7+ Year Old Account
    yesterday i reached lvl 56 and got a legendary bastion and the epic white hanzo skin!
    also, my sniper skills are getting better and better

Formerly known as Arafal

How am I doing?

I found out I'm terrible at FPS Multiplayer games.

Is it me or is the dude with the chain cannon completely and utterly OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, like Endus mentioned...if you're not exaggerating and you're REALLY seeing that many truly awful people at your MMR, then perhaps you're not really performing as well as you think.

Really though, "My teams are all dumb, they're so dumb, it's all their fault, the other team is never dumb!" is such a common complaint in team-based games that it might as well be a meme at this point. Not sure why people haven't caught on to the fact that it's nonsensical by now.
    It's not EVERY game, no. When I play with some friends I tend to get better games, where both I and all others perform very well and we all have much more fun, even if we don't win we can feel like we did good.

I understand your point and I know a lot of bad players will blame everyone but themselves, but I'm not THAT bad If only I could show you the things people do in some of my games, the things they say, the things they refuse to acknowledge, you'd understand my frustration.
    I know to play objectives, I understand the flow of the maps, which heroes work when and where. I know who to focus, how to focus, when to switch heroes, how to play atleast 1 hero of each category and perform well with them. Wether or not I do these things good or bad is a different matter, but I'd like to think I'm not THAT shit at it. And but THAT shit, I mean people who can't do any of the above things. And even if you in the most polite manner, try to suggest something or help aid your team in making good choices, and I understand nobody likes being told what to do so suggestion works the best, they will MOCK you or outright tell you to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    How am I doing?

I found out I'm terrible at FPS Multiplayer games.

Is it me or is the dude with the chain cannon completely and utterly OP?
    The chain cannon? That could be any number of characters. Pharah? Zarya? Winston? Symmetra? Bastion?
    Putin khuliyo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I blame both.
    I know I can't win all the time and I accept that, that's not the problem. The problem is that the games in which I lose, I lose really badly and it's very difficult to find any kind of enjoyment from it. People are so absurdly ignorant and often WILLINGLY so, that I can't deal with it. I haven't played much at all for a few weeks now, because the community is this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me, were these good rounds followed by some really bad ones or preceeded by some really bad ones?
    Not a single bad one before or after. Sure lost one, won one, but the games where you get rolfstomped is getting less and less. Sometimes you run into a full premade but I haven't lost terribly against those lately. Just my experience though.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there's only one character that has a chain gun. (Or, before anyone gets all pedantic about it, anything that could be "confused with a chain gun")
    Bastion then. I dunno, I wasn't entirely sure what type of gun he meant. My brain didn't equate "chain gun" to "mini-gun."

And no, Bastion is not OP. He's easy to counter. He's immobile in sentry mode, takes about two seconds to reconfigure, has no real mobility to get away, is immobile while healing. A good sniper, a good Pharah, even a good Tracer can take him out. Tracer, as an example, just needs to zip behind him and shoot him in the blue spot and he's done. Human reaction time usually can't get the turret turned around fast enough to do something about it.

People need to stop attacking him with frontal assaults and giving him enough charge that he goes tank four or more times in one match
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there's only one character that has a chain gun. (Or, before anyone gets all pedantic about it, anything that could be "confused with a chain gun")
    I really thought he meant Roadhog for some reason...but now I have no idea.

I play wayyy too much Lucio. Game even threw his hippity hop skin at me.

Need to start re-learning how to aim though. This game makes me wanna get back into FPS badly.

Deleted
    Currently I'm around level 80'ish.. and have a 50% win/lose ration. Playing with 1 WoW guildie or sometimes more. The heroes I play the most are Mei, D.Va and Junkrat.

The only big issue I have is the almost constant packageloss I have in this game. Or whatever that orange blinking icon on the left means.. Sometimes I don't notice people hitting me until they already fired 2-3 times because the game just doesn't register on time. But that's probably me.. :P

Deleted
    "My ultimate is at 10%!"
    "My ultimate is at 30%!"
    "My ultimate is at 50%!"
    "My ultimate is at 70%!"
    "My ultimate is at 90%!"
    "My ultimate is ready!"

Yeah. OK. So what? Nobody cares.

Stop spamming your ultimate status. If people need to know whether you've got it ready or not, they can look at the score screen, and see a little ultimate icon under your name.

If you're concerned about trying to use ultimates with your friends at the same time then make a group and use Skype or something. The only character whose ultimate is otherwise of any interest is Mercy, and honestly, it really makes very little difference whether the rest of the group knows what even her ultimate status is.

If you absolutely have to tell people that you've got an ultimate that's ready, then do it at an opportune moment, when it looks like everyone is ready for a push. But even then you'd need to co-ordinate the attack somehow, and if you're not in a group, good luck.

Jesus I wish there was an option to ignore these damn yells. They're so useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    "My ultimate is at 10%!"
    "My ultimate is at 30%!"
    "My ultimate is at 50%!"
    "My ultimate is at 70%!"
    "My ultimate is at 90%!"
    "My ultimate is ready!"

Yeah. OK. So what? Nobody cares.

Stop spamming your ultimate status. If people need to know whether you've got it ready or not, they can look at the score screen, and see a little ultimate icon under your name.

