Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Left handedness a bad thing or a good thing?

Recently I have been working on my projects but I my studies I have found that I as a left handed person face minor nuisances from writing pens and drawing boards to tools and other things mostly for right handed people I cant blame them since right handed is the majority of the world.

Are you left handed or ambidextrous or right handed and have experiences with left handed people like myself?
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2016-06-20 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    you should sue the government for discriminating against you

Learn arabic for writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ambidextrous, but I came to notice that I am right handed to things I started doing after early childhood. Which led me to a theory that maybe left-handedness has something to do with the correlated side of the brain being somehow prioritized or more developed as the other one catches up afterwards.

welcome to the southpaw group. if you are an adult and now just figuring out that its a right handed world, i think you go against the grain of left handed people being typically more intelligent.

I'm left handed. Ink hand sucks. I just learned to deal with it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's sucks. But it's not earth or career shattering. A lot of things you can learn to do with your right hand, others you just make do. Also, in today's Internet age, you can order nearly anything that is right dominate in a left hand form. Still haven't found a way to stop silver surfer when writing with a pencil though. Luckily for kids coming up now a days, most things are accetable to be typed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm left handed. It's awkward sometimes. But I like to be special.

Just go to your local leftorium:

As for me, I was initially left handed before I was "corrected" to be right handed way back in the early 80s.

People on this site learn to write with their other hand just so they can be left on something else besides their politics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm primarily left handed, but I guess somewhat ambidextrous. Write/draw/throw/etc with left hand but I use mouse, scissors, and most things specifically made for the right hand with my right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be resourceful.
    When you're good at it, you can be left handed and become President. you can even give workshops about it
    look
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    People on this site learn to write with their other hand just so they can be left on something else besides their politics.
    That's a stupid statement

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    That's a stupid statement
    I know it is, but it's true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I have found that I as a left handed person face tremendous obstacles
    Nuisances, yes. Tremendous obstacles, no.

I simply turn my paper etc about 45 degrees towards me, which lets me write without curling my hand around from the top etc, whilst still using a perfectly ordinary pen. You can do the same thing with other drawing tools (Wacom tablet, etc etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I cant blame them since right handed is the majority of the world.
    Indeed. Whilst I'd like more options when it comes to a few things like gaming mice etc, this really boils down to a very minor issue.

Although showing your keybinds for WoW guild apps can be fun sometimes. "How do you use them?" "I'm left-handed." "Oooh..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Nuisances, yes. Tremendous obstacles, no,
    Yeah it was a bit of an overstatement ill change it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    one of the scourges of my childhood we had to learn how to write with fountain pens wich frustrated me to no end but thankfully we have ball pens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a lefty, and a guitarist. It really does suck for us. Many companies don't make very many lefty models, and when they do, they usually only come in one color - black (yes, I'm looking at you, Ibanez <,<). Two years ago, Gibson stopped building new lefty models. Aside from special editions, or tracking down Japanese models, the only Fenders you can find are the Standard Stratocaster and Telecaster models, whether they be MIM or MIA.

Fortunately, we do at least have a couple companies that take very good care of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Smudgeguard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You go into a thread about being left-handed, and your take is that the site is full of political stuff?

I don't even know what to say - Do you have a coherent picture of reality?

OT: Being left-handed must suck, it is personally something i have never experienced. I never trained my Left hand, either, i thought of it once or twice, but i never truly gave enough of a shit to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Smudgeguard?
    like I said it doesn't bother me anymore.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano