Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    This is just desaturation, not really "realistic" as you put it. Warcraft has always been about saturated colors and huge shoulder pads (sorry, Warhammer!). Don't like it, find another game to play.

I agree 100% with this statement. Wow's environment has never been the problem for me. It is the lack of actual realistic background animation like lack of moving trees in the wind, and realistic weather patterns. Rainy days were nice, but could have been better. The biggest game changer for me and a lot of people were the exaggerated new character models and how gear looks on them. The lack of character design including hairstyles and body types were also a big buzz kill for the game.

Like the person who's statement I am replying too said, if you don't like it; go play another game. ( Which me and many others exactly did. lol) The game will survive without us. Hahahaha.

Deleted
    Doesn't look realistic at all. It's not all dark and grey when I go outside.

I think the darker grittier look looks fucking beautiful. I would love this in game, but part of WoW's appeal is its graphics and how they went about it.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Better graphics in the way you're talking about wouldn't necessarily suit WoW that well I don't think. It works because it's over the top and silly.

I disagree. I quite enjoy Warcraft's more exaggerated and bright style.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow, beat the OP to hell.

Toxic MMO-C posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    Doesn't look like WoW. Looks like a modern-day piece of crap game. Just like all those fools re-doing Zelda stuff in Unreal 4, doesn't look like Zelda, just looks crappy.
    heres what I said in more words.
    the pictures in the link are a closer facsimile to the real world as opposed to wows art style.
    not "here, wow would be so much better if it looked like this".
    you may need to talk to a professional about that negativity you are projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    wow, beat the OP to hell.

Toxic MMO-C posters.
    Blacktop rules. Go the hole strong or get knock the F** down. I didn't realize there was so many street ballers on MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Dalien View Post
    It's always frustrated me that WoW has the potential to be graphically a lot more impressive than it is at face value. Most people just can't see past its sylised cartoony art direction, and as much as I appreciate the huge amount of work that goes into WoW's art assets, I personally prefer a much more realistic and gritty experience.

So I've been messing around with shader injection, and with a few tweaks and a 75% reduction in colour saturation WoW really can look a lot more realistic:

Default Goldshire:

Realistic shaders:

Default Human Tower:

Realistic shaders:

Default Orc Tower:

Realistic shaders:

Couple of other pics:

I'm loving the darker, grittier feel. Less Hobbiton and more Westeros!

i do not see any difference in your jpg's.... but maybe you should get a better video card and play on ultra because the graphics I see are pretty awesome.

Deleted
    I don't think realism is an aim for a game that lets you carry dragons in your back pack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    more realistic looking wow ... http://imgur.com/a/EreT7
    I would die and go to heaven if this was the way WoW looked. But so would my graphics card I guess

That doesn't look more realistic at all.. Literally just less saturated colors.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    I would die and go to heaven if this was the way WoW looked. But so would my graphics card I guess
    Me too. I would so come back to the game then. Cause you can't change the look of the environment without redoing character design and ability animations.

Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    Me too. I would so come back to the game then. Cause you can't change the look of the environment without redoing character design and ability animations.
    I mean, it's almost as if they'd just have to make an entirely new fucking game or something. But let's be real here: Blizzard with its infinite resources and unlimited money would be able to do this in a single weekend, so I'm positive the only reason they haven't already is because they hate their customers.

I like the idea of seeing WoW rendered using something truly remarkable, such as Unreal. However, the colors and tones used as well as their saturation levels are characteristic of the game. They're not simply that way because that's all graphics were capable of in 2004. It was a direct design choice.

The graphics are part of the charm of WoW.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Not a fan. I like the colors in WoW.

LOL, "realistic" graphics for WoW looks just as bad as I'd imagined.
    Want realistic? Find an mmorpg that emphasises that art style. WoW is timeless thanks to its style. I love WoW's cartoony look which can still have beauty and plenty of grit to it. Not that I'm one of those saps fixated on "grit" when I play 12+ games...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-19 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I mean, it's almost as if they'd just have to make an entirely new fucking game or something. But let's be real here: Blizzard with its infinite resources and unlimited money would be able to do this in a single weekend, so I'm positive the only reason they haven't already is because they hate their customers.
    I hope you are sarcastic because Blizzard does not have infinite resources. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi