Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it starts with the front office being pretty lazy in the off-season, making a few good signings only to void them because reasons. Letting Greinke go and replacing him with Maeda/Kazmir and not pulling the trigger on higher risk/reward targets. The richest team in the league is busy focusing on the 2018 season for some reason when they have the money to brute force their way into contention in 2016 while still stocking up the farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to buy the hype on Urias, when he can spot his fastball its pretty nasty. Done much better in his past few starts after the two bad ones to begin with. Probably doesn't have many innings left in him though, I hope the injured guys make it back soon.

Dodgers are waiting for Urias and DeLeon to develop and waiting out some bad Cuban contracts before they really go for it. Trouble is, Gonzalez is probably gonna be well into his decline by that time and the offensive prospects are not as promising as the pitching. Bryce Harper free agency or bust?

10+ Year Old Account
    In retrospect, going for Lincecum would of been a good idea.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    James Shields has a 24.62 ERA in his last 4 starts. Bartolo Colon's dinger off him sure messed with his head.

--

Re: Lincecum. 86mph fastballs in the AL isn't really going to cut it long term if he can't locate or pitch to contact. Physically, he does look closer to the 2010 bulked up version that carried the Giants that postseason. I wish him well, but I doubt he'll be more than a replacement level pitcher rest of season.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2016-06-19 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I wish him well, but I doubt he'll be more than a replacement level pitcher rest of season.
    Sounds like an upgrade for the Angels rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    James Shields has a 24.62 ERA in his last 4 starts. Bartolo Colon's dinger off him sure messed with his head.

--

Re: Lincecum. 86mph fastballs in the AL isn't really going to cut it long term if he can't locate or pitch to contact. Physically, he does look closer to the 2010 bulked up version that carried the Giants that postseason. I wish him well, but I doubt he'll be more than a replacement level pitcher rest of season.
    Sounds like he'll fit right in with Jered Weaver.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Works for Dickey, but he is a knuckle ball pitcher. Pitching to contact didn't work out for the best for Mark Buehrle when he was with Toronto though, because there are a lot of really good hitters in the American League.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ortiz stealing 2 bases on you isn't good defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Boston waiving Rusney Castillo, its nice to know the Dodgers aren't the only ones whiffing on Cuban imports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the mariners will just go all relievers now. Taijuan Walker going back to Seattle for MRI. Having issues with Achilles, couldn't plant it past the 5th inning. Felix down till probably late July, Miley shit the bed one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Maybe the mariners will just go all relievers now. Taijuan Walker going back to Seattle for MRI. Having issues with Achilles, couldn't plant it past the 5th inning. Felix down till probably late July, Miley shit the bed one too many times.
    If they are really desperate I'm sure they could get a couple starters and Mark Lowe from the Tigers for some pizza toppings or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty bummed to not get the Strasburg/Kershaw matchup.

Did still get MVP vs. MVP with Kershaw and Harper.
    Last edited by draynay; 2016-06-21 at 07:22 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anytime the Rangers want to cool off that would be great... Only 1 win ahead of them now.

Rangers have been red hot lately. And sadly the Mariners are going straight down the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    Rangers have been red hot lately. And sadly the Mariners are going straight down the shitter.
    Two of the games against the Tigers just came down to the home team having the advantage in extra innings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post

Still got a chance, just gotta turn it around... now... and hope for WC unless they somehow sweep Texas the last two series they play. Look out for the Astros, they will continue to get better. Not looking good though, especially when your starter thats making his 2nd MLB start blew out his elbow in warmups. Then your best AAA outfielder got suspended for 80 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elarena View Post
    Two of the games against the Tigers just came down to the home team having the advantage in extra innings.
    ???????? The only advantage they had was playing a wore out bullpen; even then Cishek was rested and blew it. #tradeforRodney
    Last edited by Vetali; 2016-06-24 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The only advantage they had was playing a wore out bullpen; even then Cishek was rested and blew it. #tradeforRodney
    Both bullpens were pretty wore out, everyone in the Tigers pen not named Mark Lowe pitched in 2 games, and all got used pretty heavily in the Royals series before. The Fulmer game was the only one that wasn't close, so it was a good series overall.

Please lock Cruz in a closet next time the Mariners play the Tigers too, I'm starting to not like him as much as Billy Butler at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Both bullpens were pretty wore out, everyone in the Tigers pen not named Mark Lowe pitched in 2 games, and all got used pretty heavily in the Royals series before. The Fulmer game was the only one that wasn't close, so it was a good series overall.

Please lock Cruz in a closet next time the Mariners play the Tigers too, I'm starting to not like him as much as Billy Butler at this point.
    Karns was about to pitch the 11th inning before Cishek blew it. Thats pretty taxed.

Cruz was in a big slump this road trip. He got the night off last night, then came back and hit 2 dingers lol.

Nats are just sucking ass at the moment. Six losses in a row and about to be seven probably after today(down 6-3 to the Brewers at the moment).

Mets come to town on Monday too. Could be a 1 game division lead when that series starts, which means we'll be in second place in less then a week. Just last week we were 6 up, almost 7 before we blew a late lead to the Padres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nats rotation is going the wrong direction, but Strasburg is gonna be back for his next start I hear.