Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You mean when 50 people get gunned down in a nighclub, or when a school full of children gets attacked?

You have a gun problem, we don't. This is rare in the UK precisely because of our gun laws.

Your trying to equate one person being shot by a lone whacko, to a mass shooting every other week. Do you understand how retarded that makes you sound?
    I am not trying to equate anything. You did that.

I am simply saying that if you don't want people bringing american politics into a thread about a gun incident in another nation, don't bring other nations gun laws into an American thread as an example.

I'll word it different for you.

Cat poops on the floor = you chime in on how dogs are so great.
    Your dog poops on the floor = I chime in on how dogs poop too and you ask me to stop bringing cats into your dog thread.

Yes america has a gun problem, but you getting mad cause I am talking about american politics in here is hypocritical. If that is the rule then you need to speak up when people bring other nations gun laws into an american thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    "Falling down the stairs" is a euphemism for the police beating the shit out of him in custody. He deserves it.
    Justice doesn't work that way. He's still a suspect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Must be a lie. No where else in the world has guns except the U.S.

This is obviously made up.
    i hope your not being serious, gun crime does happen in the UK but very rarely its nothin like USA, and she is dead cos its on BBC news website even though they post biased bullshit and sometimes lie, this isnt a lie,

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Jo Cox certainly didn't deserve this, not in any way you can try to spin it.
    No one does. It's stupid as shit. I never could understand why people get so bent outta shape over a disagreement. The entire purpose of politics is to enact change without need of violence. Once violence is introduced, it defeats the purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Erm... ^^^
    No one cares.
    You should. Learning facts could help you persuade people for more reasonable gun laws. But you go on not caring about facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I don't know what is more sad, the death of a mother or a thread using someone's death to push agendas and throw political crap to each other...
    MMO-Champion at its finest.

So, wait. Now it matters what he said before attacking? Make up your mind people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Justice doesn't work that way. He's still a suspect.
    tbh id beat the shit out of him, just cos labour wanna vote remai this crazy psycho kills an MP cos hes asically a far right extremist, even the leave campaign will mourn and be shocked they may have different views to the remain side but not all of them are crazy murdering scum like this man

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame that this descended in to a fallacious argument about Britain 'banning' guns by people like temp guy.

Feel for the kids, was only the other day she was out on a boat with them, fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, wait. Now it matters what he said before attacking? Make up your mind people.
    tbh people are still gonna vote leave despite this, you should vote for your own interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I am not trying to equate anything. You did that.

I am simply saying that if you don't want people bringing american politics into a thread about a gun incident in another nation, don't bring other nations gun laws into an American thread as an example.

I'll word it different for you.

Cat poops on the floor = you chime in on how dogs are so great.
    Your dog poops on the floor = I chime in on how dogs poop too and you ask me to stop bringing cats into your dog thread.

Yes america has a gun problem, but you getting mad cause I am talking about american politics in here is hypocritical. If that is the rule then you need to speak up when people bring other nations gun laws into an american thread.
    Bringing US politics into a thread on UK gun deaths is not going to work out well for anyone arguing in favour of the US.

In the UK we have about 50 homicides due to firearms a year, scaled up based on differences in population, that would equate to about 250 homicides by firearms in the US each year - they have a tad more than that.

Sad news i'm afraid. Well hope he rots in jail for a long time. Remains to be seen how he obtained the firearm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no wonder that violent extremism happens when our press and government are happy to spread hateful messages and fear-mongering without thought for what it can cause.

Jo Cox's blood is on their hands.

My thoughts are with her family.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    tbh id beat the shit out of him, just cos labour wanna vote remai this crazy psycho kills an MP cos hes asically a far right extremist, even the leave campaign will mourn and be shocked they may have different views to the remain side but not all of them are crazy murdering scum like this man
    "He resorted to violence and I don't like that, so I'd resort to violence if I had the chance!"

ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It's no wonder that violent extremism happens when our press and government are happy to spread hateful messages and fear-mongering without thought for what it can cause.

Jo Cox's blood is on their hands.

My thoughts are with her family.
    Wow, using her death to score fatuous political points. Classy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Sad news i'm afraid. Well hope he rots in jail for a long time. Remains to be seen how he obtained the firearm.
    People have described it as "odd looking" and "antique", he either made it himself or it is something like a broom handled mauser that most people on the street would not recognise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    MMO-Champion at its finest.
    Welcome to reality. Where everything can be used for your ideology or your advantage.

I believe it was a progressive democrat who said "Never let a crisis go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    People have described it as "odd looking" and "antique", he either made it himself or it is something like a broom handled mauser that most people on the street would not recognise.
    Which would put it firmly on the illegal side if it was self made. Antique might be the same depending on the circumstances. Either way I am willing to bet he did not get it legally as it would require a lot of work to get one. Too early to say for now anyways as no further details by the police have been released about the items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Wow, using her death to score fatuous political points. Classy.
    Its not Fatuous, even her mentor said the same thing
    This isn't a question of party politics, all of us have to talk about moderating our language.
    Its about reducing the rhetoric and hyperbole that leads to people becoming hateful towards X or Y that has been worsening in the media nd in politics for the last decade at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Maybe a Webley, there must be loads of them still in circulation and lots of people would think they look antique.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "He resorted to violence and I don't like that, so I'd resort to violence if I had the chance!"

ok.
    Meh, it's human nature. As a historian I find it amusing, but inevitable. It's what we as humans do. The weaker humans rely on the strong to do their bidding, or the shoot up a bunch of unarmed soft targets. It's what betas do.