If you're concerned about trying to use ultimates with your friends at the same time then make a group and use Skype or something. The only character whose ultimate is otherwise of any interest is Mercy, and honestly, it really makes very little difference whether the rest of the group knows what even her ultimate status is.

If you absolutely have to tell people that you've got an ultimate that's ready, then do it at an opportune moment, when it looks like everyone is ready for a push. But even then you'd need to co-ordinate the attack somehow, and if you're not in a group, good luck.

Jesus I wish there was an option to ignore these damn yells. They're so useless.
    They do need to know so you can chain your ults or use them with each other (zarya/mei/reinhardt with pharah/tracer/reaper/junk).
    What is it with you that you just refuse to have ANY interaction with ANYONE in a team based game?
    I am so glad I have not met you on the ladder yet, holy crap.

Please go play a single player game when you are so against any and all communication with the outside world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    They do need to know
    No. No they don't. Not in quick matches. Absolutely not. And like I said, if you absolutely need to do what you were describing, then do it when it's required, and not all the time. There's even less than zero need to be telling everyone your ulti is at 10% 20% 30% and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-21 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still running into people that don't adjust their characters based on the opposing teams comp, which is annoying. You don't run a McCree against a double Bastion + a Torbjorn team people...
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. No they don't. Not in quick matches. Absolutely not. And like I said, if you absolutely need to do what you were describing, then do it when it's required, and not all the time. There's even less than zero need to be telling everyone your ulti is at 10% 20% 30% and so on.
    I don't think people should be spamming the button before the ulti is ready, but I play Zarya frequently and when my ulti is ready, you'd better be damn sure I'm going to be hitting my button so my teammates (ESPECIALLY pugs) know that it's ready. If they answer back that theirs is ready and they have a team wiping ult, we can combo and wipe points.

If I don't tell them it's ready and just randomly toss it out, the likelihood that they will be ready to hit whatever is much less. They could have already used their ult instead of saving it because they didn't know mine would be ready, or they could be distracted by something and not know mine was about to go off because I didn't say anything.

I don't know about you, but I actually like to win when I queue up, especially when I solo queue quick matches.

There are other characters as well that it's helpful to know what they have so that you know when your team is about to try to push a point. D.Va, Lucio, Reinhardt...

Not everyone wants to be tabbing constantly to look at their teammate's ult statuses when their teammate clicking their announcement button puts it right there in your chat box so you can just glance at it while still doing everything else.

Deleted
    Even in quick matches people like to win, that you don't is your problem.
    Seeing there is hardly any communication as it is, this is the only thing we have that will give us a little bit of details while we are playing on the rest of our team.
    If a team would actually communicate and tell us whats going on via mics then this would not be needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Not everyone wants to be tabbing constantly to look at their teammate's ult statuses when their teammate clicking their announcement button puts it right there in your chat box so you can just glance at it while still doing everything else.
    Tabbing in and out while I am in the middle of a fight is just annoying as hell.
    You are 100% correct on that one .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I don't know about you, but I actually like to win when I queue up, especially when I solo queue quick matches.
    I'm not sure I understand the idea that people have about 'having fun' by choosing to be entirely asocial and just doing their own thing in a team game; when doing so almost invariably just means having your ass handed to you repeatedly and therefore not actually getting to do what it is you've set out to do anyway.

Deleted
    Level 51. Top 4000 D.VA in EU. She is by far the most fun character. Close 2nd and 3rd is Tracer and Hanzo.

That depends entirely on what point of the game you're at, and who is doing the spamming. If it's just spam then no they don't need to tell, but otherwise it's situational.
    If you're playing Zarya, it's probably going to be your last good chance to push a point, and you're giving the odd update of her ult progress which will make or break the match, as other heroes are going to chain theirs onto hers. Say 25%, 50%, 75%, and ready I really don't see the issue.
    What difference does quick match make? The mode in which you practice for ranked.
    OK so you are so anti social that you would prefer absolutely no chat at all is cool and all that, but some people do communicate. They usually end up better players for it as well.

Deleted
    Eh, the "total points" rankings don't mean much, mostly a reflection of how much you've played.

Pretty sure my wife is top 50 Mercy or something by that metric.
    Yea but you have the "bottom rank" for you aswell wich can be 1000's of ranks behind your "top rank". I am counting on the "bottom one"

Deleted
    Also, to all those people calling me "antisocial", just know that that's not an insult to a Finn. That's who we are. If there's a country on this planet where people don't speak because speaking is pointless and silence is golden, that'd be Finland. I found this South African girl's (well, she's 23 apparently, but a girl to me) Youtube videos by chance and they really paint a vivid picture of what it's like for a foreigner to come to Finland and actually live here for a while. Just watch them in date order from the first onward, and you'll see her first be completely crushed in our "antisocial" world, and slowly come to realize how amazing it actually is here, when everyone's just quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tarronto/videos

Anyways, all this "social behavior" also translates to these ADHD people spamming their hellos and ulti statuses every three seconds. Spamming is still spamming. Yeah, if you think you telling people your ulti is somehow going to launch some combined ulti assault, then do so, if you think it's the correct time for it. But if you're spamming your ulti status constantly, at every percentage point, and 20 times once it's full, you're just a spamming asshole.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-21 at 03:53 PM.