Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Except gay pride parades are not protests for better gay rights. I've never seen one. They are always celebration of them being different, which I'm fine with, but in my book in a lot of countries LGBT comminity is fighting for privelege, not equality (and I'm not implying it's like that in Turkey).
    Maybe you should pick up a history book before you make yourself sound like a retard;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

After the Stonewall riots, gays and lesbians in New York City faced gender, race, class, and generational obstacles to becoming a cohesive community. Within six months, two gay activist organizations were formed in New York, concentrating on confrontational tactics, and three newspapers were established to promote rights for gays and lesbians. Within a few years, gay rights organizations were founded across the U.S. and the world. On June 28, 1970, the first Gay Pride marches took place in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago commemorating the anniversary of the riots. Similar marches were organized in other cities. Today, Gay Pride events are held annually throughout the world toward the end of June to mark the Stonewall riots.
    Last edited by mmoc8dc2d50c9b; 2016-06-20 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    What's disgusting about two attractive people kissing?
    Two men kissing is distasteful to watch for your average straight male. Most men do not find it "fabulous", enjoyable or a pleasant sight, we just tolerate it.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-20 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Two men kissing is distasteful to watch for your average straight male. Most men do not find it "fabolous", enjoyable or a pleasant sight, we just tolerate it.
    or not care

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If you "always wondered" why there's no straight parades than perhaps the issue is that you are incapable of understand such concepts at all.

I don't know what planet you live on but gays don't have equal rights in the majority of the world, this is why pride marches exist.
    I wonder it too though and gays have equal rights here. So why bother with the parade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    I wonder it too though and gays have equal rights here. So why bother with the parade?
    Parades are fun?

Deleted
    Two men kissing is distasteful to watch for your average straight male. Most men do not find it "fabulous", enjoyable or a pleasant sight, we just tolerate it.
    I hate seeing it myself, but I think that is more down to not liking public affection. I hate seeing couples all over each other in public. Not sure why (straight or gay).

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a straight male, two dudes kissing has absolutely no effect on me, because I'm not attracted to either dude, because I'm straight. Why should it have any relevance to me, on any gut level?

There's no reason whatsoever for a straight guy to have any visceral reaction whatsoever to two gay men kissing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Parades are fun?
    In Northern Ireland we have parades for like 5 months a year for various reasons. We do love them! And they are fun! Suppose I am just salty that if I shout "straight pride" people look at me like I am homophobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Northern Ireland we have parades for like 5 months a year for various reasons. We do love them! And they are fun! Suppose I am just salty that if I shout "straight pride" people look at me like I am homophobic.
    Not really, but people tend to use it as an excuse to complain that they dont have one... ignoring all the parades where people got alittle nutty , St patties day has a very straight pride (and gay pride) parade in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So you think this is fabulous? I think it's rather disgusting but hey, opinions are opinions.

When everyone stops acting like the sight of two men kissing is "disgusting"...we'll be a lot closer to the day when Gay Pride Parades don't need to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Speaking as a straight male, two dudes kissing has absolutely no effect on me, because I'm not attracted to either dude, because I'm straight. Why should it have any relevance to me, on any gut level?

There's no reason whatsoever for a straight guy to have any visceral reaction whatsoever to two gay men kissing.
    The advances in gay rights are recent enough that most people still grew up in environments that were mostly opposed to homosexuality and conditioned kids to react negatively to it. Asking all of society to embrace and show appreciation for homosexuality at the flick of a switch is not all that reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The advances in gay rights are recent enough that most people still grew up in environments that were mostly opposed to homosexuality and conditioned kids to react negatively to it. Asking all of society to embrace and show appreciation for homosexuality at the flick of a switch is not all that reasonable.
    If people though that they could change minds "at the flick of a switch"...gay pride parades wouldn't be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Yes, expecting homophobes to just up and stop being homophobic isn't something you can reasonably expect, but we can at least identify them as homophobes based on that intolerance they express.

Feeling disgust or discomfort when you see gay people kissing isn't a neutral position. At best, you're not expressing your inner homophobia. But it still boils down to homophobia. There's nothing about a gay kiss that makes hetero people uncomfortable, in and of itself.

Seeing two gay people kiss matters as much to me as seeing two blonde people kiss, or seeing two Chinese people kiss, or whatever. I fail to see why I should have any issue with that whatsoever.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-20 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    or not care
    Or it triggers them,

Very triggering

- - - Updated - - -

Ask Amsterdam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Gay_Pride

It's pretty common to see gay couples here mostly female couples, dont care one bit when i do. One of my cousins is also a bisexual and is living together with her girlfriend atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weebs trigger me. THEY RUINED ANIME!

Id wager the average straight man doesn't care, I mean FFS you don't see gay men screaming in horror at straight couples.

You get your St.Patricks piss up
    We get our Gay Pride festival

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Usually the "distasteful" emotion comes out of aversion. And that aversion it taught by the society.

The culture I grew up in till I was 7 (in Tashkent, Uzbekistan) had men kissing men (on the cheek) all the time as greetings. (I had to kiss my grandfathers, etc) you also see men holding hands, and they are not gay.
    Thankfully the EWW ICKY reaction is slowly dying out amongst heterosexuals especially those between 16-40

10+ Year Old Account
    And are we supposed to be shocked or surprised by this? It's Istanbul we're talking about.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, playing "Gay Chicken" is less or more fun, depending on how you want to frame it...
    I dare say I never heard of gay chicken