Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I can do that with my finger and no tube.
    Ok, that was pretty fucking funny.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    How about they move their fat ass instead and stop eating at McDonald's five times a week?
    You can theoretically lose weight while eating McDonald's, there was a professor that did an experiment awhile back but I can't recall his name.

A HS science teacher lost 56 pounds eating McDonald's every day, but I think he balanced his diet with other things.

http://www.today.com/health/man-lose...ths-2D79329158

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You can theoretically lose weight while eating McDonald's, there was a professor that did an experiment awhile back but I can't recall his name.

A HS science teacher lost 56 pounds eating McDonald's every day, but I think he balanced his diet with other things.

http://www.today.com/health/man-lose...ths-2D79329158
    hmm yes well I can imagine it's possible if all you order are salads lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    hmm yes well I can imagine it's possible if all you order are salads lol
    Really the problem with McDonalds are the portion sizes, I don't think McDonalds is healthy but you won't gain weight if you stop in for a regular-sized cheeseburger and small fries now and then.

Big Mac + large fries = no bueno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit wtf am I seeing. Just put the fork down ffs it's not rocket surgery. You only burn x amount of calories and it isn't much. For average it's 8700Kj.

Also maccas is still horrible because the macros are shithouse. Too much saturated fats and salt.

JUST
    PUT
    THE
    FORK
    DOWN

I even made a thread an hour ago about healthy high protein recipes, just follow those, fuck having a fucking waste valveon your gut to pour the half digested food. Plumbers will be working over time unclogging pizzas and big Macs.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

This procedure seems super disgusting and pathetic to me.

Once that tube is removed they're just going to gain weight again... what happens when they don't need to run a deficit anymore?

Really the problem with McDonalds are the portion sizes, I don't think McDonalds is healthy but you won't gain weight if you stop in for a regular-sized cheeseburger and small fries now and then.

Big Mac + large fries = no bueno.
    While YMMV (of course), a Big Mac meal isn't necessarily a particularly bad lunch. With a medium fry and non-caloric beverage, it's ~900 calories, which is a fair bit less than what I eat for a typical lunch. Even when I'm running or biking less, I just don't really eat breakfast, so the 900 calories lunch is basically fine.

As ever, there are many paths to a reasonable amount of calories in a day. People just don't much bother to count them.

Deleted
    Well that wouldn't work for me because I basically chomp-swallow instead of chomp-chew-swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If you're not capable of eating appropriate amounts of calories now then this will just make it worse. People will treat it as a license to eat even more junk.

I've seen something similar happen to people who got stomach surgery. They never changed their bad habits and just got fat again.
    "Although there are no specific foods that are off-limits with the AspireAssist, you’ll gradually learn healthier behaviors with the lifestyle counseling program, to help keep the weight off long-term. "

I think the above part is KEY to everything.
    So this device + Counseling = better, more often longer lasting results.

Awesome, medical assisted bulimia! This surely wont lead to any eating disorders...

How in the hell did this get approved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    In a U.S. Clinical Trial, patients lost 3 times more weight on average with the AspireAssist than those who received only diet and exercise counseling¹.
    If they are testing this on people who could use exercise and dieting as a means to lose weight, meaning not people who have a real illness preventing them from losing weight, then I would blame their will power rather than the process.

For those who just plain over eat and have no self control, I see things like this pump as a quick fix and does not actually solve the issue, and instead just bandaids it. It's enabling, and it is bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This just seems like modern medicines version of the roman vomitorium.
    common misconception. The Vomitorium was not a place to gorge and then regurgitate the food.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vomitorium

"A vomitorium is a passage situated below or behind a tier of seats in an amphitheatre or a stadium, through which big crowds can exit rapidly at the end of a performance. They can also be pathways for actors to enter and leave stage.[1] The Latin word vomitorium, plural vomitoria, derives from the verb vomō, vomere, "to spew forth". In ancient Roman architecture, vomitoria were designed to provide rapid egress for large crowds at amphitheatres and stadiums, as they do in modern sports stadiums and large theatres.[2]"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    "Although there are no specific foods that are off-limits with the AspireAssist, you’ll gradually learn healthier behaviors with the lifestyle counseling program, to help keep the weight off long-term. "

I think the above part is KEY to everything.
    So this device + Counseling = better, more often longer lasting results.
    I'd say, just remove the device. If someone doesn't have the will power to do it with just counseling and discipline, then once the device is removed, they will likely go right back to their old habits and stop going to counseling.

The key to weight loss is discipline. Without it, you will not make any improvement.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While YMMV (of course), a Big Mac meal isn't necessarily a particularly bad lunch. With a medium fry and non-caloric beverage, it's ~900 calories, which is a fair bit less than what I eat for a typical lunch. Even when I'm running or biking less, I just don't really eat breakfast, so the 900 calories lunch is basically fine.

As ever, there are many paths to a reasonable amount of calories in a day. People just don't much bother to count them.
    Yeah, my calorie burn is 3000 calories a day with my runs, or 2000 calories if I decide to be a bum. It's not much protein for the calorie load but there are worse meals.

Fast food gets a bad rap but honestly casual dining restaurants are much worse. Cheesecake Factory has desserts that are nearly 3000 calories.

http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/C...#photo-6661657

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my calorie burn is 3000 calories a day with my runs, or 2000 calories if I decide to be a bum. It's not much protein for the calorie load but there are worse meals.

Fast food gets a bad rap but honestly casual dining restaurants are much worse. Cheesecake Factory has desserts that are nearly 3000 calories.

http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/C...#photo-6661657
    But Cheesecake Factory is sooooo good. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Eww... Why not just go to a gym and eat healthily if you want to loose weight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yeah, the plan is simple, but not easy to follow through. "Eat just a small salad two times a day for a few months". Nothing complicated.
    Except that this method isn't very efficient, and likely not healthy either.
    You don't really fight a health problem with another health problem.

You need a correct healthy amount of nutrients and micro nutrients. Two small salads will likely not do that.
    And secondly if you only eat twice a day small amounts your body adjusts and your metabolism slows down dramatically.

Instead, get a healthy diet that provides you all the needed nutrients, and spread the food intake out into 6 - 8 small amounts over a day.
    Don't exceed 2000 calories total. Don't go much lower either.
    This keeps your metabolism up, and you'll lose weight faster than with the 2 salads method.
    With the latter 2 salad method you'll gain weight like crazy once you're done losing it, and switch back to normal.

And last but not least, move your ass. Don't even have to so sports, just move. Walk a couple or three miles.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-17 at 03:15 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Somehow I think putting a tube into your stomach is not the best solution...

I stopped at the part that said "normal, healthy, meals"

This product is false. This product solves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Probably because that's not a dessert so much as a second entree comprised entirely of junk food. Who the fuck serves bacon with dessert?
    Yeah...their slices of cheesecake are around 800-1500 calories by themselves though, without the bacon and cake accoutrements. Generally speaking Cheesecake Factory is known for their huge portion sizes so you know what you're in for if you decide to stop in.

That pictured burger and fries from Red Robin did not look so unreasonably portioned however, based on the image; I never would have guessed that it was a 3500 calorie meal just by looking at it.

How about a touchey-feely cartoon that goes in depth about what sugar is. Changed the way I look at a lot of foods...

It made my life infinitely more.... depressing