Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Not wanting your country to be overtaken by third world people is racist these days.
    Not what the conversation is about, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Thats what you get when you ignore the will of people and invite millions of 3rd world immigrants out of a stupid devotion to altruism. Nowadays EU isnt here to help states inside it but to help other countries economic migrants.

I do hope the EU gets shocked by brexit, and that it will tear apart. Only through this shock will the politicians see the failure they commited.
    They will never "see" their failure. They are so arrogant, they couldn't possibly even consider that they might fail. They will blame someone else of course...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That worry is that the people in Western countries are devided to the core. We don't seem to be standing united in anything these days.
    Confrontation is impossible, there's no platform for any discussion, since any meaningful topic has been banned from public eyes, and now from social media as well.

When confrontation happens, it's never constructive, because the sides are radicalized and don't want to negotiate.

Conflict resolution demands a negotiation phase, otherwise is just enforcing conformity by coercion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Not what the conversation is about, at all.
    The conversation takes place in context of current events. I know PC folks have an idealistic way to see things, but im a practical nature.

Speaking of baseless accusations, that we talked about earlier. Isnt it similar to left wing propaganda saying far right is violent, nationalists are violent, anti immigrants are violent, when news after news shows trump protestors commiting the violence, antifa commiting the violence, freedom of speech brutally taken from what they perceive as far right.

Feels like thieves shouting "thieves!" a bit yes?

Also with that South Africa thread we had some days ago. racism...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    The conversation takes place in context of current events. I know PC folks have an idealistic way to see things, but im a practical nature.

Speaking of baseless accusations, that we talked about earlier. Isnt it similar to left wing propaganda saying far right is violent, nationalists are violent, anti immigrants are violent, when news after news shows trump protestors commiting the violence, antifa commiting the violence, freedom of speech brutally taken from what they perceive as far right.

Feels like thieves shouting "thieves!" a bit yes?

Also with that South Africa thread we had some days ago. racism...
    You are not being practical by putting "race" into the equation. If you want to talk about not letting people with third world mentality ruin the first world, then why in the world did you bring up race, nationality and other pointless nonsense?

No, neither left nor right is violent/nationalist. If you think that the values you hold are the "right wing", then you have been misinformed. Nationalism and racism is not right wing, it is narrowminded wing. Narrowminded people exist on all points of the political spectrum.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Spot on OP. Moral decay is due in part from Christianity not being a part of schools/everyday life anymore. Liberal progressive movements have played their fair share in ruining the Western culture as well.

What's going to bring the West together is Muslim "refugees" radicalizing. They are poking a bear that they don't want to fuck with. They'll lose though, so it's alright if it comes to that.
    O.O Hardcore Christian folk are the ones I hear screaming the most about the "PC culture" of the left, as in they want to break down public decorum/politeness into nothingness, so I don't think this is a religious issue but more an everyone issue.

If you actually took the time to closely examine which institutions push hardest for moral decay, independence over family, and hedonism over conscious decision-making, you'll find that those institutions "coincidentally" originate from one ethnic demographic. Hint: It's not white people or muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, neither left nor right is violent/nationalist. If you think that the values you hold are the "right wing", then you have been misinformed. Nationalism and racism is not right wing, it is narrowminded wing. Narrowminded people exist on all points of the political spectrum.
    I think the issue is, thanks to the Southern Strategy conservatives in the US have been for many, many years openly courting racists, sexists and homophobes along with the other dregs of society to secure what few votes they need outside of mass voter disfranchisement and gerrymandering efforts.

I can at least see how most people would see the GoP as racist when that is the only reason they win elections.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    If you actually took the time to closely examine which institutions push hardest for moral decay, independence over family, and hedonism over conscious decision-making, you'll find that those institutions "coincidentally" originate from one ethnic demographic. Hint: It's not white people or muslims.
    Is it oompa loompas? Give some more hints.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post

You only need to look at the heads of multi-media companies that influence pop culture consumption and family relations, aka entertainment and music, social media that controls perspective through selective narrative composition and exposition, banks which control the finances of the world, and data aggregates like Google, etc. It's obvious who is succeesing at pushing their agenda.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-16 at 02:47 AM.

You only need to look at the heads of multi-media companies, aka entertainment and music, social media, data aggregates like Google, etc. It's obvious who is at the top pushing out mainstream pop culture.
    Could you just say it? I'm not very clever.

Could you just say it? I'm not very clever.
    You'd like that, wouldn't you ;p. Research for yourself. The answer is obvious for all to see.

You'd like that, wouldn't you ;p. Research for yourself. The answer is obvious for all to see.
    If you know it just share it ffs, this is silly to just tell people "do it yourself" when you are asserting the answer is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    We don't seem to be standing united in anything these days.

