Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

How do you play the flick style?

So i watch seagull streams sometimes... and he is a fucking amazing hanzo. But i cant seem to do the ol flick of the aim like he does. Is there any trick to this? I try doing it i either overshoot or don't hit anywhere near them.

15+ Year Old Account
    A ridiculous amount of practice?

No clue what you mean by flick of the aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    No clue what you mean by flick of the aim.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uS7...utu.be&t=3m22s

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    So i watch seagull streams sometimes... and he is a fucking amazing hanzo. But i cant seem to do the ol flick of the aim like he does. Is there any trick to this? I try doing it i either overshoot or don't hit anywhere near them.
    It's mostly practice but a key part of it is predicting where the enemy will go and time your shot to it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Filthy console peasant.

Filthy console peasant.
    I'm not sure who you mean. The guy that made the video def plays on PC. If you mean me, I've been playing OW on PC.

I meant him. I find it hard to believe he plays on PC, those mouse movements are way too rigid. I know he even says mouse in the video. The only time the mouse movements seem right is when he misses.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean the guy makes it look easy but its still damn hard to be pinpoint accurate like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What exactly is the point of this anyway? To exploit some design flaw in the game? I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason why doing a jerky motion like that in the general direction of the target just before you shoot is of any use unless it's meant to somehow confuse the net code or something.

EDIT: Reading up on it, I see it's being used in CS:GO at least, and apparently it is, in fact, meant to exploit shitty net code in some way. Not surprised.
    I'm confused, what is the relation beetween aiming super fast with muscle memory and netcode? And even more with shitty netcode or exploit and design flaw?
    Last edited by mmocbc562de0cc; 2016-06-17 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With an aimbot usually. I know you can do stuff like this with a giant mousepad and very low sensitivity, but as others have said this looks a little too rigid and mechanical. Or maybe he's just on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    I'm confused, what is the relation beetween aiming super fast with muscle memory and netcode? And even more with shitty netcode or exploit and design flaw?
    Blizzard said the game rules for the shooter. If the shooter's client reports a hit to the server, it will be accepted over the target's client report of avoiding it.
    So if you do it fast enough, you win the lag game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Blizzard said the game rules for the shooter. If the shooter's client reports a hit to the server, it will be accepted over the target's client report of avoiding it.
    So if you do it fast enough, you win the lag game.
    Oh, you mean that, yeah i get it. Though in a local mp game with virtually no lag, i don't see the issue of flick shot itself.
    Yeah, i personnally think this favoir the shooter is crap as hell. It's infuriating for the covered player to die and then be like 5m back in the killcam... Where i think it's normal for a laggy player to miss his target even if his reticle is on the target...
    Last edited by mmocbc562de0cc; 2016-06-17 at 11:14 AM.

I meant him. I find it hard to believe he plays on PC, those mouse movements are way too rigid. I know he even says mouse in the video. The only time the mouse movements seem right is when he misses.
    I find it ironic that you call him a console peasant (the guy in the video) when if you have been around pc shooters the term flick shot and the time people have been implementing it has been forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    With an aimbot usually. I know you can do stuff like this with a giant mousepad and very low sensitivity, but as others have said this looks a little too rigid and mechanical. Or maybe he's just on speed.
    Yea sure there are aim botters but anyone who has played high level cs and dsnt use hacks is very aware and uses this ability.

Deleted
    Apparently "flick shot" is the same as "twitch aim", and it seems to date back to Quake and the late 90s. Basically the theory is, that it'll eventually be better and more accurate for you to learn to do those fast "twitches" or "flicks" towards your target and target's head, than it is to actually track the head like an actual sniper would.

I suppose it's mostly up to what you've learned and which way of playing fits you best.

Personally, I never "trained" in a specific style nor have I been very informed with the lingo. Play and you learn and if you keep getting those headshots then you're doing something right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Yea sure there are aim botters but anyone who has played high level cs and dsnt use hacks is very aware and uses this ability.
    Which is why I explained it. Big pad, low sensitivity, use your arm and not your wrist. Again, not disputing it's a thing, just that like others have said, that particular example looks a little too mechanical.

It's a mouse... a game controller can't do that as you literally have to move the aim back to the 'center', where said 'center' point is the natural hand position going back into a relax/comfortable state with the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Which is why I explained it. Big pad, low sensitivity, use your arm and not your wrist. Again, not disputing it's a thing, just that like others have said, that particular example looks a little too mechanical.
    Others? What others? here in this thread. If you have seen flick shots before this is how it looks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Apparently "flick shot" is the same as "twitch aim", and it seems to date back to Quake and the late 90s. Basically the theory is, that it'll eventually be better and more accurate for you to learn to do those fast "twitches" or "flicks" towards your target and target's head, than it is to actually track the head like an actual sniper would.

I suppose it's mostly up to what you've learned and which way of playing fits you best.

Personally, I never "trained" in a specific style nor have I been very informed with the lingo. Play and you learn and if you keep getting those headshots then you're doing something right.
    That and it's more flexible and allows less reaction time. Snipers in games are very different than snipers in real life, in games there is a serious chance of you target firing back and moving unpredictably, so trying and following their head is simply less effective than almost instantly going for the head. Flick shots are extremely effective and probably the number one thing that people call hacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Others? What others? here in this thread. If you have seen flick shots before this is how it looks.
    The posters saying he's using a controller?

I have tried this style myself, doesn't work for me, my hand and forearm have been fucked by tendonitis too long. Doesn't mean it doesn't work for others, or that past experience tells me people using this method so effectively are few and far between and at the level most people are at in OW at this point, they're more likely to see it from aimbotters than people who are genuinely that good.

I'm still not sure what it is you're arguing about, since I've actually explained twice now how to do it.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-17 at 11:55 AM.