Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    If we're going to argue then, then we should also argue that all the human men in the movie should have been CGI'ed to look like heavyweight boxers (including Khadgar).
    Soo... your point is? You just said there was too much CGI. How else should they had done the orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    But that is how the orcs look in the Warcraft universe...
    Except no one understands why they have to look exactly like games. Game Orcs are hunched and not that tall. I still don't understand the plan behind this movie. If this was a 270 million dollar fan service, why write a new story? Cgied or not, Orcs should have been smaller and better proportioned.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're going to argue then, then we should also argue that all the human men in the movie should have been CGI'ed to look like heavyweight boxers (including Khadgar).
    That too. Humans in game are not humans from Australia. Lothar was massive. Looking at box office result, I am at loss of words. Now that China has run out of steam, we are down to counting every million...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Except no one understands why they have to look exactly like games. Game Orcs are hunched and not that tall. I still don't understand the plan behind this movie. If this was a 270 million dollar fan service, why write a new story? Cgied or not, Orcs should have been smaller and better proportioned.
    A jumpy plumber going down into the drains and find a fantasy world of mushrooms and dinosaurs is silly. Lets adapt into an alt Earth where dinosaurs survived the meteor strikes and evolved to humanoid forms, with the king turned into a fungus. And oh, the jumpy plumber should be afraid of heights.

Sarcasm apart, video game adaptation should be faithful to the game itself or else it will fail its main purpose.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-17 at 09:44 AM.

What is even the point of arguing about the designs? How else should it have been like? Is it unwatchable because the orcs are 27% bigger than ingame or that the humans are 14% shorter? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Nope, gaming is way more socially accepted now than it was 20 years ago. However, WoW is a very notable exception to this. If you say you play CoD, BF4 or FIFA nobody will frown upon you. Say you play WoW and see how people react. There's a huge stigma on WoW and it never went away. Even other gamers often look down upon WoW players.
    First time I hear something like that.
    I havent seen anyone doing that and I find it amusing since it requires wquite the lack of self awareness to believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    A jumpy plumber going down into the drains and find a fantasy world of mushrooms and dinosaurs is silly. Let's adapt into an alt Earth where dinosaurs survived the meteor strikes and evolved to humanoid forms, with the king turned into a fungus. And oh, the jumpy plumber should be afraid of heights.

Sarcasm apart, video game adaptation should be faithful to the game itself or else it will fail its main purpose.

To be fair, making the orcs slightly smaller wouldnt be straying too much away from the source material and it is in no way comparable to Mario bros where they only the name in common.
    Orcs used to be smaller and more humanly proportioned in WC1-3 after all.
    They did look a lot more like Mok'nathal in the movie honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    I havent seen anyone doing that and I find it amusing since it requires wquite the lack of self awareness to believe it.
    I wouldn't be entirely too surprised if Lesane is from America. Such a view on WoW would kind of explain why it's doing so badly there.

Of course, my argument is moot if either he's not in America or if you are there.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, making the orcs slightly smaller wouldnt be straying too much away from the source material and it is in no way comparable to Mario bros where they only the name in common.
    Orcs used to be smaller and more humanly proportioned in WC1-3 after all.
    They did look a lot more like Mok'nathal in the movie honestly.
    Speaking of, can't wait for the ogres in the sequel. Think of those hulking towers of flesh, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That too. Humans in game are not humans from Australia. Lothar was massive. Looking at box office result, I am at loss of words. Now that China has run out of steam, we are down to counting every million...
    Heres the thing. Orcs and their proportions have been described already. They are supposed to have human sized heads on bulky bodies. They are alies for Christ sake, who gives a shit how it looks. Aliens arent bound by human standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    been playing wow off and on since its launch. I enjoyed the movie.. did it make sense or 100% follow everything about the game. nope,.. but thats not why I went to see the movie. i went to enjoy and be entertained. and i was not let down, I enjoyed it. 8/10 maybe 8.5 I left at first trying to make sense of all what happend, but then i figured they had to make some concessions somewhere to make it appealing for as many as possible.

For me, it was worth it, the graphics make WoW come to life on the big screen, I hope they make another and continue with the story. could they have done things different.. sure, but i left with my son and wife(never played and knows nothing about wow), she enjoyed it as it was.. .we did not attempt to prepare her or help her understand anything. and she got the plot and felt the movie did its job, bedazzle and wow her with a story, and action..

