Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will selling loot become a thing?

Reading through the personal loot change and keeping in mind that loot scales to your ilv (A mythic raider will get mythic gear in lfr for example).

Do you think we will see higher end players selling lfr runs to trade their loot to another for hefty sums of gold or am I scheming to early?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Reading through the personal loot change and keeping in mind that loot scales to your ilv (A mythic raider will get mythic gear in lfr for example).

Do you think we will see higher end players selling lfr runs to trade their loot to another for hefty sums of gold or am I scheming to early?
    Loot runs are already a thing. And if it gets high-end raiders into LFR, who cares?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

It's already a thing, for gold and real money.

Selling boosts is already a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carries for gold and real money have been a thing for almost forever.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Carries for gold and real money have been a thing for almost forever.
    Well yeah... I mean more on a individual level though. I could use some extra coin selling felsteel annihilator and heroic carries don't pay all of the bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that if it's LFR or whatever, the other person would have to be on your server, since you still can't trade gold across servers. I imagine that would make it a lot more difficult to make sales.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah... I mean more on a individual level though. I could use some extra coin selling felsteel annihilator and heroic carries don't pay all of the bills.
    On a individual I knew a few super geared dps/tanks that whored themselves out when mythic dungeons came out.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

(A mythic raider will get mythic gear in lfr for example).
    Can you link the source and quote of this please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    yeah, I missed that. I can't see them having Mythic geared raiders getting more Mythic gear in LFR and then being allowed to trade/sell it to the other LFRaiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    and keeping in mind that loot scales to your ilv (A mythic raider will get mythic gear in lfr for example).
    I'm pretty sure that's not true, that ALL loot scales with ilevel. The devs have said that world quest rewards will have some ilevel scaling (not infinite, and they haven't said how much), to keep the rewards relevant a bit longer. I've never seen anything suggesting that raid or dungeon loot will scale with ilevel, just that it can roll Titanforged (regardless of your ilevel).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Figured if loot is going to scale with your item level and you can now trade loot that isn't a upgrade for you ilv wise...

Well who has the highest ilv ^.^

7+ Year Old Account
    that loot scales to your ilv (A mythic raider will get mythic gear in lfr for example).
    I don't think they ever said that.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not true, that ALL loot scales with ilevel. The devs have said that world quest rewards will have some ilevel scaling (not infinite, and they haven't said how much), to keep the rewards relevant a bit longer. I've never seen anything suggesting that raid or dungeon loot will scale with ilevel, just that it can roll Titanforged (regardless of your ilevel).
    Hmm currently on beta dungeon loot can. LFR is marked in the journal to but it isn't out yet so I don't know.

its going to end up like dragon soul lfr where people will try to milk others for the drops they received

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    its going to end up like dragon soul lfr where people will try to milk others for the drops they received
    Since DS had a set number of drops and everyone rolled NEED and then tried to sell/trade what they got....and in this case, it's all personal loot...I can't really agree that it's going to be the same. No one's losing out if someone decides to sell their Personal Loot drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Figured if loot is going to scale with your item level and you can now trade loot that isn't a upgrade for you ilv wise...

Well who has the highest ilv ^.^
    i might be wrong here but they said you can get stuff with mythic ilvl everywhere on a super low drop chance ( like myhtic dungeon now). I don't think they ever said loot scale with your ilvl.

also you can't trade gold crossrealm
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-06-16 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only loot that scales to your ilvl is world quests iirc, that's how it is on Beta currently. Mythic+ runs do get a higher base ilvl drop depending on level, but it could get difficult to carry people through those compared to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    i might be wrong here but they said you can get stuff with mythic ilvl everywhere on a super low drop chance ( like myhtic dungeon now). I don't think they ever said loot scale with your ilvl.
    Those are two different things. Any loot can proc mythic save i think it is 5 ilvs below it.

All loot starts with a base ilv that slowly increases as your overall ilv increases.

They are two different systems.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Carries and trades for loot has existed in the game since it became possible to do so...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!