Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Gold Nerfs on the PTR

1. Potion of luck nerf here.
    2. Smuggled Sack of Gold is gone (50 GR -> 15 gold) but gold missions give GR (Troll Blizz)
    3. Cataclysm raid drops sell for about 10g less. (boss gold is still the same)
    4. Follower upgrades sell for nothing (1 copper for +3 ilvl follower upgrade)
    5. Anyone shuffling Alchemical catalysts into Draenic Philosopher stones to sell for 25.36 silver will see that the stone is now 21.22 silver. a 4g nerf

Added bonus: Blingtron mission <--- LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    2. Smuggled Sack of Gold is gone (50 GR -> 15 gold) but gold missions give GR (Troll Blizz)
    5. Anyone shuffling Alchemical catalysts into Draenic Philosopher stones to sell for 25.36 silver will see that the stone is now 21.22 silver. a 4g nerf

So, keep making gold until patch hits live servers :P Gold will never be as easy to come by as it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too bad the damage is already done. Good thing I farmed plenty of gold to hold me through a few expansions.

What about the bloody coin purse? (savage blood>50g)

1. potion of luck was nerfed as its use is over come legion.
    2. Snuggled sack of gold is gone, and the gold missions in garrison are replaced with resources, as per what blizzard had stated heaps of times over the past few months
    3. cataclysm raid drops overall werent nerfed only a select few items, as rng and 2people in raid cause 9 drops and the boss can rng drop up to 3 of the same item.
    4. follower upgrades had also been talked about before that they will be nerfed so sell them if your not using them, but there cost to buy has also been reduced.
    5. anyone shuffling alchemical catalysts into draenic stones, did indeed cause a vendor profit due to incorrect costs. this has happened in the past but blizzard had usually squashed and fixed fasts, aka cut gems in cataclysm selling for 5-6 x vendor price of the uncut. this was skipped due to the minimal profit and the massive amount of work needed to actually get a decent amount of net gain. this has been corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rale89 View Post
    thats the smuggled sack of gold.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

That is still available (for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rale89 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    1. potion of luck was nerfed as its use is over come legion.
    2. Snuggled sack of gold is gone, and the gold missions in garrison are replaced with resources, as per what blizzard had stated heaps of times over the past few months
    3. cataclysm raid drops overall werent nerfed only a select few items, as rng and 2people in raid cause 9 drops and the boss can rng drop up to 3 of the same item.
    4. follower upgrades had also been talked about before that they will be nerfed so sell them if your not using them, but there cost to buy has also been reduced.
    5. anyone shuffling alchemical catalysts into draenic stones, did indeed cause a vendor profit due to incorrect costs. this has happened in the past but blizzard had usually squashed and fixed fasts, aka cut gems in cataclysm selling for 5-6 x vendor price of the uncut. this was skipped due to the minimal profit and the massive amount of work needed to actually get a decent amount of net gain. this has been corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

thats the smuggled sack of gold.
    1. Why ? what was it's use in WoD ?
    2. Why ? what are we supposed to be doing with all the GR ? or 500 resources (what you get in a week or so) -> 10 bags = 10 x 15 = 150 gold was too much of an inflation ?
    3. Why ?
    4. Why ? Also why do it on the PTR and not on live ? People are waiting to open their boxes on the prepatch for the xmog items so you are telling them: want xmog ? lose money
    5. Why now ? 6.1 could have handled that.

No REAL valid reasons to be honest to do these changes.

- - - Updated - - -

2. Why ? what are we supposed to be doing with all the GR ? or 500 resources (what you get in a week or so) -> 10 bags = 10 x 15 = 150 gold was too much of an inflation ?
    3. Why ?
    4. Why ? Also why do it on the PTR and not on live ? People are waiting to open their boxes on the prepatch for the xmog items so you are telling them: want xmog ? lose money

1. Well it was used to farm certain pandaria areas with good mob density and respawn times and doing trash farm in raids for extra gold and sellable loot.
    2. Well when Legion arrives you will not be spending your time in the garrison anyway. Maybe use your GR on the materials?
    3. Considering you can get triple weapon drops when you are soloing I understand the fixes. One of my best Firelands 25hc run (just killing all trash +bosses) was 2700g and that was like triple weapon drops from all bosses.
    4. Not sure about this one, think I gotta vendor the upgrades I have saved on a few of my characters that currently have maxed out thier followers.
    I guess it is also because they will change what you will get from the salvage yard boxes in legion, instead of transmog it will be follower upgrades (I think) so they have to change the sell amount because of that.
    5. Not sure why they waited until now with that change, better use up my catalysts then.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

- - - Updated - - -

3. Why ?

2. With TH being replaced with Extreme Scavenger the amount of GR coming in will be insane, especially since it stacks with current Scavenger.
    So yeah, that '150g inflation' would be thousands of gold weekly per account, something they want to get rid of..

