Deleted
    I'm not on Beta, so this is highly speculative. Taking the following talents- Heartbreaker, rapid decomposition, ossuary and red thirst. Using artifact relics to get Vampiric fangs to level 6 for 35% max hp and 35% increased healing on Vampiric blood. If you can manage 2-3 death strikes every ten seconds (I have no clue what RP generation is like on the beta) you can get about 40% uptime (or greater with 3+ death strikes every ten seconds) on a 65% max hp + 65% increased healing received VB. This looks insane.

Am I missing some gigantic flaw in this plan?

Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    At one point, someone on the official forums posted screenshots of how only the leech portion applied to the first DS, while the increased damage portion only worked if you already had blood shield active. I remember reading somewhere that this was then changed so both effects only apply when you have a blood shield from a previous DS.
    That's why it'd be nice if someone could actually test this in the alpha. I understand UT would be useless if that's true, but our other golden dragon traits are borderline useless as well. On the other hand, if DS always benefitted from UT, it would be absurdly strong, probably the best trait of all artifacts. 50% bonus damage on your biggest damage source is ridiculous, even ignoring the leech entirely.
    Yea you are right.
    "only the leech portion applied to the first DS, while the increased damage portion only worked if you already had blood shield active."

88k hit DS is the fresh one where as the 131k one is with Blood Shield Up
    Tooltip is for the fresh DS fyi.
    So basically unending thirst is a free 50% leech from DS, the damage boost is situational.
    Also as you can see there is quite a lag time between the DS and the leech registering as mentioned by FenixAu in previous pages (Touch of the Undead procced in between my DS and the leech application and I got healed from Leech from the Touch)
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    When melee swing doesn't land in that window (i.e. the trait works as it should):
    http://i.imgur.com/PJqrH3V.jpg

When melee swing does land in that window (i.e. when the trait is absolutely useless):
    http://i.imgur.com/l6RIiC1.jpg

Extremely unlikely? Well, feel free to have at it on a tanking dummy and see for yourself. It happens quite regularly.

It has the potential to be an extremely powerful trait, since yes, it gives a 50% leech from the damage of DS. But it breaks if melee swings land in that window.
    Not sure how it means I'd be 'using DS wrong' either. I drop to x%. I hit Death Strike. If a melee swing lands during the (brief) window between Death Strike healing and Death Strike doing damage, the trait provides no leech whatsoever. Anyone at all can replicate this on the beta with a tanking dummy. Go ahead. Hop on the PvP realm, make a Blood DK and go swing on the dummy. It'll take you less than 20 seconds to see it for yourself. It occurs quite frequently. It'll happen even more frequently when you're fighting multiple enemies.
    So if you get trucked hard enough and at the right time you might not even get the leech from DS damage. Hopefully they will fix this or maybe its just the ping in beta.
    Still better than Skeletal Shattering or Umbilicus Eternus IMO unless you are lucky enough to get Service of Gorefiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleus View Post
    I'm not on Beta, so this is highly speculative. Taking the following talents- Heartbreaker, rapid decomposition, ossuary and red thirst. Using artifact relics to get Vampiric fangs to level 6 for 35% max hp and 35% increased healing on Vampiric blood. If you can manage 2-3 death strikes every ten seconds (I have no clue what RP generation is like on the beta) you can get about 40% uptime (or greater with 3+ death strikes every ten seconds) on a 65% max hp + 65% increased healing received VB. This looks insane.

Am I missing some gigantic flaw in this plan?
    Yea it works even better with Service of Gorefiend but I think Shackles of Bryndaor is BiS legendary
    Last edited by Milocow; 2016-06-14 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Deleted
    question to the people who have played blood dk at lvl 110 in longer fights

right now, when im trying blood dk on the pvp beta realm with a 110 premade dk and testing it on a target dummy for several minutes, after a few minutes i often find myself in a situation where i have like 4 or 5 seconds with nothing to do, as soon as i burned through all the charges on blood tap (usually after 1,5 minutes to 2 minutes). Does this get better when you progress with gear (especially haste, since you only got around 2% in premade gear) or is this the way it will be at raiding (considering i only use marrowrend when my stacks fall off at a target dummy, so i actually fear that this situation will only get worse at raiding when you have to refresh bone shield more often and spend 2 runes on marrowrend). I am playing mostly with heartbreader and the DnD talent in the 2nd row, if that makes any difference (felt like the most dmg single target at 110)

