Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Where is all the hype?

I remember since BC there has always been hype about world first Max level, bets on guilds that are going for world first raid... Etc...
    Hype on world first <New Class>, <New Race> etc...

I haven't see threads about what are you doing to preping for race to 110, which quests you will hold onto to turn in right at launch, etc...

Am I just blind?

haven't blizz removed achievements for that stuff?

Deleted
    Blizz removed them.

Deleted
    There is no race any more.

And mythic raid race starts a month after the expansion launches, and will be decided among the same few guilds (some with new names and rosters, admittedly) anyway.

I would be hyped. But spend too much time playing Overwatch.
    /Zetsumei

yes and the expansion is two months away still with class designs and numbers still not completely finished.

There has always been races even without achievements

On average I'd wager people are a lot more reserved when it comes to getting hyped before an expansion. Especially after the recent one (WoD was a big disappointment for many).

Personally I'm very much looking forward to Legion, but between not getting a beta key and the crap they pulled in WoD I'm just putting my focus elsewhere for now to avoid disappointment.

Deleted
    I think WoD killed my potencial to ever get hyped for wow again. And at this point i know that i will surely try Legion, but i will most likely quit soon after released anyways, mostly due to class changes (rogue here).

We're over 2 months away.

I'll say the huge hype for WoD and the.... results.... pretty much told people to stop hyper-hype'ing xpac

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    - First, you reduce your hype with the removal of lots of Realm First because they promoted bad gameplay habits (exploits, 30h+ without sleep).
    - Second, you bury the remaining hype below the Green Fields of Farahlon, so that those who hype learn their lessons and lower their expectatives.
    - And, to finish it, don't talk that much about your upcoming product, since players apparently can mistake plans for promises.

The hype was fixed. Now the players will only be hyped by what the see: the contet, pure and simple content.

The race for world first is basically already decided ( Serenity ) . Unlikely (new)Method will compete very strongily with them, maybe some new guilds crop up and kick it into high gear, but for the most part. Serenity is going to handily win WF without much competition, for the most part they're just the new superguild with old Method roster + others + some of the old Paragon people.

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    The race for world first is basically already decided ( Serenity ) . Unlikely (new)Method will compete very strongily with them, maybe some new guilds crop up and kick it into high gear, but for the most part. Serenity is going to handily win WF without much competition, for the most part they're just the new superguild with old Method roster + others + some of the old Paragon people.

What about the KR guilds ? Like stars and such .. They still around ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Old Method quit, as did guilds like Paragon and Vodka, etc. Not much of a race anymore because WoW sucks since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Old Method quit, as did guilds like Paragon and Vodka, etc. Not much of a race anymore because WoW sucks since WoD.
    Old Method did not quit. They are Serenity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    What about the KR guilds ? Like stars and such .. They still around ?
    Not sure, never kept up with them cause they never really competed with NA/EU due to different content pacing. but I think Blizzard has since then started making them in line with NA/EU so hopefully they'll make the race interesting?

2 months until launch, even longer until the Mythic raids. Race to 110? That's never been interesting, always someone using some shitty exploit to level. There's no hype because it's far away.
    Bleh

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a new WoW xpac coming? WTF

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    In my basement somewhere probably.

Pre Patch won't launch until next month and I don't have the beta, so until then I've nothing to do. Still feel a bit burnt after WoD, so my hype isn't all that high either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    Old Method did not quit. They are Serenity.
    They lost several players, regrouped with others and renamed it Serenity. So yes, old Method did quit.