Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    If you ever listened to a lecture about film biz they would tell you that home entertainment, blueray sale and merchandise are as important or more important than box office income.

Some are panicking too really. If it happens, good for us, If no sequel, we should feel lucky we saw it on the big screen.
    5 to 10 years ago, I'd agree with you. But today, the home entertainment market is rapidly changing with the advent of VoD services like Amazon Prime and Netflix. The overhead for DVD sales are not as enormous as they were in the past. The other thing to consider is that a lot of this principle is based on what has previously been almost exclusively domestic evidence. So far, the movie's domestic box office performance has not been successful at all which I would imagine doesn't bode extraordinarily well for its potential in home entertainment (in the US... who knows what China's home entertainment market looks like).
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-06-16 at 04:27 PM. Reason: words

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    im comparing Warcraft movie which had Duncan Jones as director to another movie which had Duncan Jones as director. (Source Code) had 32m budget but gained $147 millions

Titanic used as example, and Titanic is probably not "second highest grossing movie of all time" there is also list Highest-grossing franchises and film series, High-grossing films by year of release, and highest-grossing films adjusted for inflation

well Titanic is "second highest grossing movie of all time" but it depents how you look on it

Highest-grossing films adjusted for inflation as of 2014

1 Gone with the Wind $3,440,000,000 1939
    2 Avatar $3,020,000,000 2009
    3 Star Wars $2,825,000,000 1977
    4 Titanic T$2,516,000,000 1997
    5 The Sound of Music $2,366,000,000 1965
    6 E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial $2,310,000,000 1982
    7 The Ten Commandments $2,187,000,000 1956
    8 Doctor Zhivago $2,073,000,000 1965
    9 Jaws $2,027,000,000 1975
    10 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs S$1,819,000,000 1937
    You are still comparing a week to a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    We'll know whether it's successful by the time its theatrical run is over...which at this rate will likely be within a month or so. While the home DVD/Blu-ray market still exists, movies make the bulk of their profit during their time in theaters.
    i would actually say that DVD/Blu-ray will make more money since this is a movie with rewatchability to it and there are a lot of geeks out there that will buy expensive editions to it. im really surprised that people are saying its a loss at less than a week after release anyway. This is the type of movie that i could see making more money in the long run than the short run because the trailers made it look worse than it is and blizzard has been disappointing people lately with World of Warcraft. They will make a profit off this and hopefully they will try to make a sequel because i left the theater impressed by the emotional impact the movie makes and the performances of many of the actors on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a mega-thread available for all discussion of the Warcraft movie, both artistic and financial. Please post your opinions there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."