Page 1 of 3
LastLast

South Seas Expansion Coming up Next (Theory)

Gotta say im pretty excited Azshara is one of my favorite lore characters and with Thal'Dranath being "Reworked" all signs are pointing to Azshara and her master N'zoth being next on the chopping block i will post reasons below you tell me what you think?

Lets begin with Blizzard quotes from the recent dev Q&A

General

"The team has learned their lesson and accepted that they can't produce an expansion faster, so the plan moving forward as they start working on the next expansion is to make sure Legion has a lot more patch content.

"They want to build on the stories that they are in the middle of telling in an expansion, giving players something to do while they work on the next expansion"

Thal'dranath

"Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion"

"It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea"

"Thal'dranath was yet another ancient elven ruined island that has a heavy Legion presence. There is already a lot of that in Broken Isles"

Heres we go.

Thal'dranath is a ancient eleven island filled with who knows what kind of mystical artifacts of power located in the south most part of the broken isles in the proximity of both many islands still unreleased to WoW Tol'Borad,Balor,Zul'Dare And the maelstrom to the west which hosts more Fabled lands and worlds like the great troll empire of Zandalar (Or Whats left of it) and the naga kingdom of Nazjatar and to the south Plunder Isle!

Blizzard said that Thal'Dranath will not be part of "Legion" that it was going to be yet another eleven ruins filled with demons and that they had a cooler idea, they also said they want more patchs to reduce content drought

And my Theory

Blizzard has already stated that Azshara will cameo in Legion that will be racing her for some kind of titan relic we know well be fighting xavius in legion in the emerald nightmare it is my belief that Thal'Dranath will be used as a end legion patch as a sort of prequel to the next expansion it will be naga controlled with probably some old god things happening there may be a 5man some events a scenario maybe even a filler raid (Doubtful) but what what we see and learn during that patch will give us a glimpse of the evil to come and will give Blizzard a decent enough gap to continue working on the next expansion.

As we have had 2 expansions in a row of legion and blizzard is quite well aware of the amount of people who want to see her

Im very confident in saying i believe the next expansion will be queen Azshara and N'zoth tieing the loose ends from cata bringing justice to N'Zoth for the tainting of the emerald nightmare and the corruption of Neltharion the Earth-Warder also known as Deathwing.

Thal'Dranath is located in the perfect spot for that expansions prequel

And for the people who hate water zones... my guess is Azshara gets her hands on something very powerful that allows her to raise Nazjatar from the depths of the sea

Locations

Could honestly range from

Tol'Borad, Zul'Dare, Zandalar, Balor, Plunder isle, Nazjatar, Undermine,Tol'Abim all of which capable of having subzones

Lore Map: http://i.imgur.com/YY73r3R.jpg

What Mobs would we face?
    Trolls,Old God minions,Naga

Now this is just a theory and wishful thinking honestly... No need to be rude or toxic

You are assuming that they already did any kind of work on Thal'Dranath (other then conceptual) before deciding on something else. We have never seen any evidence of that, all we have ever seen was a flat surface on some shapeless island, no landscape, no nothing.

Not south seas, but Great Seas.

Zandalar is mostly under water now

How in bloody hell do you go from "Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.", to "Thal'dranath will be part of Legion."? The utter lack of logic or even a scrap of connection is breathtaking.And, if you think they're going to wrap up the entirety of the Legion invasion in one exapansion...lol...it's not even worth speculating over.

By the way, Tol Barad is already in the game. You know, that largish PvP zone they added in Cataclysm? Many years ago? You really should familiarize yourself with the game sometime - it might help you speculate on future developments.

South Seas honestly sounds like the most boring thing they could ever focus an expansion on. I think I speak for most by saying it's time to take the fight to the Legion, not focus on the exploits of a few pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

TBH, I don't know what Thal'dranath has anything to do with the theory. It doesn't seem relevant to the next expansion content at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

South seas isnt even in the south anymore
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Must admit, im personally holding out that Queen AZ gets her own expansion.
    Alot of people just consider her "another naga" but she is so much more than that
    Considering Malfurion couldnt beat her, at least shows shes stronger than most bosses
    if she gets a filler patch i will be most dissapointed

I honestly think blizz is gonna wrap the game up next xpac with the argus xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    South Seas honestly sounds like the most boring thing they could ever focus an expansion on. I think I speak for most by saying it's time to take the fight to the Legion, not focus on the exploits of a few pirates.
    Because Pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    How in bloody hell do you go from "Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.", to "Thal'dranath will be part of Legion."? The utter lack of logic or even a scrap of connection is breathtaking.And, if you think they're going to wrap up the entirety of the Legion invasion in one exapansion...lol...it's not even worth speculating over.
    So much THIS^.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could have a naga related expac and have mostly only underwater zones which would give an opportunity to include customisable controlable ships as your mobile player home in the south seas..(south of pandaria???)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    I honestly think blizz is gonna wrap the game up next xpac with the argus xpac
    no way there is atleast 8 years left of major non-filler expansions(4 expansions)

wow isn't ending anytime soon

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard makes 960 million per year at 5 mill subscribers at the supposed "dying expac" subcriber amounts
    or they make 1 billion 728 million per year at 9 mill subscribers

that's ONLY SUBSCRIPTIONS! not including merchandise, store items, tokens, pets and mounts

blizzard makes too much money for them to "Wrap up" the expansion in 2 years time

they will try to atleast make the game last another 20 years

20 years time they could be making 1billion per year instead of 2 billion per year but that's an insane amount of money they easily can manage with
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    -snip-
    WoW servers wont die but blizz really doesnt need to keep pumping out xpac unless Legion is a mega hit. Blizz could make a argus xpac and then sell DLC and in game services like other MMOs do and then use there staff to work on other IPs.

Most of the subs they get now is from gold token sales prolly the reason why they dont submit subs numbers now.

There is no way in hell there is gonna be 4 new xpacs in wow unless blizz gets super creative with the lore and its just more economical for blizz to use there staff to work on new IPs than it is to waste there time making more xpacs for a game that is in twilight years.
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-06-18 at 08:35 AM.

Most of the subs they get now is from gold token sales prolly the reason why they dont submit subs numbers now.
    Those people still count as "subs".
    People used game time cards before, not everyone had a real subscription - those players still count as active (ie. subscribed) accounts for the statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Those people still count as "subs".
    People used game time cards before, not everyone had a real subscription - those players still count as active (ie. subscribed) accounts for the statistics.
    I havent paid for wow ever since they introduced the gold tokens and i never will now.

Ingame services is what will keep wow going when blizz realizes that spending 2 years of there staffs time making xpacs then creating tons of patches isnt as profitable when they could spend that time making new IPs like hearthstone that doesnt require patches or any further ingame development.
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-06-18 at 08:42 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I havent paid for wow ever since they introduced the gold tokens and i never will now.
    That isn't relevant. You may not have paid for game time but someone else has paid for the token with real money, more than a normal sub is. It still counts as a sub and is making blizzard more money than a normal sub would.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    That isn't relevant. You may not have paid for game time but someone else has paid for the token with real money, more than a normal sub is. It still counts as a sub and is making blizzard more money than a normal sub would.
    and that is what will keep wow going for many years after they have done with xpacs.

They wouldn't drop hints of the next xpac, not even a single word. They decided to let everyone know they were thinking of a ship based south sea xpac because they aren't doing one.

I'm not sure about this, but it sure sounds cool. It would be fun if they added player boats and treasure hunting. Oh, and a cool pirate soundtrack.