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    So...they raise the gold cap very high and then they nerf the gold made from farming...instead of it helping the bot problem, I think it will create more motivation for people TO bot and once banned to either buy more accounts or quit altogether. Its not like they are actually putting time in to farm now, so making it take longer to make the same amount of gold doesn't really help to curtail botting now does it?

What about those of us that aren't bots? that use the gold they physically farm to support their guild...not everyone is greedy and only out for themselves.

I guess all I can do is see what else is getting changed and how it all plays out during Legion.

Most of it seems pretty necessary to me. Potion of luck farming in Heart of Fear was adding a ton of gold into the market, as was all of the gold sources from garrisons.

All in all, they want people to spend there time doing things in current content, not going back to farm gold and inflate the economy.

I have been doing beta rather than PTR, so someone should check to see if the gold sack from the Jewelcrafting building is still giving 250+ gold
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Most of it seems pretty necessary to me. Potion of luck farming in Heart of Fear was adding a ton of gold into the market, as was all of the gold sources from garrisons.

All in all, they want people to spend there time doing things in current content, not going back to farm gold and inflate the economy.

I have been doing beta rather than PTR, so someone should check to see if the gold sack from the Jewelcrafting building is still giving 250+ gold
    Its not, its giving 250 GR instead.

Something to keep in mind;
    ALL your missions in progress when you copy (ergo prepatch being released), both shipyard and normal followers, seem to fail during the patch transition.
    From the 5 shipyard missions i also lost 4 ships in total, 2 that had had a 100% succesrate..

15+ Year Old Account
    What about the boxes from the salvage yard? They said that a new type of box is going to drop, anyone has any news about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

I've done the HoF Potion of Luck farm a few times but never seriously but looking at my 200+ Potion of Luck I've made for helping farm Skyshards I guess I should start burning some on runs before they gut that and I end up with 50g with of vendor trash for all my crafting trouble.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    knew they were gonna nerf cata raids. makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    knew they were gonna nerf cata raids. makes me sad.
    Yeah, the change to cata raids is giving me less of a reason to consider coming back for Legion. I've seen a lot of things to love in the beta but, there's also a lot of red flags =/ LET ME LOVE YOU WARCRAFT!
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

If they want to start nerfing gold fine because as soon as I can't pay for my sub with gold ill stop playing.

MOP raids mite make up the loss but I am not doing Cata+MOP on my main and like 4 alts to get a token. If I can't make enough a month on just my main ill stop playing.

None of these changes was needed but I knew they was coming
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    What about the boxes from the salvage yard? They said that a new type of box is going to drop, anyone has any news about it?
    4 of my 5 Large Crates of Salvage just had Garrison Resources, the 5 had garrison resources and 5 Blackrock Ore
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

thanks for the headsup

The goal here is to increase gold cap which will in turn make things cost more but to also nerf gold gained.

The goal is a giant "Fuck You" to inflation. It is going to work too judging by the amount of complaints about it. HOWEVER I did math and even with those minor losses on the Cata Items if you do all the Cata Raids and all the MoP Raids (Except SoO) you will make about 10k to 12k a Week. Per Character. If we assume that we can just faceroll stuff in Cata Raids at 110 (Spoiler we can) then you are looking at, for most of the games population, 10k a week for about 2, maybe 3, hours of work. This is of course assuming you have 2 characters at 110 with no gear and only do Cata Raids.

10k a week for doing nothing. That is 40k a Month. You can do the rest of the math for yourself but if you are smart you can still make plenty after the nerf. These changes, combined, are meant to combat inflation, and they are probably the best thing Blizzard has ever done to combat it before. The potion of luck especially is a great nerf. That nerf will simultaneously bring prices up for MoP Mats but also make it less valuable to go and grind mobs as a farm outside of the Vale.

I am actually convinced that this is so ingenius they didn't intend to do this and it is merely a bug or some interns work who they promptly let go.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-06-18 at 02:05 AM.

It's hard for me to understand that people who want to play the new expansion would do anything other than jump for joy at these changes.

You've got a month or two or whatever to get everything tidied up before then anyway. So, hop to it?