Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC she was a CM (not a developer), her influence has never, at least as far as I've seen, been shown to match the claims from folks, and nepotism isn't new or unique to this situation in the gaming industry (or hell, many, many professional industries).

Most of the commentary I've seen regarding this is very tinfoil-hatty.
    well there was her and her concept art that she submitted to her boyfreind of becks replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    OK having actually played the game I gotta say so far I'm enjoying it. That might change once I put more time into it but so far it's fun.
    Even the video showing the frame rate dips up above still made the game look enjoyable, its just a shame this couldn't have been just a budget title release out of the blue that is trying to emulate Mega Man and not the whole mountain of what the fucks that this games development has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I am so ashamed I dropped $250 bucks on this. Just downloaded it and started playing it....just disappointed.
    May I recommend never kickstarting a game. So many games I would love to kickstart but refuse to.

I wanted to support the new Friday 13th game but I refuse to kickstart. My support will be when I buy it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    May I recommend never kickstarting a game. So many games I would love to kickstart but refuse to.

I wanted to support the new Friday 13th game but I refuse to kickstart. My support will be when I buy it.
    Its the only game I've ever kickstarted. Never again. I will say though that pitch trailer got me hook line and sinker. I've always loved Mega Man I and my main hope was if this was good it would eventually lead to a Legends type game since fucking Capcom left Mega Man on the fucking moon in Legends 2. I know about Red Ash and even though MM9 burned me I still thought about it. That how bad I want a Legends spiritual successor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so ashamed I dropped $250 bucks on this. Just downloaded it and started playing it....just disappointed.
    WHAT THE FUCK?! how do you drop so much on a "promise" of a title, woah, you had high hopes man, sorry for that...

PS: Instead of wasting 20 bucks spend 10 on the sonic bundle, i know, i know, sonic has bad games, but hey, sonic CD, the racing titles (which imo are the best karting games on pc atm) and generations are pretty worth it.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/sonic-2...versary-bundle

PS2: Just today YachtClub games have announced the future arrival of specter knight to the beloved shovel knight! another 2D masterpiece for free C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK?! how do you drop so much on a "promise" of a title, woah, you had high hopes man, sorry for that...

PS: Instead of wasting 20 bucks spend 10 on the sonic bundle, i know, i know, sonic has bad games, but hey, sonic CD, the racing titles (which imo are the best karting games on pc atm) and generations are pretty worth it.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/sonic-2...versary-bundle

PS2: Just today YachtClub games have announced the future arrival of specter knight to the beloved shovel knight! another 2D masterpiece for free C:
    High hopes indeed.

Its the only game I've ever kickstarted. Never again. I will say though that pitch trailer got me hook line and sinker. I've always loved Mega Man I and my main hope was if this was good it would eventually lead to a Legends type game since fucking Capcom left Mega Man on the fucking moon in Legends 2. I know about Red Ash and even though MM9 burned me I still thought about it. That how bad I want a Legends spiritual successor.
    I would love another legends don't care if its a squeal or reboot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Okay, the Sonic thing made me laugh, but this is just outright terrible if true.
    Indeed. But I've only heard rumors about people making the claim on twitter. I have yet to see anything substantiate them.

The game actually came out which automatically makes it better than most kickstarters. It's amazing how much bad press this game has gotten while worse kickstarter projects are rarely heard about.

I would love another legends don't care if its a squeal or reboot.
    Yep, I'd give anything for one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keiji Inafune is on the fast track to destroying his reputation, just like Miyamoto has by attaching himself to Star Fox Zero, Codename STEAM, and the downfall of the Paper Mario series.

Problem with Inafune, is that he also burnt all his bridges with Japanese devs.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Keiji Inafune is on the fast track to destroying his reputation, just like Miyamoto has by attaching himself to Star Fox Zero, Codename STEAM, and the downfall of the Paper Mario series.

Problem with Inafune, is that he also burnt all his bridges with Japanese devs.
    The thing is hes working on a lot of titles. So good chance he didn't even work on this one, he just handled it off to some other dev.

He didn't even know about the trailer Deep Silver released until they did it. I mean what the fuck do you think is going to happen when you insult ur fanbase.

Remember folks, big games backed by major publishers sometimes suck shit. Kickstart isn't all bad, or all good, too. It's helped deliver some fantastic games and some bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember folks, big games backed by major publishers sometimes suck shit. Kickstart isn't all bad, or all good, too. It's helped deliver some fantastic games and some bombs.
    Its delivered more bad games then good. I don't recommend anyone helping a kicstarter.

But with that said when you do accept you may never get anything and be surprised when you do.

Its delivered more bad games then good. I don't recommend anyone helping a kicstarter.

But with that said when you do accept you may never get anything and be surprised when you do.
    It's called keeping expectations in check. I gave them $20 with the expectation of getting the game and it was delivered, as long as I get some enjoyment out of it I have no regrets.

so whats bad about it apart from fps? iv played games with worse fps so as far as that goes it could be worse, are there any real issues or things that the devs said the game would have that it doesn't? seems to me its just the nickleback of gaming, everyone saying its bad but play it when no ones looking lol i dont own the game of course but i think its getting more hate than it deserves. it doesnt look as good as ori and the blind forest though

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's called keeping expectations in check. I gave them $20 with the expectation of getting the game and it was delivered, as long as I get some enjoyment out of it I have no regrets.
    That is true.

IMO the right expectations is to accept you get nothing and be surprised if u get something.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Is there any truth to the rumor of the game bricking Wii U systems?
    I doubt it, but game does soft lock the Wii U a lot from reports(IE require reboot).

Saves also don't work on PC version for w/e reason.

PS4 and Wii U version both have performance issues.

DF says Xbox One version has an entirely different set of issues they will be making a video on soon.

At this point, I'm not sure there is any "best version" for the guy who asked lol...

Kickstarter is a fantastic addition to the gaming industry, and it's resulted in a lot of great titles that would never have seen the light of day without it. As with anything you throw your money at, though, you need to be a smart consumer and inform yourself about what you're getting into. If a title is just an idea or a few pieces of concept art, then it's always worth being sceptical. If it has a fully playable demo, or is just using Kickstarter to fund additional content, for example, then it's generally a much safer bet.

I think most people understand at this point that Kickstarter is not a pre-order platform. You give money to projects because you believe in the idea and want to try and help it come to fruition, either because the pitch is fantastic, you have a lot of goodwill toward the developer, or you're just passionate about seeing a genre brought back to life and are willing to take a risk on it.

I've never regretted any of my donations to Kickstarter so far, since they're generally based on some combination of the above. Last year I threw a hundred dollars at Bloodstained largely because Koji Igarashi is a designer who's headed titles I consistently enjoy up until he lost the funding to do so a few years back. Could the game turn out to be garbage? Who knows, it might. But I've gotten enough enjoyment out of Igarashi's games over the years for him to have earned a hundred dollars from me in the hopes that something good will come of it.

All of the other things I've backed have either had playable demos/gameplay footage to show, or have been additions to existing games that I enjoy by talented devs I trust to deliver.

As long as you understand what Kickstarter is and why you're throwing money at it, it's a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    As long as you understand what Kickstarter is and why you're throwing money at it, it's a wonderful thing.
    Oh I agree, but ur average consumer isn't all that smart.