Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Artifacts address probably the most common complaint about new wow vs old wow: I like to click things that give me x% more damage to skill y, and even though it's not really choice, it FEELS like choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You totally missunderstood Ion's quote. He said it would be fairly easy for people to have their off spec artifacts at roughly 80% of the progress of their main artifacts. That is simply because the amount of points needed for the last 20% is about the same as the first 80%. There is no game mechanic that doesn't let a player have two artifacts with equal progression. I expect to see a lot of people having multiple artifacts with 2 gold traits at the start of the expansion and then progressing a main one from there.
    But what Ion didn't say, is that eventually you will cap your main weapon and then move on to full time raising your off spec one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I´m in the beta and I´m getting a lot of fun with the artifact weapon, maybe its not too friendly for off specs and alts, but for the main spec is really fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    1)
    you can tmog your artifact under existing rules. thats why i say ppl SLOWLY realize that. no shadows with sraffs, no 2 x 1 hand warriors, no enhancer wuth fist wpns, no...

2)
    its true that the ap inc. but never to more than 80%. thats what blizzard said. the correct quote was "... after that you have invest a lot of time to get your off spec more than 80%". iirc ion said this.

3)
    i dont say its a legion thing. i say its more worse, because in legion there is more focus on that hwen you cant switch specs easily.
    1: Whats your point? My mage has that one staff and I'm not able to transmog it into a dagger and there are no daggers, swords or anything else for me to use. Same as in Legion, nothings changed.

2: So? You can't use the same gear for more than one spec as it is right now, either... for the most part at least.

3: What? No, you need to switch talents a lot but specs are more "universal" in this expantion and most have at least ok single target, AOE and so on.

There are a few issues in Legion but artifact weapons is not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    But what Ion didn't say, is that eventually you will cap your main weapon and then move on to full time raising your off spec one.
    Yeah this as well, getting all the traits in the artifacts is fairly quick. What will take time is to get the 0.5% dmg / hp / healing increase.

So, i played beta. and looked at all the stuff online. all nice and fine.

atrifact weapons also... in theory. but in reality its the worst idea ever. even if they have catch ups, this system is bad as hell. as soon as Legion is live for 2-3 weeks, the masses will check that, and the outcry will be furios.

the whole idea to link this system to an active item, and foremost an important like weapons, is horrible.

why ?

linking a system like this to waepons means:

1) transmog horror
    you have no chance the whole xpac to get a weapon that is transmoggable to your beloved style. lets say you are a shdow priest and like the style of staffs. whole Legion no chance for you and a staff. ppl slowly realize this (look at all the existing threads). it is horrible.

2) early descissions
    you have to make descissions at some point in the game, were you cant make that descissions. you start leveling and have to know your spot in raids or what you wanna do in endgame content. or you loose time. a lot. there are many guild out there, not knowing how much tanks etc they will have. look at the existing threads. horrible.

3)
    boredom
    you will burn out if you ever try to max a second spec. you never will max a third. and you will loose all your interests in gettin a second high end alt or alts in general.

4)
    alts
    even with catchups, you will hate alts in Legion. if you ever thought "oh noes, not ALL that legendary shit again" while gettin a second alt to max power, you will simple not have any alts in Legion. its brutally horrible.

5)
    pure dps
    with artifact weapons, pures become totally useless. the most interessting fact in pures, is to be ultra flexible and customizable in raid fights. since your other specs have max 80% artifact weapon power after catchup (like blizz said 1 week ago), its useless to play a pure. you are even MORE pure, when you play i.e. a ret paladin, because this is his only dps spec, so blizz have to look that he is all around working. an example: lets say you are a frost mage. and frost sucks on 70% of the fights ? what you do ? ofc, blizzard will say (as always) "but you have fire and arcane as alternatives.". they cant say that to a ret or a shadow. so, rollin a pure is gambling in Legion. thats horrible.

6)
    cause of 5, blizzard push themselfes into a situation, where they have to look at balancing and balance specs way more often and carefully. thats the opposite what they want. so its also horrible for them. ofc they will not do when the managment decides "no time". and the players are the fucked ones. totally horrible.

7)
    raid organization
    every flexible raid aspect you had in the past, like players with 2 mains, players with 2 maxed out specs etc, to be flexible in your raids, are lost. horrible.

there are another 4-5 points, but i stop here.

the whole thing of linking a system like this to a weapon is the worst idea i ever saw. if you think about for 2mins into the future, you realize that. in my oppinion blizzard wanted to do something "cool" and also save money and thought "lets do 1 cool wpn for each class so we can blend with cool looking items and have nit to design 100s of wpns". they started and didnt look further.

its absurd content/time stretching by blizzard, to let you level your artifacts for every spec of your char. even with catchup. at the same time they make triple spec possible. what is even more absurd and totally goes straight in the opposite direction. imo they just want to stretch things and let farm ppl as long as they could, to save effort, time and money. long term goals and stretching is ok. but not this way.

longterm it is just bad. you can quote me, if Legion is over. if more than 10-15% liked the artifact weapon after Legion, you get all my gold

ps: this is written on my smartphone. caps lock or shift is problematic there. so, no caps are used or i had not wrote it. sorry for that. also sorry for my english. i am not a natuve english speaker.
    1. But...you can transmog your artifact weapon! ....right? Wasn't that stated at gamescom, blizzcon or so?

2. LOL! We make desisions. For example, do I want to main a shaman because of the fucking doomhammer, or should I main paladin because ashbringer is fucking OP?!

