Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljo View Post
    For what reason do you need to own a machine explicitly designed for efficient homicide, except to use it for just that?

I wouldn't consider using any kind of firearm for a recreational hobby to be responsible behaviour, no matter how careful you are with it. That is literally the exact opposite of responsible.
    It's really not. I wouldn't even classify it as a machine.

A more efficient mode of homicide would be chemical warfare.

Muh scary gunz. Eugene Stoners family isn't Eugene Stoner, who gives a shit what they have to say?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu_subway_fire
    Ban assault...uh whatever things stuff.
    Last edited by Jingoism; 2016-06-16 at 04:06 PM.
    Working on my next ban.

For what reason do you need to own a machine explicitly designed for efficient homicide, except to use it for just that?

I wouldn't consider using any kind of firearm for a recreational hobby to be responsible behaviour, no matter how careful you are with it. That is literally the exact opposite of responsible.
    I'm not even sure how someone can argue with this logic.

So my only response is: Well, ok then...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    There is no responsable use of a firearm.
    Hunting overpopulated animals, defending yourself from an attacker, sport shooting at the Olympics are a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Who invented the gun?
    A quick google search could answer that ya know?

Edit: Fine. I'll do the leg work for you.

The Brynzantines I guess. The point I made was that in every single era of history the gun was used by the military. So saying that the inventor of one particular gun did not intend it for civilian use is kinda stupid.

Also, if anything the AR-15 is in fact modified for civilian use., If it was not, it would be an M-16. So OP's entire point is dumb on two fronts
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-06-16 at 04:10 PM.

Who invented the gun?
    Probably the Chinese ...this is why we need to build a wall.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    A quick google search could answer that ya know?
    I asked you though since you brought it up in the thread.

There is no responsable use of a firearm.
    Wtf did I just read? So everyone, everywhere that shoots a firearm is irresponsible. Wow. So much for you having any credibility.

Right to self determination

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Wtf did I just read? So everyone, everywhere that shoots a firearm is irresponsible. Wow. So much for you having any credibility.
    That also means no police or military use

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Hunting overpopulated animals, defending yourself from an attacker, sport shooting at the Olympics are a few examples.
    No you don't understand, he stamped his feet, shut his eyes real tight, clenched his fist, and deemed under no circumstances what so ever on this planet could a gun be used responsibly.

15+ Year Old Account
    You realize the inventor of the gun (as in all guns) did not invent it with civilians in mind right?

So what's your point?

I could explain that 90% of the luxuries you enjoy now was not originally invented for civilian use. Like that sweet sweet tempur pedic mattress you got. The materials in it was not invented with civilians in mind.

And what the fuck does his family know?
    My point is that if these are military firearms, we citizens should demand that the government give us the same marketplace the military has when purchasing their weapons, because if we don't get access to the marketplace, we won't have a well regulated militia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "We feel."

Disregarded right there, you can "feel" all you want, he died almost 20 years ago so unless you can dig up him explicitly saying "I never wanted this weapon in the hands of civilians" they can shove their interpretations of how he felt up his cold dead bloated corpse.
    Read the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    My point is that if these are military firearms, we citizens should demand that the government give us the same marketplace the military has when purchasing their weapons, because if we don't get access to the marketplace, we won't have a well regulated militia.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the article.
    No thanks, the civilian market:

A. Can get the same products for cheaper
    B. Can get better quality products

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Because the SCOTUS says so.
    That's such an egregious violation of my 2nd amendment rights.

I asked you though since you brought it up in the thread.
    Answered. And the question is irrelevant. The point is that since the earliest days of known history, guns were used for warfare.

Saying one particular model that was actually specifically designed for civilian use was not intended for civilian use is so wrong that it makes my head hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Nature has feedback loops for overpopulation, guns are offensive. A shield would decent better against an attack.

Sports are not responsible.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can. You just need to modify them to be de-militarized.

You can buy a tank so long as the gun is disabled. They can even be street legal. So buy that 50 cal. Hell, you don't even have to modify it. My friend has a 50 cal rifle.

The machine gun will have to be modified so it cannot shoot full auto...kinda like civilian AR-15's.

And you see why you people can't get your restrictions passed? You don't even know what you are talking about. At least learn some shit first.
    But I want the same access to weapons as the military has, because my militia won't be well regulated without it. I don't want to modify it, I want it exactly how the military has it.

Sports are not responsible.
    Well he said so people, so I guess /thread ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No thanks, the civilian market:

A. Can get the same products for cheaper
    B. Can get better quality products
    We can't get nearly the amount of weapons that the military has to choose from. I want an electromagnetic railgun to protect me and my family.

Because its fun :P

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    While this could have gone a different direction, it's basically back to gun control, so I'm closing this, as we have a gun control megathread.