RIP Consumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    RIP Consumption.
    Isn't too much of a loss to be honnest, just less of a panic button :>

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Isn't too much of a loss to be honnest, just less of a panic button :>
    Do we have much of a panic button now? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not in beta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcast View Post
    Do we have much of a panic button now? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not in beta
    Consumption, the artifact ability, is kinda a panic button. When you're on 10% health because of a big pull and dont have the resources to get back to 100% hp with DS. Consumption will take you straight to 100% again, now it just requires a few more targets than before.

Deleted
    I really doubt you will even notice the consumption nerf.. It used to overheal for soooooooooooooooooo much its silly. Now it will just overheal for a bit less :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Consumption was overhealing with crap gear, just wait till our Maw is at a decent level and it'll still do high levels of healing on single target.

I think everyone saw that nerf coming a mile away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    I really doubt you will even notice the consumption nerf.. It used to overheal for soooooooooooooooooo much its silly. Now it will just overheal for a bit less :P
    Well the nerf is actually huge. From 200% healing off 340% weap damage, to 100% healing off 250% weap damage.
    I'm not in beta, was Consumption overhealing for so much that it required more than half of its power cut?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Well the nerf is actually huge. From 200% healing off 340% weap damage, to 100% healing off 250% weap damage.
    I'm not in beta, was Consumption overhealing for so much that it required more than half of its power cut?
    Only points I ever used it before was on bosses for dmg and big packs of adds if I get close to death. It still does the job with big pulls, still overheals massively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Only points I ever used it before was on bosses for dmg and big packs of adds if I get close to death. It still does the job with big pulls, still overheals massively.
    Well, glad to hear they at least didn't destory consumption

Deleted
    I've had 1m+ heals from 1 crit on 1 mob. It really didn't resemble balance in any way. The heal can crit, off the damage which also can crit. its silly.

I'm at 760+ ilvl and consumption heals me around 10% of my health noncrit single target
    Also anyone else's marrowrend damage bugged? Mine is hitting way lower damage than the tooltip damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    Also anyone else's marrowrend damage bugged? Mine is hitting way lower damage than the tooltip damage
    Can't vouch for beta, put on the PTR, yes--Marrowrend is hitting for around ~40% of Heart Strike.

Deleted
    Death Strike being too spammable in Haste gear? Perish the thought! 13 Death Strikes per minute on single target is way too little!

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    multistrike likes on

in the sense its unpredictable, uncontrollable, and unreliable

I don't know in Beta I was able to do very well I could pull a shit ton of mobs and kill them all with almost full life, but on the PTR I'm getting eaten alive. It's like my runes are just to slow regen. Now I haven't retested my DK on the Beta server since before the most recent nerf, but I didn't think it was going to be that bad. All I know right now is I can live about 3 times longer on my warrior than I can my DK vs tank dummy. Just seems like my DS are hitting for much less.

been testing blood on the PTR since i dont have beta. i really feel the 1.5 GCD, and i dont like it one bit. makes the spec feel so much more slow. the fast pace fof blood is what i liked about it.

also can someone explain the purpose of bonestorm? you have to save up runic power just to use it, if its meant to be a heal, the amount of runic power you need to use it makes it impossible to guess when youll really need the heal, and since tanks are so nerfed now, youll always need that runic power for death strike right? ami missing something? that talent seems completely useless in its current state, unless mainly for the damage.

none of the tanks make me really feel like bothering tanking at all. we dont do dmg, we cant defend ourselves. whats the point?
    Last edited by chaos61988; 2016-06-18 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos61988 View Post
    been testing blood on the PTR since i dont have beta. i really feel the 1.5 GCD, and i dont like it one bit. makes the spec feel so much more slow. the fast pace fof blood is what i liked about it.
    Got a feeling haste will be very important in the raiding scene for a Blood DK. So you'll solve it with the stats.