with a workable plan that achieves their goals of current content cheating and doesn't remove even more fun from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. Don't get me wrong though, I DO think it's silly that Blizz would remove something like this.
    I agree, it's a carpet bomb for a lone gunman, it's way over the top. I'm sure people will find ways around it (in that they will find other items that give better stats but no bonuses). I don't see it impacting me personally.

The second part of my statement wasn't so much aimed at you as you were apathetic in your opinion of people who do it (to paraphrase you: "meh, it's their business, have at it"), and more at the person/some people higher up, especially the one saying that people who like min/maxing are vilified.

"Most people dont even have special TW gear"

=> this is mostly because most people are dumb as fuck and spam 1 button the entire time.

You can still min/max in TW. The BiS gear is just different now.

Also being an elitist over TW is pretty fucking stupid, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

I wouldn't use words like "competitive" to describe PVE twinking. Overgearing trivial content can be fun, but it's still trivial content.

Regardless, this change isn't aimed at hurting twinks. That's just a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    That's kind of the point, why take it out if people are into it?

Some people have fun min/maxing

You are conflating need and want.
    Not really... I am saying you don't need it to easily complete the content. I understand some people may want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I wouldn't use words like "competitive" to describe PVE twinking. Overgearing trivial content can be fun, but it's still trivial content.

Regardless, this change isn't aimed at hurting twinks. That's just a side effect.
    Ah, but see, here is the meat of my gripe.

Yes I enjoy being a god in TW. Its fun. It does not hurt one single person. I like playing with all my old tiers and trying out different things to see if i can stack 4+ bonus procs or something.

But, I am more aggrieved by what is becoming Blizzs go to response. KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE AND ACID. AND BURN ALL THE COUNTRYSIDE JUST TO BE SURE.

REGARDLESS of the "side effects". They just don't even care anymore.