Not much positivity from my end I guess
    What's your view on what still binds us in the West?
    I feel the same way. What scares me the most is the return of the far-right to prominence. What scares me is the growing amount of people who buy into a whole other narrative and worldview propelled by so-called alternative media and misinformation shared through social media. I fear how distorted facts and conspiracy theories that used to be viewed as legitimate by only a fringe part of the population is now believed by a sizable proportion of our citizenry. I feel that liberal democracy - our very form of government - is under serious threat from within.

Sadly the sense that we stand united is a relatively new phenomenon. 100 years ago the West had been divided for 1,500 years since the collapse of the (Western) Roman Empire. There were no history of unity to speak of. Europe was a continent of war throughout the Middle Ages. Then we took our fights to new places during the Age of Discovery. The height of our division was reached in the Great War 100 years ago. A showdown of which the aftermath laid the playing field for the ultimate rift of Western civilization that would see political extremes tear us up to the brink of annihilation. Only with the death of millions and years of devastation and the horrors of war would the Greatest Generation arise to set us on a path of unity and peace beginning in the late 1940's and early 1950's. Here we are some 70 years later and the Greatest Generation has died off. No longer around to remind the baby boomer generation of lessons learned, neglect by the baby boomers who are the wealthiest most prosperous generation in the history of the world has resulted in a complete animosity and apathy towards the achievements of the past 70 years by the current generation. Instead we are moving closer to seeing this period of time being an extraordinary exception in our history rather than our future.

Sorry for trying to upstage your doom and gloom rather than provide examples of what binds us together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I think the issue is, thanks to the Southern Strategy conservatives in the US have been for many, many years openly courting racists, sexists and homophobes along with the other dregs of society to secure what few votes they need outside of mass voter disfranchisement and gerrymandering efforts.

I can at least see how most people would see the GoP as racist when that is the only reason they win elections.
    Probably Nazi regime in Germany having been on the far right contributed to this interpretation as well. Nazists were far right, Communists far left - it is easier to see it as a one-dimensional line for most people, while in reality there are many more dimensions, and, for example, nationalism was widespread both in Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Soviet Union (antisemitism, for one).

Reptilians, of course!

But I know what he/she means... A group which has been a scapegoat since the dawn of civilization. I'm not surprised to see its mention on these forums either.

<snip>
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-16 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Removed anti-semitic image

O.O Hardcore Christian folk are the ones I hear screaming the most about the "PC culture" of the left, as in they want to break down public decorum/politeness into nothingness, so I don't think this is a religious issue but more an everyone issue.
    You do realise that most of the western way of life for the past 1500 years has been because of Christianity right?

Lefty PC brigade want to rewrite history to suit there agenda but there is nothing they can do about reality and the written record of it.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    You do realise that most of the western way of life for the past 1500 years has been because of Christianity right?

Lefty PC brigade want to rewrite history to suit there agenda but there is nothing they can do about reality and the written record of it.
    Mostly trying to break away from its traditions, but sure Christianity was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I feel the same way. What scares me the most is the return of the far-right to prominence. What scares me is the growing amount of people who buy into a whole other narrative and worldview propelled by so-called alternative media and misinformation shared through social media. I fear how distorted facts and conspiracy theories that used to be viewed as legitimate by only a fringe part of the population is now believed by a sizable proportion of our citizenry. I feel that liberal democracy - our very form of government - is under serious threat from within.

Sadly the sense that we stand united is a relatively new phenomenon. 100 years ago the West had been divided for 1,500 years since the collapse of the (Western) Roman Empire. There were no history of unity to speak of. Europe was a continent of war throughout the Middle Ages. Then we took our fights to new places during the Age of Discovery. The height of our division was reached in the Great War 100 years ago. A showdown of which the aftermath laid the playing field for the ultimate rift of Western civilization that would see political extremes tear us up to the brink of annihilation. Only with the death of millions and years of devastation and the horrors of war would the Greatest Generation arise to set us on a path of unity and peace beginning in the late 1940's and early 1950's. Here we are some 70 years later and the Greatest Generation has died off. No longer around to remind the baby boomer generation of lessons learned, neglect by the baby boomers who are the wealthiest most prosperous generation in the history of the world has resulted in a complete animosity and apathy towards the achievements of the past 70 years by the current generation. Instead we are moving closer to seeing this period of time being an extraordinary exception in our history rather than our future.

Sorry for trying to upstage your doom and gloom rather than provide examples of what binds us together.
    I really hope that the right does rise again to balance it out because the path of the left will only lead to ruin and misery.

You are right though the past few generations have eroded society to a point now where ego and selfishness are idolised at the expense at what is important.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    the MIDwest and the valleys are doing fine, its you mother fucking people on the coasts that fuck everything up. Literally, youre the worst type of person.

If i were trump id build two walls, one on the western side of the rockies and one on the eastern side of the appalachians.
    Seconded. Lets get that petition going

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Mostly trying to break away from its traditions, but sure Christianity was involved.
    It wasn't just involved, it has been the central piece of our way of life.

Every pillar of our civilisation has had Christianity at it's core and is the main reason that the west prospered.