While this probably isn't related to the current topic of discussion, but has anyone finished unlocking Xal'atath's history?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    realistically, can Surrender to Madness be kept up for the whole fight? From the first time I've seen this talent, it looked like a fun talent that shouldn't be used unless you're in a patchwerk-style fight(say, Butcher) where you need that extra burst at the end of the fight. Is this not the case anymore?
    There is practically no way you will sustain StM for an entire raid boss fight, barring fringe scenarios (like idk a 20-mage raid or whatever). It's effectively an execute-only talent, but it seems to work quite well in that niche. I expect there to be tremendous potential for specific setups, however that does come at the expense of it being essentially useless in many places as well.

You know what's funny? You can't start a level 100 class trial character, for the boost, as a shadow priest.

Talk about your bait and switch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait till they fix the pvp scaling. It's all I'm waiting for. Pvp has my <3. Other than being killed a shit ton, I've learned that you can kite melee quite effectively. And being able to purge diseases is pretty sweet perk I've got to get used to.

The priest design is one of the worst to blizzard's standard.

They made a lot of changes to make spec easier to grasp for new players/players that just want to have fun without needing to know every little details.

But SP is so noob unfriendly it's not even funny.

It doesn't affect me directly (tho I would love if they added 1 sec to SWP duration) but it's kinda sad.

@KrakHed : I stopped playing my SP on the beta because the more I played it, the more frustrated I become about the lack of tentacles and the constant /ignore on our offhand issue (it is (was ?) not showing properly when idle)) and I was like "if i stop playing it, maybe this frustration will go away once 7.0 is live" so sorry, I don't have any screen to share with ya
    @Darth-Piekus : Every spec feel nerfed ^^ HFC trinkets got nerfed, we lack our artefact talents, we lack VTor which hits like a truck, etc.

Homophobia is so gay.

@Ilir 1s is literally how long SWP would drop off before I could enter VF on thePTR. It's not just annoying; it feels like design problem. I would like SWP and VT to be one tick longer in duration. Even if the damage stayed the same with the extra tick (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT IS GOOD DO NOT DO THAT!) it would not strictly speaking be a nerf, since you would you be refreshing. It would be a true QoL improvement for low gear levels, while making a 3rd target go from "doable" to "reasonably within our niche" at higher gear. A fourth target might even *gasp* be possible.

Deleted
    There is actually no way for you to stay in StM an entire Boss Fight at the moment, as the Buff expires after 3 minutes - meaning you die after 3 minutes of using it, no matter how good you are, sadly.

Something i noticed that i'm sure has been forgotten about, Since Edge of Insanity made us do 20% more damage when at 100 Insanity, and Voidform is now only 20% more damage, is there a real reason to go into Voidform or even take this pvp talent anymore? Void Bolt and Void Torrent aside of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Something i noticed that i'm sure has been forgotten about, Since Edge of Insanity made us do 20% more damage when at 100 Insanity, and Voidform is now only 20% more damage, is there a real reason to go into Voidform or even take this pvp talent anymore? Void Bolt and Void Torrent aside of course.
    Stacking haste buff makes global a and casts faster...that's a huge deal for getting casts off and reacting. Haste in arena has traditionally been most useful for lowering the gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Stacking haste buff makes global a and casts faster...that's a huge deal for getting casts off and reacting. Haste in arena has traditionally been most useful for lowering the gcd.
    True, just seems silly to have a pvp talent that seems kinda pointless now.

It's always been useless since they made voidform a button and left the half-talent as it is. Meanwhile the old void Lord talent could replace it as a useful offensive/defensive option, but no... Mages need a new ability ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    We're probably going to get nerfed again, we're pretty powerful in raids still.

I'm loving this micromanagement -- although VERY spam key intensive.
    At which point every Shadow Priest outside of the top 1% of Mythic is going to be utter garbage.

Designing around mythic raiding first is a bad idea in raid design, but it's a HORRIBLE idea in class design.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    At which point every Shadow Priest outside of the top 1% of Mythic is going to be utter garbage.

Designing around mythic raiding first is a bad idea in raid design, but it's a HORRIBLE idea in class design.
    Doubly so in an expansion that touts its high-end alternatives to Mythic raids.

I've reported this talent amongst others for a long time now. NOTHING is happening to pvp talents it is an insolence.
    <inactive>

Fun thing to do on PTR: StM on 4 targets with your AS gear (35%+ crit) and mythic GSR makes the insanity bar almost never move lol

Deleted
    Pre Patch is like the first time ever i've enjoyed our T18 4-Set Bonus. Having Mindbender basically giving CONSTANT insanity is so friggin' good ~.~

Guys I literally am unable to play my Shadowpriest. All the Playstyle I was used to changed. I cannot manage it and as a result while I used to do 90k average I now am between 30k and 60k. It is frustrating.

Lol it's going to be a long expac.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Yeah that talent is TOTALLY useless lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Maybe I'm a 'casual', but the spec PROBABLY shouldn't only come to life when in the hands of high end mythic raiders, seeing as it's literally the only god damn DPS spec priests have.
    It really isn't that hard if you're decent at multidotting lol. It's just total noobs that will suck when multi target comes into play. Single target is easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Lol it's going to be a long expac.
    You can say that again lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    What I recommend is to play on a premade toon in dungeons. You wont have full mythic players pummeling thru everything. And the mobs take a bit to kill. Best place to hone your skills actively by far. Practice.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk