Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Great bait post. Excellent shit posting as usual Wildtree
    You're triggered, that's all.
    Sorry if it rattles your cage, but there's just a difference between playing, and hurting someone like this on purpose with this method.
    That was no accident.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The story says the incident was accidental.
    How was it "accidental" ? The boys intentionally put it around her neck and jerked her to the ground and left her there... of course any school would claim accidental to save face and prevent any legalities as much as possible.

And the fact that the school has a history of bullying problems...

Sad reality is that private schools often tend to milk parents for money and leave students secondary. They don't want to do anything to a student if it means affecting that money flow.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-06-17 at 04:47 PM.

He said She said is not definitive evidence of anything. It also says in like the very next paragraph that “It sounds like he may have pushed on the back of her leg to make her leg buckle, which is something the kids sometimes do. Rarely is that done out of meanness but more out of a desire for sport.”
    So, a boy gets accused of attacking a girl the school plays it off as an accident. It happens again and the school still insists "accident"

And what...the rope around the neck and pull thing is also just another fun game kids play these days?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Kids like to rope each other. Just children that age don't understand the consequence of their action until something really bad happens.
    She's 12. Kids that age very clearly should be able to determine when to put a rope around someone's neck and when not to. In most cases, the answer should obviously be not to do that. We had some violent games when I was younger too but we would never even consider using a rope around someones neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    How was it "accidental" ? The boys intentionally put it around her neck and jerked her to the ground and left her there... of course any school would claim accidental to save face and prevent any legalities as much as possible.
    And any parent would claim on purpose to win their case in court. See how that works?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't have a thread like this without conservatives rushing out of the woodwork to defend the little sociopaths. It's like clockwork.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    More like an expulsion...
    more like a swift kick to the face

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    She's 12. Kids that age very clearly should be able to determine when to put a rope around someone's neck and when not to. In most cases, the answer should obviously be not to do that. We had some violent games when I was younger too but we would never even consider using a rope around someones neck.
    I agree, twelve is well past the age when you should know this is wrong.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

12 year olds are idiots. That's why they're still legally kids.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    And any parent would claim on purpose to win their case in court. See how that works?
    Yeah, except apparently there were multiple incidents. Once is an accident, two is less likely to not be on purpose.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Typical media outlet turning into a race issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, we had all kinds of violent games when I was in elementary school.
    Broken bones, black eyes, shredded skin.. all very common in the 80s and 90s.

Now how long will it be until we find out what really happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 year olds are idiots. That's why they're still legally kids.
    12 year olds might be idiots but that doesn't mean they can't think for themselves. 12 year olds are at a point in their life when they absolutely should have a sense of morality, and of the consequences of their actions. There's no excuse. I'm not saying these particular kids couldn't be been shitheads (they probably are), but in that case you punish them, and the school failed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Broken bones, black eyes, shredded skin.. all very common in the 80s and 90s.
    Agreed. Wrestling on blacktop basketball courts at recess often resulted in injuries. Also games where the whole point was to knock whoever had the ball to the ground and take the ball. I won't say what that game was called because I don't want to trigger anybody.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The school having a history of bully problems would weigh the case in favour of the parents...

12 year olds might be idiots but that doesn't mean they can't think for themselves. 12 year olds are at a point in their life when they absolutely should have a sense of morality, and of the consequences of their actions. There's no excuse. I'm not saying these particular kids couldn't be been shitheads (they probably are), but in that case you punish them, and the school failed to do that.
    So guilty until proven innocent then?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They don't need to prove anything about the boys intent to win their case. Their lawsuit is based on how the school reacted to the situation.

What they can show is a history of this boy bullying this girl with the school taking no action to stop it which leads us to this rope situation that involves the same boy...with again the school doing nothing.

The school having a history of bully problems would weigh the case in favour of the parents...
    If bullying was that big of a problem for the girl then why didn't they pull her out of that school?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So guilty until proven innocent then?
    This lawsuit has nothing to do with criminal proceedings.