I did enjoy the small tid-bits of humor tossed around here and their. just my .02

Deleted
    With China's 30% cinema growth in mind wouldnt that factor into the likeliness of a warcraft sequal happening? Especially considering its popularity there?

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft Humans werent bigger than real humans back in warcraft 1-3. It wasnt until WoW that they were modeled bigger to explain going toe to toe with Orcs. For example, the Day of the Dragon book states that one Orc Grunt is equal to 2 Footmen.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends said that the movie was terrible because of lore issues.

I found that these changes are actually pretty good, at least for a movie adaptation. I don't care if they change the lore to make it more cinematic.

It was said early on that some of the lore changes were done to fix things that they weren't necessarily happy with in the original lore. Medan is heavily hated by fans for example so eliminating the romance between garona and medivh and in fact making him her father means he won't happen in the cinematic lore. I think every change was backed or even suggested by blizzard so it's not like it was pure Hollywood butchering source material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Pacific rim made 400 million with a budget of 200 mill (more than WC:tb) and it's getting a sequel.
    And went through a long period of developer hell and "who knows what would happen".

warcrafts sequel isn't in the bag just yet..

About the only way I could see that happen in any way that is guaranteed at this point is if China companies backed it again. Multiple companies taking the risk vs any one company like they did this time. I'm not sure Hollywood is anywhere near ready to jump back into warcraft anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    With China's 30% cinema growth in mind wouldnt that factor into the likeliness of a warcraft sequal happening? Especially considering its popularity there?
    Pretty much. The chances of getting a sequel will be mostly tied to the awareness that the Warcraft franchise could be a worthy investement in the years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So according to this new danish subbed trailer for the movie, just uploaded, 100.000+ has seen the movie in Denmark.
    That's 100.000/21 days = around 4.761 people per day

That's rather good IMO!
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-06-17 at 03:11 PM.

I watched the movie and overall enjoyed the experience, especially as a Warcraft fan.

The Orcs looked amazing and the acting was great on their part. Toby Kebbell did an amazing job as Durotan (the eyes!) but at times he looked a little lost and out of place (intended?), I wish he was a bit more certainty and determination. The Horde side was handled really well.

The Humans were all over the place. I wanted to love Travis Fimmel as Lothar but he ended up looking like a emotional mess. I also found the love story completely pointless and lifeless considering how rushed everything else was. Ben Schnezter as Khadgar stole the show, he did a great job. My biggest disappointment lies in the relationship between Khadgar and Medivh. While Khadgar was crying over Medivh I was thinking "Most people have no idea why he is crying right now", and this was confirmed after the movie when my friends asked me why he was. The relationship between Khadgar and Medivh was nonexistent.

I felt overall that there was no time to form bonds between the characters which made me indifferent to their fate and relationships. It was too rushed and they tried to tell to much or the wrong thing/perspective. I don't understand why they didn't go by the Warcraft book, the story was amazing. They should have put in the destruction of Stormwind too, why did they need to much neutrality in this movie?

I really wanted them to show the world why Warcraft had such a hold on so many people but I felt they missed the mark. As a fan, bring on Warcraft 2 please.

Also, please fix the terrible Archmage costumes, they look ridiculous!
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2016-06-17 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    None of them are socially acceptable in that regard.
    Anyone not invested in video games would view the both of them as childish games for immature nerds.
    But what they don't realise is they are already playing a game of Roy: A Life Well Lived! They're going to be well pissed when they find out the whole life they have just lived was 'just' a game and they played it wrong. When I say wrong, I mean wrong in the sense of how 99% of the Overwatch community play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    I really wanted them to show the world why Warcraft had such a hold on so many people but I felt they missed the mark. As a fan, bring on Warcraft 2 please.
    But isn't it the gameplay that draws people to play? They cannot recreate that in a movie.

Or are people after the story? Because they did really well recreating that in a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    One of my friends said that the movie was terrible because of lore issues.

I found that these changes are actually pretty good, at least for a movie adaptation. I don't care if they change the lore to make it more cinematic.
    Then your friend and people with the same opinion should never watch a piece of media transformed into other media. They will never enjoy the other product.

10+ Year Old Account