Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The Scorpio is still 4x+ more powerful then the S model. No matter how you slice it in 1 year they will be releasing a system that will sooner or later become the main system.

For awhile yes games will work on both (all 3 versions) but the older 2 will be phased out. There is ZERO reasons to get a XB1S or a XB1 at all until next year.
    Doubt it. Microsoft themselves stated that all games that come out after Scorpio is launched will work on ALL variations of Xbox Ones (Xbox One, Xbox One S, and whatever they end up naming Project Scorpio). Granted they could go back on their word and eventually start having games that are only for Project Scorpio, but I'd say the chances of that are less than 1%. It'd be suicide for them to do something like that, and for all the dumb stunts they've pulled this generation, I really don't see them pulling one like that. Especially since Phil himself came out and said that all games that come out will be playable on all three systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Hello, this is a friendly reminder that console war, platform wars, etc aren't allowed. If you wish to talk about them, do it not on this forum.
    Who are you even talking to? I'm not seeing a console war anywhere, especially within the last two pages. Just people discussing stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Who are you even talking to? I'm not seeing a console war anywhere, especially within the last two pages. Just people discussing stuff.
    I would like it clarified as well. Since it was a few minutes after my post I'm assuming it was me? If so I'm a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I would like it clarified as well. Since it was a few minutes after my post I'm assuming it was me? If so I'm a bit confused.
    Maybe he/she replied to the wrong thread? Because if they think there's a console/platform war going on here right now, I'm afraid they're a bit bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can say sony vs microsoft, same still applies. Nothing good ever comes out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's giving Blizzard way too much credit. You should look up bullet hell games like Touhou or Ikaruga to get the general idea where these came from. First Nier alsp had a decent amount of bullet hell attacks from bosses.
    It was just a joke hence the :P, :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It was just a joke hence the :P, :P
    Fail joke!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fail joke!
    I know, bad me. Really digging Nier, this definitely a ps only thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I know, bad me. Really digging Nier, this definitely a ps only thing?
    As far as I know, it's not strictly one but so far it is. I imagine they want to see how well received it is before porting to different platforms, especially considering what happened with the previous one.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I had no idea what the hell Nier was, but judging from that trailer, it looks pretty sweet! Almost like Dark Souls mixed with Devil May Cry in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

As an exclusive PC gamer, E3 was quite disappointing for me.
    why do you even watch e3?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why do you even watch e3?
    It may be surprising to some, but they show more than new consoles at E3.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you went in to E3 expecting cool PC exclusives then you were just setting yourself up for disappointment. Everyone knows its all about consoles at E3 and the PC Conference is basically a joke. Almost none of the major sites covered it.

if you ONLY game on pc it seems pretty pointless to watch e3.

and tbh this year was probably the best year EVER for pc gaming at e3. pretty much all of microsofts games are coming to pc, and the 2nd ever pc gaming show actually wasnt total shit like last year.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No it wont be the main system. Its the highend 4k version. All games will still be deved for the model S. So i dont get what the confusion is. As far as i know there will not be any scorpio only games. The model S isnt for people to run out and buy to replace thier base model xbox one. Its just taking the place of the current xbox one for new adopters.

Got proof?
    Logic.... That's the proof. It will reach a point where dev's will not want to make games for both systems and Microsoft will push the scorpio as the main system. Its business 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Doubt it. Microsoft themselves stated that all games that come out after Scorpio is launched will work on ALL variations of Xbox Ones (Xbox One, Xbox One S, and whatever they end up naming Project Scorpio). Granted they could go back on their word and eventually start having games that are only for Project Scorpio, but I'd say the chances of that are less than 1%. It'd be suicide for them to do something like that, and for all the dumb stunts they've pulled this generation, I really don't see them pulling one like that. Especially since Phil himself came out and said that all games that come out will be playable on all three systems.
    They have to say they or they will kill the sells of both the OG XB1 and XB1S. This is business 101 and you don't keep making games for XP when Win 7 is out.

Sooner or later the XB1 and XB1S will be phased out. They can't use the XB1Scrop to its fullish until this happens.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Logic.... That's the proof. It will reach a point where dev's will not want to make games for both systems and Microsoft will push the scorpio as the main system. Its business 101.
    no, because at that point they can just release a new console, price slash the scorpio and make more money without dividing their playerbase with half steps

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, because at that point they can just release a new console, price slash the scorpio and make more money without dividing their playerbase with half steps
    That would still phase out the OG XB1 and XB1S. I don't see the shelf life of ether being all that long after Scorpio release's.

They will turn Scorpio into the "Base" model and whatever after as the advanced one. Anyone who thinks games will be made for both for the full life of scorpio is kidding themselves.

They are going to say games for one will be made for the other. If they didn't they would kill sells of the system for the next year. But anyone who thinks that way (same can be said for the Ps4 Neo as well) is fooling themselves.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

That would still phase out the OG XB1 and XB1S. I don't see the shelf life of ether being all that long after Scorpio release's.

They will turn Scorpio into the "Base" model and whatever after as the advanced one. Anyone who thinks games will be made for both for the full life of scorpio is kidding themselves.

They are going to say games for one will be made for the other. If they didn't they would kill sells of the system for the next year. But anyone who thinks that way (same can be said for the Ps4 Neo as well) is fooling themselves.
    I'm guessing most of the "exclusive" games to the XBS will be VR games since the XB1 doesn't really have the capability to deliver on that. Everything else should still be able to run on an XB1, just at lower resolutions and unstable frame rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    I'm guessing most of the "exclusive" games to the XBS will be VR games since the XB1 doesn't really have the capability to deliver on that. Everything else should still be able to run on an XB1, just at lower resolutions and unstable frame rates.
    At first ya good chance any exclusives will be XBS/VR games. But like I said sooner or later that will change. You will get devs who want to do X on XB1Scrop but can't do it on XB1OG/S.

There are not going to just beef up the XB1 just to not use it. If they are just going it for 4k res (and same graphic level) then there is no point in a XB1Scrop. Just get the XB1S that now can display on 4k tv's.

At first ya good chance any exclusives will be XBS/VR games. But like I said sooner or later that will change. You will get devs who want to do X on XB1Scrop but can't do it on XB1OG/S.

There are not going to just beef up the XB1 just to not use it. If they are just going it for 4k res (and same graphic level) then there is no point in a XB1Scrop. Just get the XB1S that now can display on 4k tv's.
    To be fair devs who want to do ____ on Scorpio/Neo but can't on base model still need the budget approved by the publisher. Publishers aren't going to start ignoring a 60+ mil install base and growing.

If we see exclusives they will be at the first party level, or money hatted as 2nd party games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    To be fair devs who want to do ____ on Scorpio/Neo but can't on base model still need the budget approved by the publisher. Publishers aren't going to start ignoring a 60+ mil install base and growing.

If we see exclusives they will be at the first party level, or money hatted as 2nd party games.
    That is true and why I feel it won't be day 1. But the OG models will get phased out. I give it 2 years maybe 3 max before the OG systems are no longer supported.

To be honest 2-3 years more is fine as well because the average lifespan of consoles (Before last gen) was near 6 years. But like I said anyone thinking the OG XB1 or even XB1S will sit alongside the XB1Scrop for its lifespan is fooling themselves.

The only way I see the OG systems sitting alongside the Neo/Scrop is if those models sell really bad and the company's are forced to do it.