3. Idk what you're saying. But it's been 6-8 months since alpha went, and before ebta came I was no where near cap. And even now I am NOT EVEN close to capped. -__- Also, I seem to be having fun with my ashbringer thank you!

4. I do not care about the alt trouble and grinding, since that's what I think makes a game good, something to atleast do. So, if you hate the whole alt unfriendliness, it might affect you...but not me. Again, why should I agree with you thinking that this is a bad idea if all humans have differing opinions? If I think this is a good idea, I shouldn't post a massive ass thread about it only for people to post about how much their opinion differs.

5. Ok, so maybe 1 spec is better than the other, so what? Can you expect an ilvl 806 warrior to beat up a fully mythic geared ilvl 870 mage? NO! There's no purity in that, and there certainly wasn't purity ages ago.

6. Balancing is a problem now? I love that you say balancing is a problem with the artifact weapons in legion, when balancing has been fucked up since the beginning of WOW in general. As a former grand marshal in WOW, I can confirm!

7. Ok, if raid organization is a problem for you, then your guild must have some low players. Sometimes you need to work in order to find the best people for a raid. It was like that in vanilla, but only now in legion...it's with artifact power.

So, in short, there are people that hate this idea, but there are some people that love this idea (Like myself). So, if you want to make a massive ass thread about this, then go ahead. BUT, just be warned that people have their own opinions, and might not want to listen to your opinion. We all have choices, do not let people get forced to accept your outminded opinion just because you made a thread about it, thinking blizzard is gonna read this on a FAN website. If you want to talk about it, go ahead, but please make sure it's on the World of Warcraft site. (That site is where blizzard can read your ideal opinions, and that site helps you from getting this thread locked).

The only point I semi-agree with is the transmog bit. As a rogue who's been combat since the beginning and loved using fist weapons whenever possible, the inability to use that transmog saddens me a bit. I wish they'd loosen the rules for fist transmogs.

Eh, I think of it more of an expansion of the ilvl upgrade vendor for your weapons.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

if someone didnt get that yet:

i am not against a endgame progression system like AW. we need that systems, to progress outside of raids and have more to do in wow.

instead i am against to link it withan item (wpn) and focus that much power and dependency on it.

hopefully this is clear now

- - - Updated - - -

i, and many others of my guild, decide what and who while leveling. we are not the only ones here. also most of us, dont play at leveling what they will play in raid. many use the leveling time to test tanking or healing, while playing dps in raid. or vice versa.ä

our leveling exp is not better, when we have to decide and fix with level 100 instead level 109-110. fun is lost. loosing fun should never be a part of a new system. maybe you have another thought here. but that doesnt mean, for me, and some ppl i know, its the same.

or in short: new systems should add fun for someones, or should add nothing for others. they should never take fun out for some players.

- - - Updated - - -

1)
    i do not whine

2)
    no thx, i want no cheese

3)
    your comment is totally useless

- - - Updated - - -

whatever you talk here...

looks like you take 2 things out if context and try to make an argument that is... just sayin what ? its nonsense.
    1. Posting a thread talking about how much artifacts suck, and thinking that people might accept your ideals is a whine thank you.

2. But cheese is a dairy, and sometimes we need that dairy in all of us to get a mornings head start.

3. Just like how your thread was totally useless? -__-

OP, go play runescape. I don't think they have artifact weapons (They might, no idea really).

I'm excited for artifacts, it adds another level of tuning that can be adjusted to bring specs in line with each other. This means that we can play the spec we want and not be miles behind. Some specs will still be better at some things like AoE, but overall one won't be doing double the dmg of the others.

While I see your points, I personally like artifact weapons.

There is something to be said about the transmog limitations though, unless Blizzard decides to expand on the options. I'll still play them all, but not being able to transmog the SPriest dagger into a staff (for example) will be irritating to quite a few people I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I don't see the issue with the timing of the decision. If by level 100 you aren't sure what spec YOU are, then you don't know your class that well.

Pure DPS tend to play one spec and an off-spec if forced into it for performance reasons. I've been Rogue since BC and have always played Sub or Combat, I've played both when they sucked balls numbers wise. You can't just forgo a great development idea because of fucking balance.
    how are you gonna know which spec will do the most dps before you even played the expac? hell every month it could change depending on nerfs buffs, will i get all my AP back if my spec gets nerfed and i have to roll another one?

They should remove transmog, and you should appreciate art they make.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how are you gonna know which spec will do the most dps before you even played the expac? hell every month it could change depending on nerfs buffs, will i get all my AP back if my spec gets nerfed and i have to roll another one?
    Alas, sometimes, you must make sacrifices to have the best dps. Not optimal, but it does happen.

Its horrible if you want to play windwalker monk but you hate fist weapons. You can't transmog fist weapons to other slow one handed weapons. I hate fist weapons so very very much.

Deleted
    At least i won't need to put up with RNG as a Weapon dependant class.

longterm it is just bad. you can quote me, if Legion is over..
    BWAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA ha... ha... Whew...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like OP and several posters forgot that you've had to spend time farming up extra gear/mats/enchants/gems for offspecs the entire history of multiple specs being a thing since TBC. But no, surely this is a new and different thing to be outraged about and we should be mad with them.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I love this new system. Having to make an actual choise which spec to main, and get an iconic weapon for it too. I love having to make significant choises in RPG's when developing my character and finally we get to do it in WoW again, and not just swap to whatever spec in a second, thank god. I might even make more characters of the same class now with this new system <3

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    At least i won't need to put up with RNG as a Weapon dependant class.
    If you are a two hand weapon user, it will be nice to not have to wait until the end of wing, or end of tier boss to get a weapon (unlike 95%+ of two handers since WotLK).