Deleted

Help me build my dream PC!

After years and years and years (15+) I've been somewhat forced to play on mediocore gaming systems, raiding and BG-ing at 15 fps with all settings toned down, you name it and I've been there. After a long time of hard work I am now in a position where I am able to afford a state of the art gaming PC. And that is exactly what I am looking to buy. I took a brake at the end of MoP and now will play again in Legion.

Beforehand; I have bought an open case, the Thermaltake Core P5 (https://www.alternate.nl/Thermaltake...roduct/1229118). Looks of the hardware is important because I will look at it and enjoy it is max as possible. At start it will be aircooled but later I am gonna build in watercooling.

Budget: Around €2.000 for core parts. Less is always better ofcourse.

Resolution: 1440p should be enough

Games / Settings Desired: World of Warcraft, everything at maximum settings even at the most PC-stressed out situations

Parts that can be reused: Have an SSD + HDD + optical drives laying around, will put in a M.2 SSD later on.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Just a monitor, got the rest already.

So far I have came up with;

Mobo: MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON, socket 2011-3 moederbord - €599,-
    CPU: Intel® Core i7-5820K 3,3 GHz (3,6 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 2011-3 processor - €409
    CPU Cooler: Alpenföhn "Brocken 2", CPU-koeler - €55,-
    RAM: Corsair 32 GB DDR4-2133 Quad Kit, Werkgeheugen €139,-
    PSU: be quiet! Power Zone 1000W, 1000 Watt voeding - €174,-
    GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5, Grafische kaart €549,-
    Total: €1.926,70

What do you guys think? Is this major overkill for WoW? Can I look in a lower price range (Without loosing the awesome looks) while running legion at absolute max settings even in a 40 vs 40 BG fight?

Please help me make my dream come true!

I've ordered one of them new GTX 1070 video cards for my new computer, still waiting on it. I got it because I wanted to experience Legion at the full graphical powas with a 2400x1440p monitor.

However, from being on the beta on my current several-year old PC, it seems even though my recommended settings are approximately "5" on the new 1-10 scale Legion introduces, I've had no problem cranking the quality up to the maximum. My FPS is as good as it is on live with Ultra settings, the only real problem I've noticed is what I'd call a slight "line desync", where the picture looks like it's in several pieces briefly, but it's subtle.

The takeaway is it is possible to play Legion on max graphics settings on a relatively old computer. I'm not savvy enough to really pick your system apart, needed a lot of help getting my new one planned, but from what I can tell your CPU in that list is more powerful than mine, and judging by the prices I'd say your video card is also more powerful, so you should be golden for Legion with those two things.

Half your hardware is outdated and the motherboard is ridiculously expensive.

https://www.alternate.nl/Intel(R)/Co...?tk=7&lk=13779
    https://www.alternate.nl/MSI/X99A-GA...?tk=7&lk=13777
    https://www.alternate.nl/MSI/GeForce...?tk=7&lk=20214

Those would be more current options in the overkill segment.

If it is just for playing wow a regular i5 6600k or i7 6700k will be more then sufficient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Half your hardware is outdated and the motherboard is ridiculously expensive.

https://www.alternate.nl/Intel(R)/Co...?tk=7&lk=13779
    https://www.alternate.nl/MSI/X99A-GA...?tk=7&lk=13777
    https://www.alternate.nl/MSI/GeForce...?tk=7&lk=20214

Those would be more current options in the overkill segment.

If it is just for playing wow a regular i5 6600k or i7 6700k will be more then sufficient.
    Sounds fair, maybe I got a little bit carried away by the awesome looks (+ some of the features) of the board.

Deleted
    Will you play anything else besides WoW?

Even so, if all you do will be playing games and nothing else performance intensive (like editing etc), I would go with the Z170 chipset. Probably stick with a 6600k if you want to OC if you do not want to OC get a 6500.

As for the GPU, if all you will do is WoW wait untill the 480 is released (June 29th). I will actually still wait for it to release. But if you want more performance now, I would look at a 1070 or even 1080. But they are very difficult to get at the moment. Not to mention way to expensive due to high demand, low supply...
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2016-06-20 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Will you play anything else besides WoW?

Even so, if all you do will be playing games and nothing else performance intensive (like editing etc), I would go with the Z170 chipset. Probably stick with a 6600k if you want to OC if you do not want to OC get a 6500.

As for the GPU, if all you will do is WoW wait untill the 480 is released (June 29th). I will actually still wait for it to release. But if you want more performance now, I would look at a 1070 or even 1080. But they are very difficult to get at the moment. Not to mention way to expensive due to high demand, low supply...
    The odd shooter once in a while (America's army) which is not really intense on the hardware. So primarily WoW. I don't mind waiting with the graphics card. So far the 1070 / 1080 appears to be out of stock everywhere I look and is still priced >€800 where I am looking. I suppose waiting a week on newer GPUI's should not be a problem but my guess was that, as usual, new cards would be overpriced at their launch anyway.

At the end of the day I just want to play Legion with everything complety maxed oiut, the highest settings possible while maintaining a high and steady FPS even under the most stressed situations.

Deleted
    Yeah, a 1080 will be overkill for that. You could consider the 1070, once prices get to a normal level.

The 480 will probably not have an inflated price compared to the 1070/1080. Shops should already have stock, overclockers said on their forums they have ample supply of the 480. Only thing for the 480 is that it is a reference launch. With that I mean, there will only be 480s with a reference cooler. Overclockers said that the cooler actually does a good job.

You can have a look at this system.

CPU: You could up that to a 6500
    GPU: Wait untill the new ones are out.
    PSU: I would go for a corsair RM550x

You can also have a look at the high-end system, to get an idea for an OC build. I would go for the 6600k instead, 550 watt model PSU and again wait for the new GPUs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Yeah, a 1080 will be overkill for that. You could consider the 1070, once prices get to a normal level.

The 480 will probably not have an inflated price compared to the 1070/1080. Shops should already have stock, overclockers said on their forums they have ample supply of the 480. Only thing for the 480 is that it is a reference launch. With that I mean, there will only be 480s with a reference cooler. Overclockers said that the cooler actually does a good job.

You can have a look at this system.

CPU: You could up that to a 6500
    GPU: Wait untill the new ones are out.
    PSU: I would go for a corsair RM550x

You can also have a look at the high-end system, to get an idea for an OC build. I would go for the 6600k instead, 550 watt model PSU and again wait for the new GPUs.
    Thanks for the link. The double GPU did not make sense to me in that build for those prizes. I guess it is time to start looking for a Z170 board which is good and has excellent looks, altough I doubt anything will look as awesome as the x99 I posted earlier.

Deleted
    There are some nice looking Z170 boards out there

You have some white boards, MSI and Asus.

Other boards are mainly black with some red accents.