Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just a guess, but I'd imagine some people (males and females) tend to wear what's comfortable instead of what's sexy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yes, being attractive is such a burden. It makes life so hard.

Are you even reading what you're typing? You're absurd.
    It can be hard if others think you are attractive and put too much value into that instead of judging or assess you as a person
    People are more than their looks

yup totally.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    People will judge attractive people far more favorably - even subconsciously. It doesn't even have to relate to a conscious decision about, "Oh, they're attractive, they must not be smart." or something.

I mean, this shit has been studied to hell and back, it's not like it's some opinion I just made up today. (Though I have seen it in action several times in my working life. When you overhear two female managers fawning over the tall new male guy and he's instantly promoted over everyone else, that's pretty sad.)
    I know this, don't know why you bring that up

10+ Year Old Account
    This song was written about me when I was just 11... https://youtu.be/P5mtclwloEQ
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Incoming, next thread, in a theater near you: "The burden of being too rich. How do you deal with too much money? Do you feel the need to sometimes throw some of it away so that people don't judge you based on your material goods and merely on your shining personality?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Better be a ribeye, all other cuts are overrated.
    It was actually a beef wellington at the gordon ramsay, because of waterloo day

I'm not even going to try to explain, it's rather silly but a bit of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you are only proving my point here.

being average looking is the best advantage one has, becasue people stop making assumptions and conclusions about you based on looks and actualy consider the rest of you.
    People who are average looking tend not to get noticed for ANY reason, they just sort of fade into the background and don't get much attention period. Sure if they have an interesting personality or special talents, they may get far in life without anyone commenting on their looks, but the key point is that most people do not have these things and are just as Plain Jane on the inside as they are on the outside. What a wonderful existence THAT is...

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Since having a kid it seems my wife thinks its ok to get fat, stop wearing makeup and no longer dress sexy so I think there's a few reasons OP.
    Hey, having a kid is tough. Allow her some recovery time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Incoming, next thread, in a theater near you: "The burden of being too rich. How do you deal with too much money? Do you feel the need to sometimes throw some of it away so that people don't judge you based on your material goods and merely on your shining personality?"
    If you need to throw some of that money away, I know some people that will gladly take all of it.

Deleted
    I think people don't purposely make themselves less attractive, but they purposely make themselves more attractive. Many people don't appear conventionally attractive if you put them in baggy, bland clothes or in clothes that are actually comfortable.

As a woman there's so many ways to effortlessly give the illusion of being attractive that the question isn't if they purposely make themselves more attractive, but to what extent. Tight pants, pushup-brahs, makeup, heels, skin showing, hairstyles etc. can turn any women into a sexually desirable (trigger warning) object.

And while all of your penises may disagree, I think it's about time we stopped worshipping people for being good at going to the hairstylist and putting on pants.

Deleted
    Nope, never!
    If it's anything that my granny and mom taught me, it's to always go out as though meeting the love of your life. There's been only a handful of times where I didn't go that extra mile to look my best, and even then I didn't neglect eyeliner. Sure, my friends sometimes tease me with it "do you really need makeup to hit the gym??", but I don't feel like they actually mind too much and it's become something of a running joke.

I'm a guy so no.

Even if you are Kit Harrington, women still expect a little effort on your part. Why do all that work to be rich and attractive just to minimize its effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It was actually a beef wellington at the gordon ramsay, because of waterloo day

I'm not even going to try to explain, it's rather silly but a bit of fun
    I haven't had beef wellington in years. Very British but quite tasty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyan View Post
    Nope, never!
    If it's anything that my granny and mom taught me, it's to always go out as though meeting the love of your life. There's been only a handful of times where I didn't go that extra mile to look my best, and even then I didn't neglect eyeliner. Sure, my friends sometimes tease me with it "do you really need makeup to hit the gym??", but I don't feel like they actually mind too much and it's become something of a running joke.
    That sounds like a lot of effort :P I'd rather just spend more time on a run or at the gym.

I always think it's weird when I see women wearing heavy makeup while working out. Getting glammed up is fun, but sometimes it is more or less appropriate than others.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    I know I'm probably about to get flamed and laughed at and probably end up with this thread closed but I am seriously intrigued.

I often see girls being attractive but I think to myself, man if only they would do this or that and change a few clothes, it would look WAY too hot but then I think, maybe they purposely dont do it because it would be just too hot for public, things like heels, or any kind of clothes, hairstyle or even makeup.

So yea, please feel free to enlighten me on this and please keep the bashing to a minimum :P
    well, i did it - i was thin and attractive, was raped, and decided to become fat to prevent it from happening again

i dont know anyone else but me that purposely makes themselves not attractive, but then again, maybe people just dont admit it as freely as i do?

Yeah. If I actually comb my hair girls literally come up to me on the street and start blowing me. Crazy life.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    well, i did it - i was thin and attractive, was raped, and decided to become fat to prevent it from happening again

i dont know anyone else but me that purposely makes themselves not attractive, but then again, maybe people just dont admit it as freely as i do?
    What you described is actually pretty common after sexual trauma.

I exercise, and stay healthy. And I'll wear make up when I feel like it, mostly just eyeliner. My mom never taught me, or did any of that sort of crap when I was younger... so I never learned. None of my friends were into it either :P I wear clothing I look good in... but I won't go out of my way to get dressed up. Only for social functions, which I hate going to. Only heels I'll wear are boots. And I have 3 pairs of boots... one with heels, and two without. I actively wear skinny pants though, and usually just a t-shirt, or a sweater. If it's cold out, one of my 7 hoodies... varying from feminine and thin to 'why the hell are you wearing that in the summer?!' sort of thick (I get cold, leave me alone)

As for hair... again... never learned. I throw it up in a ponytail, or messy bun. Sometimes I'll braid it... and I like my hair french braided, but I never learned how to do that. And it's hard enough braiding MY OWN hair, and getting it exactly how I want it. AKA it's uncooperative. It's already straight, semi wavy, and it looks good up or down. So I don't need to do much with it.

My husband thinks I'm pretty, and finds me attractive. So that's all I care about. I stay healthy and fit for him, not for anyone else :P

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah. If I actually comb my hair girls literally come up to me on the street and start blowing me. Crazy life.
    Damn. I wonder what would happen if you started wearing deodorant?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    My husband thinks I'm pretty, and finds me attractive. So that's all I care about. I stay healthy and fit for him, not for anyone else :P
    You should do it for yourself, not your husband. You > everyone else, no matter how much you may love them.

Deleted
    That sounds like a lot of effort :P I'd rather just spend more time on a run or at the gym.

I always think it's weird when I see women wearing heavy makeup while working out. Getting glammed up is fun, but sometimes it is more or less appropriate than others.
    Honestly, yes, it is. I think I'm able to manage because it's become a routine over the years. I'm actively trying to restrict myself, yet the realization that I can actually leave the house without my hair done, a carefully selected outfit and having spent a quarter of my free time in front of the mirror doesn't always sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post

Brutal honesty, I applaud you.

- - - Updated - - -

You should do it for yourself, not your husband. You > everyone else, no matter how much you may love them.
    If only a quarter of the population could feel that way...

Question whatever you take for granted.