Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    True multitasker
    They removed multitask

10+ Year Old Account
    So umm have I just not played in a long time or did they disable the ability to not display cloaks and helms?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So umm have I just not played in a long time or did they disable the ability to not display cloaks and helms?
    Gotta go to a transmog guy now to hide them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Gotta go to a transmog guy now to hide them.
    Odd...lol

Thanks for the info!

Clearing this up, the Broken Shore, the Demon invasions, the Dreadlord whispers, Karazhan/Ulduar stuff, are ALL prepatch. The only thing that isn't prepatch is the Broken Isles themselves and class order halls. Demon Hunters come a few weeks before launch on the 30th DURING the prepatch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Clearing this up, the Broken Shore, the Demon invasions, the Dreadlord whispers, Karazhan/Ulduar stuff, are ALL prepatch. The only thing that isn't prepatch is the Broken Isles themselves and class order halls. Demon Hunters come a few weeks before launch on the 30th DURING the prepatch.
    Does Blizz even have any plans of putting any of that stuff on PTR before launch? Seems like they're intentionally withholding that content for everyone to experience it at the same time (outside of beta).

Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    Does Blizz even have any plans of putting any of that stuff on PTR before launch? Seems like they're intentionally withholding that content for everyone to experience it at the same time (outside of beta).
    Hard to say. If so the phasing seems off right now as Anduin is alone in Stormwind, which shouldn't be the case pre-BS.

Yay. Just needed to sleep a few hours and char copy works first try

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    It's possible that Blizzard could put the Demon Hunter patch on the PTR once the current patch goes live just to test things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

So i downloaded the PTR from account management, clicked on it, and it updated battlenet, but after it it said "Sorry you have not been invited to play this game yet".

Any ideas?

edit: nvm, had to create a PTR account from services in account management.
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-06-16 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocidal View Post
    Hard to say. If so the phasing seems off right now as Anduin is alone in Stormwind, which shouldn't be the case pre-BS.
    I think Anduin is going to be there from level one. They removed the quest 'my son, the prince' (Level 84 quest) so they wouldn't have to phase Varian back in.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish blizzard would give us some level 100 mobs to hit. Beating on training dummies doesn't give a good idea of how good our spec is and getting to Tanaan is nearly impossible due to instability issues causing crashes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aww yeah. Got my characters copied. TIME TO HAVE FUN!

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, my frost dk is amazing and so is my enhancement shaman. HOW CAN I GO TO DEMON HUNTER IF THIS IS WHAT I GET?!?!?!?

Unholy feels badass and awesome. Love this.

Any idea how we get glyphs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post

Any idea how we get glyphs?
    I believe inscription makes them. They are cosmetic only and are one time uses, don't know how to get rid of their cosmetic effect once used.

7+ Year Old Account
    my ptr still says warlords. does it change to legion if im able to access it or is it supposed to say warlords. on allte net it says warlords as well. how to i access it?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    my ptr still says warlords. does it change to legion if im able to access it or is it supposed to say warlords. on allte net it says warlords as well. how to i access it?
    Mine says Warlords too, but the Server is at patch 7.0.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    It still says warlords but it is the Legion ptr. Just log on it and look for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post

I found myself really liking it - not sure I'll wind up playing it, but I really like what they've done with it.

I think they've done a fantastic job with the Talent system. For each spec I tried playing the base rotation without talents, then slowly started to introduce them to tinker with it individually.

It was most noticeable in Shaman, but most specs have completely divergent play styles depending on the talents you choose. Enhancement can be painfully slow, or really fast and require lots of maintenance. Affliction locks can manage five dots and try to maximize UA, or just two (plus UA) and spend more time on channeling, which probably yields more consistent damage. Fury can be specced into a chaotic clusterfuck, which winds up being incredibly fun. Assassination rogues can play like they always have, or add Hemo and Exsanguination for some extra speed/maintenance and controlled burst.

I kinda felt Outlaw was just going to be Combat 2.0 (and you can spec into that, if you'd like), but it genuinely feels like a brand new spec. RTD creates a very dynamic gameplay element where you have to adjust the speed of your rotation depending on what you rolled.

I do agree that they've really cut down on the tank rotation, probably to the detriment of the role. Prot warrior feels too slow, honestly, and has an identity crisis - for all the good work they've done with Fury and Arms, Prot doesn't feel so great. Blood DK feels okay to play, and Prot paladin isn't too bad. Haven't tried Guardian / Brewmaster because I don't play them live, though I would like a chance to tinker. It's hard to gauge effectiveness without live targets or real tanking scenarios, so I'll reserve judgement.

I'm really impressed. Can't wait to test everything out on something beyond a target dummy. Now that Character Copies appear to be working, going to play around in the open world.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2016-06-16 at 01:49 PM.

Fiddled around w/ my 744 copied Mage for a bit. Arcane feels really clunky as does Frost. Fire seems to be the clear winner for the pre-patch but it still feels weaker than its live iteration. Didn't really try min/max'ing anything so it could change once more established builds/rotations become popular.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason things are weaker might be because of the stat scaling change. It starts out higher when in lower ilvl, but doesn't scale as drastically as it would on live.