Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    If they don't change Blood of Sargeras, which I'm almost positive they will because the outcry has been fairly loud, then yes you will need to drop something for a gathering profession. The way it's currently setup the only reliable way to get BoS is from gathering, and BoS are required for many crafts in the same way Savage Blood/Felblight are currently.
    Why would they changed it when they've used the same system in almost all other expansions? With that said you can get Blood of Sargeras from Fishing. And considering you don't spend time gathering material, then you still have to spend time gathering the Blood even if it's through Fishing. I see no issue with this. The Fishing Artifact says something about Blood of Sargeras if I remember correctly.

I'm going to stay double crafting on my main, Eng/LW but I've already leveled mining on my BS and leveled LW on my skinner, plus converted a few extra Eng/Tailor bots to Tailor/Enchant bots just because I only want so much hassle in my day and they're really making it so you have to jump through hoops for these professions. Still trying to decide on what my primary Demon Hunter is even going to be prof wise so have to consider that as well.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why would they changed it when they've used the same system in almost all other expansions? With that said you can get Blood of Sargeras from Fishing. And considering you don't spend time gathering material, then you still have to spend time gathering the Blood even if it's through Fishing. I see no issue with this. The Fishing Artifact says something about Blood of Sargeras if I remember correctly.
    What expansion did they have an BoP item that was primarily obtained through gathering professions be a highly sought after item for crafting professions?

Getting the fishing artifact to even get the bloods is looking to be an even bigger grind the the water strider mount grind in WoD was. Meaning, it's not going to be a viable solution to any but a very tiny percent who are extreme fishermen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Getting the fishing artifact to even get the bloods is looking to be an even bigger grind the the water strider mount grind in WoD was. Meaning, it's not going to be a viable solution to any but a very tiny percent who are extreme fishermen.
    Honestly the water strider mount wasn't that big of a fishing grind, even prior to the open water fishing buff instead of hunting schools.
    On average it takes 8h of dedicated fishing to do it if you do it effectively.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What expansion did they have an BoP item that was primarily obtained through gathering professions be a highly sought after item for crafting professions?
    MoP, Spirit of Harmony

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    MoP, Spirit of Harmony
    everyone and their grandma were dropping lesser ones that you could turn in for them.

no, simple becouse blood of saregeras are bop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    no, simple becouse blood of saregeras are bop
    you wanted to say YES right ? or it does not make sense x.x

Many professions will be fine without a gathering to back it up.
    BS/LW/Tailoring you probably want to be able to get a steady income of Blood unless your working purely for yourself.
    Alchemy/Insciption have a limited need(Trinkets) Enchanting doesnt need it at all.
    Havn't looked at engineering.

Jewelcrafting is a bit in the middle. need it for rings/necks but gems don't.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    you wanted to say YES right ? or it does not make sense x.x
    no, i wanted to quote the dude who say "is better to have and alt with 2 gather professions" but i failed

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    everyone and their grandma were dropping lesser ones that you could turn in for them.
    I know, it was still BoP tho.

MoP, Spirit of Harmony
    Nope sorry that doesn't fit the question I asked.

Those we also obtained from every other mob in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, it was still BoP tho.
    Doesn't matter, I said bop AND PRIMARILY obtained from gathering professions.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    blah blah blah...

It's essentially the same situation for double gatherers in Legion. Much BoS, limited uses. It's double crafters who get the short end here because of lack of mob farming.

I like that BoS is BoP. Outcry isnt that huge.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    Except your alt will have all the bloods and nothing to use them on ...
    Once you have a ton of blood, switch one back to a crafting profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Once you have a ton of blood, switch one back to a crafting profession.
    or you know

instead of releveling 600-700 lvl in a profession AGAIN maybe just MAYBE they could fix this crap....

i hope it stays bop

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Good news for those who enjoy fishing, there's a trait on the legendary fishing pole that grants a chance to catch Blood of Sargeras when fishing in the Broken Isles.
    Good? lol. Fishing pole requires catching all the coins in new dalaran fountain. By the time you catch all those, we'll be at the end of second legion's raid tier, lol.

IMO BoS being BoP is a proof that Blizzard devs have literally no brains. I also love how they spit their nonsense in interviews "We believe that having one gathering and one crafting profession is a right way to do crafting", fuck my life Blizz, what gathering profession I need to take with Tailoring? With Enchanting? I was tailor/enchanter since BC, and it worked just fine, and now it is suddenly not good? Dumb fuckers.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-20 at 02:31 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Good? lol. Fishing pole requires catching all the coins in new dalaran fountain. By the time you catch all those, we'll be at the end of second legion's raid tier, lol.

IMO BoS being BoP is a proof that Blizzard devs have literally no brains. I also love how they spit their nonsense in interviews "We believe that having one gathering and one crafting profession is a right way to do crafting", fuck my life Blizz, what gathering profession I need to take with Tailoring? With Enchanting? I was tailor/enchanter since BC, and it worked just fine, and now it is suddenly not good? Dumb fuckers.
    AFAIK you don't need BoS for enchants and you get it by disenchanting, running dungeons and world quests so it shouldn't be a problem.