Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy ‘Islamist’ mob terrorizes Turkish record store for playing Radiohead during Ramadan.

http://www.rt.com/news/347237-islami...ore-radiohead/

‘Islamist’ mob terrorizes Turkish record store for celebrating Radiohead’s new album (GRAPHIC)

18 Jun, 2016 04:02

A group of angry men in Istanbul vandalized a record store and beat up customers for having a listening party and drinking beer to celebrate the release of Radiohead’s new album in the Turkish capital during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Up to 20 men identified as radical Islamists used pipes and bottles as weapons, according to witnesses. The attackers also reportedly threatened to burn down the record store with all the people inside.

A video account of the attack was posted by the store owner on the Reddit website. The camera was originally set up to stream the Radiohead event, but unwittingly captured the attack.

The owner gave the following account:

“I am the person that’s speaking in that video. I am the owner of that periscope account. They were determined to kill us. We were beaten by more than 20 men with pipes in their hands, beer bottles were broken on our heads; I don’t even know how we made it out. I will share the details later guys. Just hoping that no one will die.”

In the video, a group of screaming men is seen entering the store and eventually violently forcing everyone out. The group then comes back in and begins smashing up the equipment. The attackers are also seen swinging their hands and trying to beat up the customers.

The brutal assault continued outside the store, but the camera angle only allowed a limited view.

Pictures of at least one injured person drenched in blood were posted on Twitter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more about drinking beer during Ramadan than about listening to Radiohead, tbh.

Can we just nuke em already? No joke, these aren't even human beings at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Can we just nuke em already? No joke, these aren't even human beings at this point.
    So nuke everyone who was listening to Radiohead too? In case you didn't know, nuclear bombs don't discriminate in who get's hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I think it's more about drinking beer during Ramadan than about listening to Radiohead, tbh.
    I love the "you must respect islam!" shout that follows up with "i'll fuck you in the @ss!"...fundamentalists are nutters..

Let's see how many infractions are handed out in this one for stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    So nuke everyone who was listening to Radiohead too? In case you didn't know, nuclear bombs don't discriminate in who get's hurt.
    all this shit with Islam lately. It can just end if we nuke the middle east is what I am saying.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-19 at 03:07 PM.

This kinda stuff makes me sad, good normal people having a chillout time being attacked by fanatics over something as petty as drinking a god damn beer.

all this shit with Islam lately. It can just end if we nuke the middle east is what I am saying.
    There are atheists in the middle east. Like me for example.

i really dont know much about ramadan, so i googled and started reading. i found this particular part to be amusing, especially after watching that video.

Muslims are also supposed to try to curb negative thoughts and emotions like jealousy and anger, and even lesser things like swearing, complaining, and gossiping, during the month.

of course i have no idea how true that is.

As I learned from the Orlando thread, not all Muslims trashed that store, so stop noticing patterns or you're a racist.

They don't like any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As I learned from the Orlando thread, not all Muslims trashed that store, so stop noticing patterns or you're a racist.
    This was just a geopolitical nationalistic response to poverty and western foreign policy. It obviously has nothing to do with religious beliefs.

Well, is anyone here surprised at this point? I sure am not.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    People love excuses to use violence.

Whether it's religion, soccer or political correcntess.
    Not sure if religion is an "excuse" to use violence so much as the initiator, reinforcer, and/or catalyst. I'm sure in some cases it might be for a non-believer where he wants to make up something to cover his ass, but in this case? Nah. Liberals and atheists have a hard time understanding a conservative religious mindset - how could anyone actually believe in some of this stuff? They must just be using it as an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    And all the islamic followers living in america too, we're have to nuke america as well.
    #boycottchina

Not sure what's more tedious - aggressive muslims making the news or people lapping it up and repeating it

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    Not sure what's more tedious - aggressive muslims making the news or people lapping it up and repeating it
    So we should just ignore it? Tolerate violence and it will go away?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    So we should just ignore it? Tolerate violence and it will go away?
    Pretty sure if I terrorized a record store in Birmingham it wouldn't make international news

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Making angry posts on an internet forum is pretty much just ignoring it.
    Oh so all these threads about american gun violence is just ignoring it, good to know.