Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    But we also see genuinely noble orcs desperately trying to end with his rule.
    They are OK with genocide and only care for the eventual state of the depopulated world. I fail to see what is exactly noble about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the movie, saw it for the second time today. First, I saw it with my brother, and after the movie finished, we were so damn giddy; we were discussing the plot and what happened for the rest of the night. I saw it again today at Imax with an old friend of mine, and it was so worth it, the second viewing was awesome, and it was on a massive 3D screen. To add, me and him also sat down and discussed the film for a good few hours, despite the fact I had already done so with my brother.

I shed small tears when I see people slamming this film, most especially those are fans to the games; they feel unnecessarily disloyal, almost as though they brand everything Warcraft related as garbage because of what we got in Warlords of Draenor or something. You do not have to be a Blizzard white knight to appreciate what we've just been given. I, personally, would give this film an 8 or a 7 out of 10, most especially an 8, if I ignore the sloppy storytelling that they had here and there, which was, honestly, my only real gripe with any of it.

I will admit that this movie is far from perfect, but it was still enough to give me a nerdgasm and keep me smiling throughout the experience (except for some of the more tragic scenes, but that's a good thing, as they actually made me feel). I'm currently standing at a high level of hype and anticipation for the future films, and am relieved that this will not be the only one. Looking forward to what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They are OK with genocide and only care for the eventual state of the depopulated world. I fail to see what is exactly noble about that.
    Frostwolf clan members didn't join the genocide.There is a scene that clearly shows that. They did take a passive stance on the matter. But then all of us who live on the first world would be evil persons, and I don't think we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/44...-franchise.htm

It seems that there is a good chance for a sequel to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post

-Shrugs- Its not making enough money still though..
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

They can make a sequel if they really want, but if all of your movies are getting panned by critics, eventually you have to call it quits...

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They can make a sequel if they really want, but if all of your movies are getting panned by critics, eventually you have to call it quits...
    Never stopped Transformers. Really wish people would stop believing critics actually matter to movies having sequels.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/searc...h=transformers
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-06-20 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

But we don't know if an eventual sequel would get again bad critics. Or...do we?. Are you maybe suggesting the critics were following an agenda and they did know they had to deliver bad critics for this movie even before actually seing it? . Interesting....

15+ Year Old Account
    Critics don't mean an awful lot. There are examples of movies reviewed favorably by critics but didn't do great at the box office. And vice versa. For example Edge of Tomorrow (or the other names they tried to market it under like Live. Die. Repeat.) has a 91% on RT but only grossed 100.2 million in NA and $270.3 million elsewhere. It has been green lighted for a sequel due to the non-domestic sales of the movie.

If we go by critics then that movie should have been a bigger success. Warcraft has already grossed more then Edge of Tomorrow at 377 million. It has also become the highest grossing video game movie released to date. There will likely be a sequel in some form.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    But we don't know if an eventual sequel would get again bad critics. Or...do we?. Are you maybe suggesting the critics were following an agenda and they did know they had to deliver bad critics for this movie even before actually seing it? . Interesting....
    NEVER trust the critics. IMDB is truth. IMDB is life.
    The truth is only spoken in IMDB. The peoples choice. Not any kind of individual person with agendas.

Warcraft is a good movie. Go watch it if you are a fan and even if you are not. Every kind of Otaku will enjoy this fantasy movie.

Godamit i enjoyed it so much, how is it possible to have so much hate. Seems like everyone just Wants to see it fail and is not having a clear mind of judgement. Different opinions i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The truth is only spoken in IMDB. The peoples choice. Not any kind of individual person with agendas.
    lol

bs of the day

People can rate most movies on IMDB before they have even came out... anywhere. Warcraft was no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    lol

bs of the day

People can rate most movies on IMDB before they have even came out... anywhere. Warcraft was no different.
    Audiences on Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, and IMDb have all rated the movie favourably. Are you going to make the argument that the audiences did not like the film when the data points at the direct opposite?

Audiences on Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, and IMDb have all rated the movie favourably. Are you going to make the argument that the audiences did not like the film when the data points at the direct opposite?
    Did you even read the post?

From Wikipedia

The review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a rating of 29%, based on 163 reviews, with an average rating of 4.2/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Warcraft has visual thrills to spare, but they – and director Duncan Jones' distinctive gifts – are wasted on a sluggish and derivative adaptation of a bestselling game with little evident cinematic value." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 32 out of 100, based on 40 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".

I'm sorry, but how is this favorable?

Deleted
    lol

bs of the day

Anyone doubting IMDB is truth, IMDB is life? How dare you sir?

I have never seen a better tool to rate movies. It's universal and it's the voice of the people.

Well, the IMDB user rating is in free fall being 7,6 now (as new reviews outweight 10/10 junk).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Warcraft is a good movie. Go watch it if you are a fan and even if you are not. Every kind of Otaku will enjoy this fantasy movie.

Godamit i enjoyed it so much, how is it possible to have so much hate. Seems like everyone just Wants to see it fail and is not having a clear mind of judgement. Different opinions i guess.
    Interestingly enough, I'm reading Groucho Marx's autobigoraphy right now, and he goes off on a rant about critics - he's talking about the theater in the 1920's and 30's, how 6 critics basically ran NYC, the epicenter for all theater at that time, and how unfair that is considering how many plays and reviews were happening. The food and wine world is the same - a small handful of cirtics decide what's good, and what's bad.

Someone in this thread or another got it right - critics are entertainment themselves. They sold newspapers, and now they drive TV show ratings and websites page visits. People didn't watch Siskel and Eabert for honest opinions on movies, they watched in hope that they'd get real bitchy with each other.

It's a movie. Go see it, if it interests you. if it doesn't, you're only out $10 bucks. If you're really not sure, wait for it to hit cable.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Wikipedia

The review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a rating of 29%, based on 163 reviews, with an average rating of 4.2/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Warcraft has visual thrills to spare, but they – and director Duncan Jones' distinctive gifts – are wasted on a sluggish and derivative adaptation of a bestselling game with little evident cinematic value." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 32 out of 100, based on 40 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".

I'm sorry, but how is this favorable?
    I was talking about the audiences, not the critics. They have separate scores for that. Did you even bother reading?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even read the post?
    Did you? Zorkuus was talking about the audiences on IMDb and I pointed out that the movie got a favourable reception from the audiences on other websites outside of IMDb. Again, are you saying that all of these sites are not representing what the people thought of the film?
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-20 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people are complaining about the CGI, I thought it was one of the better aspects of the movie.

My main gripe with the film was that none of the scenes felt in any way connected to one another, I felt like I was watching a series of unrelated clips rather than one coherent story. I felt like the Callan/Alodi subplots were pretty pointless and the "Medivh is evil for some reason" realisation came out of nowhere.

That said, I loved how all of the warlords of Draenor made cameos but I felt some of the other Easter eggs (that murloc) were super cringe worthy.

I liked the film and I might see it again, but I can understand why it isn't receiving an Avengers level reception.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Alodi was a dumb plot device to tell the characters "Medivh is evil, go kill him". They could have at least used Aegwynn.